2019-2020 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist just now. Will be declining so hopefully that keeps it moving!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 for Waitlist gang, pls think hard about holding A's if you already are set on another school, thx for coming to my Ted talk.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
is busm delaying my decision bc of my snarky gifs? am i about to get the WL hammer? when will it happen, and how? wow i havent felt this alive in a long time

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted as well. This is my 3rd time applying here. Just want to get in lol

Reactions: 1 user
I got the WL too dun dun duuun im scared to see the odds of getting off of it

According to MSAR, BU has 300 waitlist spots and 20 were offered acceptances from the waitlist last year. Not sure if they fill all waitlist spots but I'm really hoping for a better ratio this year. The Dean did mention that accepted students have an average of 4 total acceptances, essentially implying that a lot reject their offer. Do what you want with this information...

wow accepted just now by email!!! definitely surprised. I feel really grateful I liked BU a lot

Reactions: 1 users
According to MSAR, BU has 300 waitlist spots and 20 were offered acceptances from the waitlist last year. Not sure if they fill all waitlist spots but I'm really hoping for a better ratio this year. The Dean did mention that accepted students have an average of 4 total acceptances, essentially implying that a lot reject their offer. Do what you want with this information...
Ah, now I know why I was waitlisted: they somehow figured out I’m one of those losers with less than 4 acceptances. How could I possibly lower their accepted students’ stats like that...?

Accepted via email today also! One of my top choices but the cost is a bit discouraging

Last edited:

I knew WL chances were bad but wow....

Members don't see this ad :)
Are all of these acceptance emails from interviewers or from admissions? Still no email and no portal update...

Accepted via email!!! Went to my promo email box!

man my interviewer called me w the A in the middle of class right before we took an exam.... prof def thought i was a mad woman for racing out of the room like that

Last edited:
WL as well. I loved BU but holding an acceptance at my state school so not planning to accept due to the high tuition. Good luck everyone!

WL. It’s looking like a 3rd reapplication...

• Sad
Seems like everyone either got WL or A, which isn’t making me feel ang better about the WL .

• Sad
Does anyone know if you can call the office and find out where you are on the WL?

Do any schools do this? It would be super useful to know
Idk about other schools, but I do know that if you call the admissions office at Eastern Virginia, they will tell you if you’re in the upper, middle, or bottom third of the WL.

For those accepted, did your portal change yet? Mine still says interview complete and I don’t see any place to accept my offer

WL checking in. Did BU even reject anybody ahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where was the tab to accept the offer? Is it in the action items tab? Thanks

my heading changed at the top where it says “current status” and there was a clickable link to accept the offer. It’s now changed to “you accepted our offer of admission” so I don’t remember what it said before.

Regardless, you should see it at the top of your page in the center when the update it!

my heading changed at the top where it says “current status” and there was a clickable link to accept the offer. It’s now changed to “you accepted our offer of admission” so I don’t remember what it said before.

Regardless, you should see it at the top of your page in the center when the update it!
Thanks! Just got an email too saying I can accept.

I wonder if they give out positions or general categories for the waitlist. I have 1 other A at U of Colorado, both are similarly priced and ranked. I did like BU a lot though and I wonder if being on the WL impacts aid in any way. Is need based aid still the same and available, etc.

Haha I got accepted to BU and got waitlisted at Colorado... Stuck between the two as well.

• Haha
My portal reflects the waitlist acceptance but I didn't get a confirmation email. Does anyone know if that's needed?

Also a huge congratulations to those accepted! I have a bunch of friends who are at BU Med and they absolutely love it :) !

Do any one know in 2020/21 if they awarding $275 grant for MSR?

How much is the rent?
The 2019/20 base rent is $1,300 and includes utilities, basic HD cable, and high speed internet. In 2019/20, there is a Housing Grant of $275 awarded to each resident.

In offer letter package it doesn't mention

Accepted... Stoked on this one. What is the letter package that is mentioned?

email or snail mail? cheers

I got an email with a whole bunch of PDF pages - is this the same as the letter package?

And have any dean scholarships been mentioned yet for this acceptance wave?

I got an email with a whole bunch of PDF pages - is this the same as the letter package?

And have any dean scholarships been mentioned yet for this acceptance wave?
That package should have dean scholarship if offered....

• Sad
In my PDF thing the second page talked about scholarship money if that helps.

• Sad