2014-2015 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone comment on the wisdom of bringing a car out to AE? I am not super familiar with The Bronx. Thank you!
A car would definitely be a very good idea.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off hpwl this afternoon. Ecstatic.

Reactions: 6 users
Still haven't gotten the email from CERTIPHI for the criminal background check. Has it taken longer than a day for anyone else?

Still haven't gotten the email from CERTIPHI for the criminal background check. Has it taken longer than a day for anyone else?
yeah took a couple days after the email, don't worry!

Reactions: 1 user
Are there some sort of pre-matriculation health documents I need to send Einstein? I'm looking for them online, but I can't find them

Are there some sort of pre-matriculation health documents I need to send Einstein? I'm looking for them online, but I can't find them

Yes there are. They should get emailed to you upon acceptance.

We both got off the HPWL on the same day and I haven't gotten my CERTIPHI e-mail either (trying to stay calm haha).

Members don't see this ad :)
We both got off the HPWL on the same day and I haven't gotten my CERTIPHI e-mail either (trying to stay calm haha).

If we don't get it soon, should we email them? They probably don't have much to do with the background check, so I'm not sure

If we don't get it soon, should we email them? They probably don't have much to do with the background check, so I'm not sure

I was going to call tomorrow in any case as in their email they ask to be informed if you've traveled abroad (which I've done). So if I don't get it by the time I call, I'll bring it up to them.

Accepted off the HPWL on Tuesday as well! Got a scholarship offer later the same day. I was happily planning on attending before the scholarship offer, but with the addition of the scholarship it feels like a literal dream come true. I have been in a state of constant joy for the past 24 hours since getting in. @Mr.Manager and @El-ahrairah , I haven't gotten the CERTIPHI e-mail yet either. For others who recently got off the wait list, how long did it take for you to hear about student housing forms? Seriously can't wait to meet all of you!

For those interested: Interviewed in late March, put on HPWL in early May, got a "still interested" email in mid-may, got a "still interested" phone call last week. Sent in one update after being put on HPWL. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and congratulations to my new classmates!

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who was recently accepted and has not received the CERTIPHI e-mail, I just called the admissions office and spoke to Mary Pace. She told me she was just about to e-mail me about not having yet recieved the information concerning the background checks, and that I should e-mail Certiphi at [email protected] in order to get the forms and fill them out.

For anyone who was recently accepted and has not received the CERTIPHI e-mail, I just called the admissions office and spoke to Mary Pace. She told me she was just about to e-mail me about not having yet recieved the information concerning the background checks, and that I should e-mail Certiphi at [email protected] in order to get the forms and fill them out.

Awesome. Yeah, I just got the email from her. I guess its time to contact CERTIPHI.

[Update]: I just gave them a call. They claim to have resent the email, but I still haven't gotten it. They said it might take a few minutes to go through--and if that doesn't work then i should call the school because something might be wrong with my email address. Can't imagine how that could be possible because I have been in contact with Einstein directly and AMCAS has the email too. Frustrating. Anyone else have success?

Last edited:
Awesome. Yeah, I just got the email from her. I guess its time to contact CERTIPHI.

[Update]: I just gave them a call. They claim to have resent the email, but I still haven't gotten it. They said it might take a few minutes to go through--and if that doesn't work then i should call the school because something might be wrong with my email address. Can't imagine how that could be possible because I have been in contact with Einstein directly and AMCAS has the email too. Frustrating. Anyone else have success?

Nope.. But I've had the exact same problem as you! I've called Certiphi twice..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope.. But I've had the exact same problem as you! I've called Certiphi twice.. Both times the email(s) pulled a Houndini. What the heck man!! Perplexed.

Someone earlier said it took them a couple days to go through. I'm hoping it comes soon. Is it something we submit online? (So we don't have to worry about snail mailing anything)

[Edit]: Got it. Dean Kerrigan emailed me haha.
-go to www.applicationstation.com
-Use code CERTAAMC2015

Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I called Certiphi earlier this afternoon to get the e-mail resent - which the woman I was on the phone with did do. Didn't get it again so called just now and this time I wasn't even present in their system....even though the e-mail has been sent 3 times already? It would be nice if Certiphi would figure out what's wrong with their system. I also sent an e-mail to Mary Pace earlier as well detailing these troubles and expressing the hope that if these problems persist, they won't cause our admissions offers to be automatically rescinded for reasons not within our control.

I called Certiphi earlier this afternoon to get the e-mail resent - which the woman I was on the phone with did do. Didn't get it again so called just now and this time I wasn't even present in their system....even though the e-mail has been sent 3 times already? It would be nice if Certiphi would figure out what's wrong with their system. I also sent an e-mail to Mary Pace earlier as well detailing these troubles and expressing the hope that if these problems persist, they won't cause our admissions offers to be automatically rescinded for reasons not within our control.
Check the post I just sent.

Has anyone received any info or coursework related to the Intro Basic Science Course? I submitted my documentation, but haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone received any info or coursework related to the Intro Basic Science Course? I submitted my documentation, but haven't heard anything back.
Don't worry about it. It'll arrive eventually. If you don't get it in another week or two, give em a call. It's seriously nothing to worry about - the 2 weeks are totally chill, and SUPER fun. It's basically 2 awesome weeks of social events, with like 2-3 hours each morn of chill basic lecture.

Does Einstein give anything during Orientation or anything? Like stethoscopes or Ipad mini or am I being too hopeful here?

Does Einstein give anything during Orientation or anything? Like stethoscopes or Ipad mini or am I being too hopeful here?
Everyone gets a Littman Stethoscope during orientation, sponsored by the Einstein Alumni Association.

Are there any current students who are non-traditionals with families who would be willing to speak to what it's like to be at AE, living in the Bronx, student housing, etc. If so, I would be so appreciative of some input via private message! thank you

Does anyone know if a Certiphi request from Einstein would indicate a future acceptance off the HPWL?

Does anyone know if a Certiphi request from Einstein would indicate a future acceptance off the HPWL?

I am sure this question probably has been answered by PM from some other SDN'er but I found what the AAMC has to say about Background Checks and thought I would post for future/current/waitlisted applicants.

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/how_to_apply/134176/background_check_details.html.

I don't know if its applicable in every case (computer's malfunction) but according to this page, it seems as though a Certiphi request must include an acceptance, otherwise there would have been no request in the first place. :claps:

I am sure this question probably has been answered by PM from some other SDN'er but I found what the AAMC has to say about Background Checks and thought I would post for future/current/waitlisted applicants.

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/how_to_apply/134176/background_check_details.html.

I don't know if its applicable in every case (computer's malfunction) but according to this page, it seems as though a Certiphi request must include an acceptance, otherwise there would have been no request in the first place. :claps:

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but I did a little research of my own by going through the Einstein SDN threads of previous years, and it seems like there were quite a few people who received a Certiphi request but were never accepted. I have a friend who is in the same boat right now, so I'm crossing my fingers that it does in fact indicate an upcoming acceptance!

Thank you for answering! I haven't been accepted yet so I'm still hoping that it means something like esby74 said...

Has anyone received any housing information for the basic science course? It is getting pretty close to the start date of July 27th...

Does anyone ever get off the regular Waitlist to AE or is that basically a rejection? Thanks.

Has anyone received any housing information for the basic science course? It is getting pretty close to the start date of July 27th...

I received my housing assignment last Sunday (06.28.2015) in the mail. It detailed the apartment I had been assigned, who my roommates were going to be, and my move in date. The move in date was the week before the Basic Science Course begins.

Does anyone ever get off the regular Waitlist to AE or is that basically a rejection? Thanks.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking through past years threads and found a couple of people that had gotten accepted off the Regular WL (just to clarify, I don't know if the posters got in or if they knew people that had gotten in). Most of the people who had gotten in had really kept in touch with the school. Updates frequently via email, some even called the admissions office several times.

I seem to be more and more excited by the day even though I know endless studying awaits.

I seem to be more and more excited by the day even though I know endless studying awaits.
Get excited - it's a fantastic time! (Although yes, there definitely is some amount of studying required... Lol)

I know! I got excited after reading the bios on the orientation committee. All the students seem really cool.

Has anyone who is attending the Basic Sciences Course NOT received housing info yet? I don't want to seem pushy, but we re about 14 days out.

Has anyone who is attending the Basic Sciences Course NOT received housing info yet? I don't want to seem pushy, but we re about 14 days out.

I would give them a call. I received a housing packet (you will need to sign a rental agreement+ a couple other things, send two checks, get renters insurance, etc) and send it back a few days before your move-in date. Otherwise your housing assignment will be given to someone else.

I would give them a call. I received a housing packet (you will need to sign a rental agreement+ a couple other things, send two checks, get renters insurance, etc) and send it back a few days before your move-in date. Otherwise your housing assignment will be given to someone else.
thanks, will be doing that

I just received my housing assignment and I'm not doing the basic science course. It says that I'm living with two grad students. My only question is: is it normal for med students to live with grad students, or is this something I should try to call the housing office and change?

I just received my housing assignment and I'm not doing the basic science course. It says that I'm living with two grad students. My only question is: is it normal for med students to live with grad students, or is this something I should try to call the housing office and change?

It's normal! There isn't a rhyme or reason (as far as I could tell) with who gets paired up. All MD and PhD students are in the same housing pool (excluding special cases like married, kids, etc.). If you find someone you want to move in with after first year, you can easily do so, provided a spot opens up (e.g. your best friend's roommate is graduating and you want the spot).