2019-2020 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+2

On a different note, for those accepted, do you think BostonU might cancel second look as a result of the corona virus? I know some schools have already announced they are doing virtual second looks

Definitely a possibility, but very much hoping they don’t cause that plane ticket was expensive

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
+2

On a different note, for those accepted, do you think BostonU might cancel second look as a result of the corona virus? I know some schools have already announced they are doing virtual second looks

I bet they will cancel if things stay the same or get worse. Many Massachusetts schools (Amherst, Williams, Harvard) are not having students return after spring break and doing classes remotely

Has anyone who was waitlisted called the office for more information regarding where they are on waitlist of if they have any other information? If so, did they say anything useful?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who was waitlisted called the office for more information regarding where they are on waitlist of if they have any other information? If so, did they say anything useful?

I called, they do have an internal ranking but do not disclose ranks. The lady on the phone and I laughed about how it's basically just to not give students hope/crush others. She seemed like she really wanted to disclose it lol, but they don't.

Reactions: 1 user
Really hoping they don't cancel SL, or at least do a virtual one. This one is important in my final decision...

Reactions: 1 users
Really hoping they don't cancel SL, or at least do a virtual one. This one is important in my final decision...
Just curious, what exactly you (or other people) are looking for in second look? Don't we have all info about school online (virtually) even now? As far as campus is concern, we had seen somewhat during interview. Only thing missing is meeting your future classmate or roommates.

Just curious, what exactly you (or other people) are looking for in second look? Don't we have all info about school online (virtually) even now? As far as campus is concern, we had seen somewhat during interview. Only thing missing is meeting your future classmate or roommates.
I want to revisit the campus, talk to students about various opportunities I am interested in, rotations, off campus sites (such as the partnerships they have with other hospitals in MA such as cape cod), how students like certain rotations (I am interested in surg, so want to see how studetns view that one specifically), etc.

While the website gives information, it is a different thing to talk to students that have been through the things you want to ask about. While I did get a decent look at the campus during interview, it is a little different to have seen the campus on an interview vs. seeing the campus to decide between X or Y school knowing you have been accepted to both.

There is also getting to talk to the various faculty members as well!!

All in all while the website + interview day is helpful, getting to ask questions as someone that knows they have a secured spot is important to me, and there are several things I want to look into to help me differentiate between this and my other acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
I want to revisit the campus, talk to students about various opportunities I am interested in, rotations, off campus sites (such as the partnerships they have with other hospitals in MA such as cape cod), how students like certain rotations (I am interested in surg, so want to see how studetns view that one specifically), etc.

While the website gives information, it is a different thing to talk to students that have been through the things you want to ask about. While I did get a decent look at the campus during interview, it is a little different to have seen the campus on an interview vs. seeing the campus to decide between X or Y school knowing you have been accepted to both.

There is also getting to talk to the various faculty members as well!!

All in all while the website + interview day is helpful, getting to ask questions as someone that knows they have a secured spot is important to me, and there are several things I want to look into to help me differentiate between this and my other acceptance.
Got it...

Also, BU just canceled classes ._. we all know what that means.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping an accepted students page is made soon. Assuming it’s usually made by a current student

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah nothing lol. Maybe they are sending out the notification in waves or something.
Just got mine. Here it is:
"In an effort to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus, and in accordance with the policies of Boston University and Boston Medical Center, all gatherings with more than 10 people have been cancelled at BUSM from March 16-April 13. For this reason, the Accepted Student Open House on April 4 will be presented in a virtual, interactive online format. Faculty, staff, and students are working diligently to create an event that covers aspects of student affairs, the curriculum and life in Boston, and that will hopefully give incoming students a chance to connect with each other and with current students and faculty. We will provide additional information on login information and the agenda for the new Virtual Open House as soon as it is finalized.

We know that many of you share our disappointment - we love getting the chance to see you again and welcome you to campus. We hope that we'll still be able to provide info to those of you making decisions about where to attend medical school, and we look forward to greeting you in person with enthusiasm when you arrive for the start of the next school year."

Edit: Would also love an admitted students FB page

Reactions: 2 users
2tdam9.png

Reactions: 3 users
FYI a FB group is now available for the class of 2024
Can't find it. Is it just Bu med class of 2024 or something?

Edit: NVM found it. Called "Boston University school of medicine class of 2024". No idea why it didn't show up my first search lol

Only look like there's one guy in it though?

Can't find it. Is it just Bu med class of 2024 or something?

Edit: NVM found it. Called "Boston University school of medicine class of 2024". No idea why it didn't show up my first search lol

Only look like there's one guy in it though?

Hmmm still doesn't come up for me in the search!

hahaha y'all i accidentally joined BU undergrad class of 2024 and was like damn my classmates look younger than I thought they would....

edit: if you have a link pls share x favor

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Lol we could make an unofficial one but there wouldn't be any current students to pester hahaha

• Hmm
out of curiosity
given that the FB page has everyone accepted in it, will a new FB page be remade once the class is finalized or what will happen to non-BUSM people?

Last edited:
out of curiosity
given that the FB page has everyone accepted in it, will a new FB page be remade once the class is finalized or what will happen to non-BUSM people?
I think people that end up going elsewhere will just naturally leave the group over time

Has anyone from the recently admitted batch received their financial aid package?

Requesting anyone who has the 2020 Residency- NRMP Match for Boston Medical School to Please post it here. Thank You.

I got the notification through email and then you check the portal to see the offer

I loved my interview date however I didn't receive any non-loan funding, so I'm withdrawing. Good luck to everyone!

First batch, haven't got mine yet?

It automatically took me to it on SFS, and there is now an awards tab in SFS

Just got my financial aid "award." Do you guys know if it is negotiable or not?

just got my financial aid package... all loans :(