2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted 8/06....no complete email yet. Just secondary acknowledgment. This is by far the most slowest turnover of any school in my experience. I suspect I will be complete in October...Very disappointing.

Same for me

Members don't see this ad.

Application completed email received today, secondary completed email on Aug 2nd.

What does the 'complete' email say exactly?

My most prior email from them was 'You have successfully completed the Secondary Application'.

Is this what you are all referring to... or is there another e-mail that I am waiting on to be actually 'complete'?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does the 'complete' email say exactly?

My most prior email from them was 'You have successfully completed the Secondary Application'.

Is this what you are all referring to... or is there another e-mail that I am waiting on to be actually 'complete'?

Another email. It will say that your application is under review.

Current MS1 at Einstein checking in! AECOM has been a fantastic experience so far with a great student body and faculty. Hope everyone's cycle has been going well, feel free to PM me or any of my other classmates on this thread with questions :)

Reactions: 2 users
For those who sent in ITAs .. Did you gander an email response of any kind/fared positively from it? Thanks!

Current MS1 at Einstein checking in! AECOM has been a fantastic experience so far with a great student body and faculty. Hope everyone's cycle has been going well, feel free to PM me or any of my other classmates on this thread with questions :)

Thanks so much for offering to answer our questions!

I'll be interviewing here in December. How is interview day like, and how is the interview itself like? Is it more on the stressful side or more on the relaxed side? Thanks so much!

interviewing tomorrow! when the pope is in town... hoping traffic doesn't reach east bronx :xf:

interviewing tomorrow! when the pope is in town... hoping traffic doesn't reach east bronx :xf:

on the bright side, you'll be in the same city as the pope. (depends if you like the pope or not)

Thanks so much for offering to answer our questions!

I'll be interviewing here in December. How is interview day like, and how is the interview itself like? Is it more on the stressful side or more on the relaxed side? Thanks so much!

So interview day can start earlier in the morning or later on. My "interview day" started at around 11:30am and ended at around 3 or 4pm; can't really remember exactly when. Basically, when I arrived other people had already interviewed, so everyone was given lunch, a tour, and then brought back to the main building. My interview was around 2-3pm. After that you are free to leave (I am not sure what happened for all those people that interviewed early on in the day).

As for the actual interview it was very relaxed and conversational. Basically it was the interviewer asking questions about me and my application and then me answering; sometimes that lead to other conversations and tangents. Above I put interview day in quotes because you actually (at least last year) were allowed to show up in casual clothing and then were given a space to change. Also, it was only a couple of hours so thats why I say "interview day". There were no presentations it was basically show up, try and relax, eat some food, enjoy, and do your best. Hope this helps.

I am a current MS1 so if anyone has any questions. please feel free to ask.

Also a current MS1. My interview was in the morning. I got there a little early so I just had to wait in the lobby outside the admissions office until the interview. If you have enough time between the end of your interview and lunch, you can sit in on a lecture. Then you have lunch and go on the tour so the day should be over around 2.

Interview is super relaxed so try not to worry about it too much although thats much easier said than done

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who received the FAP did not have to enter any "System Tracking ID," correct?

Wow, completed my secondary 8/10 and just got a complete email.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, completed my secondary 8/10 and just got a complete email.

Submitted 4 days before you did... no complete email. What do you guys think I should do? Give them a call?

Has anyone else that submitted after 8/06 got the complete email? I am freaking out a bit.

Interviews are booked until at least late November now.

Just a general piece of info, interviews at Einstein extend until March or April I believe. Basically, if you haven't got your interview yet, the mailman probably got tired and decided to deliver it around the holidays.

Submitted 4 days before you did... no complete email. What do you guys think I should do? Give them a call?

Has anyone else that submitted after 8/06 got the complete email? I am freaking out a bit.

I submitted 8/5 and haven't gotten a complete e-mail.

I submitted 8/5 and haven't gotten a complete e-mail.

Great...

I think if by next Wed. I don't hear from them I will shoot them an email. I emailed them late August and they never got back to me about a question. Lets hope I don't shoot myself in the foot here. Einstein is in my top 3 choices.

Einstein and NYMC are extraordinary when it comes to taking time to mark up applications.

Great...

I think if by next Wed. I don't hear from them I will shoot them an email. I emailed them late August and they never got back to me about a question. Lets hope I don't shoot myself in the foot here. Einstein is in my top 3 choices.

Einstein and NYMC are extraordinary when it comes to taking time to mark up applications.

I agree. I have been considering contacting them soon as well. Probably will some time next week. I have a (perhaps irrational) fear that my application will get lost in the chaos, and after sending out all final decisions they're going to find it and be like, "Crap. We forgot to look at this one. Send it a rejection"

I agree. I have been considering contacting them soon as well. Probably will some time next week. I have a (perhaps irrational) fear that my application will get lost in the chaos, and after sending out all final decisions they're going to find it and be like, "Crap. We forgot to look at this one. Send it a rejection"

You and I share the same exact fear! Especially because so many others are getting interviews who were complete at later dates (at other schools as well). I'm scared my application is stuck somewhere in the wrong pile or in the trash can (accidently...). I suppose this fear is normal to experience, but like you said, irrational.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone,

So I am pretty much in love with AE, except that I'm feeling a little concerned about its location. Has anyone been to the campus or lived in the vicinity that has some advice on how they like the area? Is it safe/do you feel comfortable walking alone at night? I've talked to people that say its like Johns Hopkins and others that say it's not bad at all...

Hey! I'm currently a student at Einstein and can (hopefully) shed some light on this. The immediate area surrounding the campus is home to lower to middle class families and data suggests a relatively low crime rate (statistics were just released this month) compared to other areas in the Bronx and NYC. Having visited Baltimore for a Hopkins interview, I can tell you with confidence that the immediate vicinity of Einstein is nowhere near as 'sketchy' as Hopkins' main campus. That is not to say that there is no need for concern at Einstein - like any school in a major city, one needs to be aware of potential dangers and be safe. Einstein *is* in a relatively poor neighborhood and does serve some *very* poor communities, including the second poorest district in the nation (South Bronx). If the school were situated amidst these neighborhood, like Hopkins is situated in East Baltimore, that would be a different story.

TLDR: Yes, there is a need for a normal level of safety concern at Einstein, but nothing that should even remotely influence your final decision since it is minimal.

Crime data: http://yu.edu/safety-security/reports/security/

Hey! I'm currently a student at Einstein and can (hopefully) shed some light on this. The immediate area surrounding the campus is home to lower to middle class families and data suggests a relatively low crime rate (statistics were just released this month) compared to other areas in the Bronx and NYC. Having visited Baltimore for a Hopkins interview, I can tell you with confidence that the immediate vicinity of Einstein is nowhere near as 'sketchy' as Hopkins' main campus. That is not to say that there is no need for concern at Einstein - like any school in a major city, one needs to be aware of potential dangers and be safe. Einstein *is* in a relatively poor neighborhood and does serve some *very* poor communities, including the second poorest district in the nation (South Bronx). If the school were situated amidst these neighborhood, like Hopkins is situated in East Baltimore, that would be a different story.

TLDR: Yes, there is a need for a normal level of safety concern at Einstein, but nothing that should even remotely influence your final decision since it is minimal.

Crime data: http://yu.edu/safety-security/reports/security/
Thank you for the link! That's definitely something g I can show the family that will calm them down. Ironically, my undergrads area was super dangerous, with a murder victim actually being found behind my apartment ......

Complete email today at long last. Sec submitted 8/4/

You and I share the same exact fear! Especially because so many others are getting interviews who were complete at later dates (at other schools as well). I'm scared my application is stuck somewhere in the wrong pile or in the trash can (accidently...). I suppose this fear is normal to experience, but like you said, irrational.

Lol I totally just got my complete e-mail earlier today after just complaining yesterday about not having gotten it yet whooops

Lol I totally just got my complete e-mail earlier today after just complaining yesterday about not having gotten it yet whooops
Maybe I should start complaining about not getting an II, lol : D

Reactions: 2 users

Congrats! I feel like I complained more than you... but alas, no complete email for me yet. On Monday it will be exactly 2 months since my secondary submission. No love from Einstein :shrug:

Anyone know interview to admission percentages for AECOM? I'm attending interview on Nov 2 here, and I'm really liking this school's focus on research.

they accept overall about 30% of interviewees. OOS acceptance rate is slightly lower and IS acceptance rate is slightly higher

Congrats! I feel like I complained more than you... but alas, no complete email for me yet. On Monday it will be exactly 2 months since my secondary submission. No love from Einstein :shrug:
I never received a complete email. I eventually emailed and asked whether I was complete after waiting a long time, and they told me I was. What I mean is it's possible that you're already complete, and it may be worthwhile asking.

I never received a complete email. I eventually emailed and asked whether I was complete after waiting a long time, and they told me I was. What I mean is it's possible that you're already complete, and it may be worthwhile asking.

Thanks a lot, its been 2 months a few days since my submission. I will email them tonight and ask if I am complete.

Got the complete email today after submitting a few weeks ago. Hoping for an interview here.

Seeing everyone delayed so long, I getting nervous on the other end because I was marked complete the same day I submitted.....

Seeing everyone delayed so long, I getting nervous on the other end because I was marked complete the same day I submitted.....

There would be another email to confirm "complete" for further review.

There would be another email to confirm "complete" for further review.
If you mean the one that starts with:
"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Yeah, I got that the same day I submitted.

"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

dang! waddup!

That's swift! Good for you!

Y you no speed up your process Einstein.

I see that Einstein gives out 1200 interviews.. Is this not unusually high.?

Last edited:
For all of you still waiting/wondering when your app will be marked complete...
Application submitted 8/8
Complete email 10/2

To preface, I am about to make a bunch of numbers up. But it kinda makes sense.

Students in First year class: 183
Estimated acceptances offer (Usually 2-2.5x # of seats) = ~400
Percentage of acceptances relative to interviews = ~30%

1,200 interviews is a very high number judging by most other schools. However, keep in mind they get 8,000+ applications/year, right on par with other high volume schools (Georgetown, George Washington to name a few).

One other note, Einstein has a high priority and a regular waitlist which isn't the case at all medical schools.

Just got a complete email... Submitted my secondary in mid August

App submitted 8/06, complete now, 10/12................