2014-2015 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So its taking a month or so to get complete emails? Has anyone from mid-August gotten a complete yet?

I submitted on 8/5 and got complete email on 9/4. Sorry if it's been brought up before, but does anyone have insight on why this process takes so long? Do they not mark complete until they're about to review your file or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
just scheduled flight! hope i can make it to the school from JFK LOL

just scheduled flight! hope i can make it to the school from JFK LOL

I live in the city and I'm not even sure how I'm gonna get up there. Feeling the BxM10 express bus, might be a good choice coming from JFK as well. Any current Einstien students with suggestions?

Just got my complete email, exactly 6 weeks after I submitted.... They certainly do take their time

Reactions: 1 users
I live in the city and I'm not even sure how I'm gonna get up there. Feeling the BxM10 express bus, might be a good choice coming from JFK as well. Any current Einstien students with suggestions?
From the city, the BxM10 bus is definitely one of the better choices. The bus will literally drop you off right in front of the school.
Otherwise, you could hopstop it and take the train, and then a quick bus ride from the train station to school.

As for JFK to Einstein, I think there's a way to do it via public transport but don't remember offhand. Otherwise, a cab might be a good option as well.

Google maps has good directions for public transportation in NYC

If you want the easiest cheapest way (only recommended if you are not going from airport to interview), take the jfk air train to the e. Take the e to lexington? And then switch to the 6. Then hop on the bx31 or walk a mile. Alternatively you could take a bus from the airport to the e I think....
If you're in the city the Bxm10 is easiest. If you don't want to shell out express bus money then take the 6 to west Chester then the bx31 or take the 2 or 5 to 180 and the bx21.

Haha gonna be fun getting lost!!! Never been to NYC excited for the adventure

Good luck everyone! I also like using mta.info if you're going the public transportation route.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think interview day is the time to go exploring the NYC subway/bus system. Unless finances are extremely tight, I would strongly suggest cabbing from JFK, or at the very least taking the subway to the city and taking the BxM10 bus.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think interview day is the time to go exploring the NYC subway/bus system. Unless finances are extremely tight, I would strongly suggest cabbing from JFK, or at the very least taking the subway to the city and taking the BxM10 bus.
AGREED with this (I'm from NY and even I have no idea how to get around up there)

anybody know if einstein is receptive to update letters pre-interview? i have some pretty big updates (publication, and a few others). thanks!

anybody know if einstein is receptive to update letters pre-interview? i have some pretty big updates (publication, and a few others). thanks!

I hope they are! I sent one in a couple weeks ago (for publications).

yeah definitely not the time to experiment with buses and such... I'm landing at 3 pm the day before so I will have plenty of time I will probably get a hotel as close to the school as possible... how much do you think a cab would run from jfk to nearby the college just so I can be prepared?

yeah definitely not the time to experiment with buses and such... I'm landing at 3 pm the day before so I will have plenty of time I will probably get a hotel as close to the school as possible... how much do you think a cab would run from jfk to nearby the college just so I can be prepared?
Well I'm from NYC area and I have my own car, so I'm not so familiar with cab fares, but I would guess somewhere around $50 dollars? It's a minimum of half hour away, and there's a lot of traffic in that area. If you haven't booked your flight already, LGA is much closer.

or you can take a bus and subway and it'd cost $2.50.

I think cab would be 50-60 dollars but its hard to get there using public transportation(train and bus transfers) especially if you are not from NY. I would recommend taking a cab even though its going to be expensive.

I explored the subway and bus system. Aside from having to leave 30 minutes early to orient myself it was a super cheap and convenient choice.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh man, def don't do public transportation unless you are dirt broke. Anywhere outside of Manhattan is notoriously hard to get to, even for a native NYer like me.
Try looking into car service companies? They might be cheaper.

I think that if the update letter has things that you consider important than its definitely ok to send an update letter pre-interview!

I got a free flight with skymiles so paying for a cab wouldn't hurt :D since I will have a lot of time to find my way, perhaps I will TRY public and then get a cab once I give up haha

If you're on a budget, public transportation is the way to go. Cabs are very expensive.

FYI, regular street cab drivers will probably have no clue how to get to Einstein. They mostly stick around Manhattan. Use the call car services such as Carmel or 777-7777 (lol) and they'll get you there using GPS.

FYI, regular street cab drivers will probably have no clue how to get to Einstein. They mostly stick around Manhattan. Use the call car services such as Carmel or 777-7777 (lol) and they'll get you there using GPS.
Über !!

Did anybody's interview invite email go to the spam folder on gmail? I was marked complete on 7/14 but haven't heard from them yet, and am afraid that my spam folder might have been cleared before I got a chance to check it.

How to get from JFK to Einstein:

Take the airtrain from JFK to jamaica ($5). Make sure to buy a metrocard beforehand. Then from Jamaica, take the downtown E train (which is express through Queens) to Lexington/53rd street. Transfer to the uptown 6 train and take it one stop up to Lexington/59th. Then get off the and transfer to the uptown 5 (which is express through Manhattan). Take the 5 all the way to E 180th street. Get out of the station there and cross the street and wait at the Bx21 stop which is in front of the police station. Get on a Bx21 bus (free transfer with metrocard) and take it for about 10 stops or so and you'll be at Einstein. If you're not sure where/when to get off, just let the bus driver know that you're going to Jacobi or Einstein and he/she will probably let you know when you're getting off. Total cost is $7.50 and it should take about 1.5-2hrs from the airport.

Damn. complete email August 6th. radio silence. starting to give it up for einstein. seems like a great school

Damn. complete email August 6th. radio silence. starting to give it up for einstein. seems like a great school
I think it's a bit early to give up haha they interview for a long time! So don't give up hope quite yet!

Submitted Over a month ago and just got complete email. Anyone else in this situation? Any meaning to it?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted Over a month ago and just got complete email. Anyone else in this situation? Any meaning to it?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Posted using SDN Mobile
They take a while to process the applications. Do you mind sharing when exactly you submitted?

They take a while to process the applications. Do you mind sharing when exactly you submitted?

Can't say exactly, but within a few days of 8/12 I would say. Are you also waiting for a complete email?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Sorry just double checked. I got a complete email on 8/13, then a different complete email today. What's up with that??

Posted using SDN Mobile

Last edited:
Can't say exactly, but within a few days of 8/12 I would say. Are you also waiting for a complete email?

Posted using SDN Mobile
I am still waiting for a complete email. I submitted the secondary around 08/20 and the only email I got was for secondary received.

Sorry just double checked. I got a complete email on 8/13, then a different complete email today. What's up with that??

Posted using SDN Mobile
same thing I happened to me. I got a short email about a month ago saying that my secondary app was completed and then a longer one today. I'm really hoping that my application went into the pile after the first email and not today :(

They've been taking a month to mark complete for a while now. The 2nd email should saying something like "COMPLETED APPLICATION" in the title, followed by "We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Just got a complete email. Insane. I had everything in by 8/15...

received "complete" email a month and four days after submitting my 2ndary.

So its taking a month or so to get complete emails? Has anyone from mid-August gotten a complete yet?

Submitted mine 8/16, just got the complete email yesterday 9/16.

Any II's lately? Been complete since 8/11, wondering if I've been passed over by now :/

Any II's lately? Been complete since 8/11, wondering if I've been passed over by now :/

Stay optimistic, a lot of us are in your exact shoes. We're in this together, and I don't think we have reason to worry until we actually get some kind of news.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 2 users
This is seriously disheartening though, even more so than most other schools. They sent out a huge wave of interview invites in early August to the people who submitted secondaries by mid July, filling up interview dates from September to mid November. Everyone who submitted after the very early group is stuck with a 4 week completion time and probably December interviews. Yikes. When does the interview season end for Einstein?

I was complete mid-August and received an II so don't get disheartened guys..it's coming

This is seriously disheartening though, even more so than most other schools. They sent out a huge wave of interview invites in early August to the people who submitted secondaries by mid July, filling up interview dates from September to mid November. Everyone who submitted after the very early group is stuck with a 4 week completion time and probably December interviews. Yikes. When does the interview season end for Einstein?
Well they don't even release decisions til February! So I imagine everyone is fine.