2015-2016 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any tips for preparing for an interview here? :)
Current MS1, interview day is relaxed, be yourself, bring a coat

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my complete email, FINALLY! Submitted secondary 8/19.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the file compete email today. Secondary submitted on 8/20.

Secondary complete after 8/14 submission (68 days man!). To future applicants reading this thread, apply early!

Reactions: 1 users
So I just got a "Complete" email today, to my surprise. I thought that an email I got in August was the "complete" email but turns out it wasn't. (I had a weird situation where I didn't submit the System Tracking ID.) I guess this makes me pretty late to the party...

Does this basically take me out of the running for Einstein?

So I just got a "Complete" email today, to my surprise. I thought that an email I got in August was the "complete" email but turns out it wasn't. (I had a weird situation where I didn't submit the System Tracking ID.) I guess this makes me pretty late to the party...

Does this basically take me out of the running for Einstein?

Nope. I think they are backlogged with complete applications. I applied 8/28 and have not even been marked complete yet.
Oh Albert Einstein.

how is einstein for merit scholarships?
Einstein encourages everyone who is wait listed or accepted to apply for their Service and Research Scholarship. Quite a few people receive them, but the amounts vary. It depends on the amount of money admissions has left to give out by the time you are accepted, but even if you are accepted late, things can change. I was accepted after May 1st and unexpectedly received a sizable scholarship the day before orientation started.

Sent an ITA email. They responded saying they added it to my file. We'll see if it does anything..

how is einstein for merit scholarships?

Einstein encourages everyone who is wait listed or accepted to apply for their Service and Research Scholarship. Quite a few people receive them, but the amounts vary. It depends on the amount of money admissions has left to give out by the time you are accepted, but even if you are accepted late, things can change. I was accepted after May 1st and unexpectedly received a sizable scholarship the day before orientation started.

I was also accepted after May 1st and received a sizable scholarship with my acceptance. AFAIK, Einstein is one of the more generous schools for merit aid. I heard somewhere that 10-15% of students get merit scholarships, but I have no idea how true that is.

anyone knows if the interview is closed file or open file?

and for people who already interviewed, how would you recommend is the best way to prepare for the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
and for people who already interviewed, how would you recommend is the best way to prepare for the interview?

So your interview will most likely be very relaxed and conversational (if it isn't or you felt you didn't really connect with your interviewer, do not hesitate to ask the Admissions Office for a second interview) which means it will be really important for you to know who you are on paper and in person. Basically just try to relax, know your application, be yourself (while punctual, professional, etc) and try to enjoy your day. I know this seems like really weird advice but the school really is trying to get to know you, so make sure you know who you are. Also, try to know a little bit about healthcare in general (current policy, trends, etc), you don't have to be a Ph.D. in it but just know the basics.

Oh and of course, good luck

anyone knows if the interview is closed file or open file?

The interviewers have access to your files and in all likelihood will have read your file before you come to interview. As I stated before, definitely know your application.

Just got a II here today! Yaay!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got an II. Complete email in first half of September.

damn, i was complete 7/17 - feeling passed over!

Glad more II's are coming out! Congrats! Also still waiting for complete... Submitted 8/31.

I also just got an II, and on my birthday no less!! :D :D Submitted late July, they marked me complete sept 8!

Reactions: 9 users
So if I submitted in early September, should I expect to get my complete email sometime in the next year or what?

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is there a student hosting program?

Complete 7/27. Feeling like I didn't make the cut... :(

Maybe this week I'll get the complete email? :(... submitted 8/31

I'm planning on parking in the Aramark Garage at 1975 Eastchester Rd, but I would like to have a back up plan. I am having trouble finding where the 24h parking lot for Weiler Hospital is, any help?

I'm planning on parking in the Aramark Garage at 1975 Eastchester Rd, but I would like to have a back up plan. I am having trouble finding where the 24h parking lot for Weiler Hospital is, any help?
You shouldnt have a problem with the parking garage. From the parking garage, I think you can just head further south down eastchester road, past morris park ave. The road will split, stay on the right side and the lot should appear on your left

I'm excited to interview here in December! It seems like Einstein has a low post-interview acceptance rate. Could someone shed some light on the post-interview admissions process here, and how important the interview is in the process? Thanks!

I'm excited to interview here in December! It seems like Einstein has a low post-interview acceptance rate. Could someone shed some light on the post-interview admissions process here, and how important the interview is in the process? Thanks!

In 2012/2013 cycle I think I only had 1 interviewer... it wasn't the greatest interview IMO - person saw me in between patients and other work stuff at one of the associated hospital sites...

Obviously this is all speculation, but in my opinion the interview is extremely important here. They really want to know why this is a good fit for you. I think that is why they strongly encourage LOI's if you get placed on the HPWL and you feel this is the school for you, it actually does help.

Going off the last post, I would say that the post-interview acceptance rate isn't too high nor too low. According to the MSAR the acceptance rate after interview is about 10%. However, keep in mind that they accept more than that, but ultimately 10% matriculate. So in reality it could be as high as 20-30%. Also, many people are put on waitlist and one of the nice things is that AECOM has two waitlists. One is HPWL (high priority wait list) and the other RWL (regular wait list). A lot of people who interviewed well get put on the HPWL and from then it is making sure you give them updates and reaffirm your desire to attend the school.

Sorry my answer was a little long, but in short, good luck on your interview, do your best, and even if you get HPWLed, send in updates and interest emails.

Reactions: 2 users
I have found that a very large portion of my class, myself included, was accepted after being placed on the HPWL. I can actually only name one friend that I know for sure was accepted straight out. As mentioned, if you end up on the HPWL, just make sure to show interest and send in an update or two, and your chances of ultimately being accepted are very high.

Just called and the lady seemed rushed, but said that they are around my submit date for marking complete. (8/31)..

Just called and the lady seemed rushed, but said that they are around my submit date for marking complete. (8/31)..

Thanks for calling! I submitted the same day. :claps: Hope we're marked complete soon! (So we can start waiting on that II...)

About how long is the wait between the complete email and II's? Like another month or two?

About how long is the wait between the complete email and II's? Like another month or two?

I would like to know as well. Also, does Einstein have an application portal where you check your status? The only link I have takes me to a page which just shows the date my secondary was submitted.

I would like to know as well. Also, does Einstein have an application portal where you check your status? The only link I have takes me to a page which just shows the date my secondary was submitted.
No application status check available. I don't know the answer to your first question, though.

The lady on the phone said we do not do status checks via the phone, fyi.

submitted 8/28 still waiting for compete email. Geez this process is so confusing.

Received a complete email about 40 minutes ago. I submitted late August

If I applied in mid July, and was complete 8/10, would it be safe to assume that I was not offered an II? As my first choice, I kind of want to let go already.