2020-2021 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back in general other than the 3 people lol
I feel like there is usually a swarm of these calls and for some reason it is a trickle this year... what is going on... I don't need this kind of stress following me into the weekend

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m also assuming everyone’s portal says deferral to March confirmed, not A, WL, R or anything else yet?

I’m also assuming everyone’s portal says deferral to March confirmed, not A, WL, R or anything else yet?
?? Where would it say this? I think mine just says "Interview complete," or am I looking at the wrong place?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I did, right that would explain it.

Sorry, I haven't been sleeping
no worries! Yah I'm also running on empty. Practice for med school I guess. You'd think they would listen to student feedback and streamline this process a bit...

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted! Got the call around 1:50pm EST. They said we'd be getting an email tomorrow, portal hasn't updated yet. Good luck everyone, sending good vibes~

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted! Got the call around 1:50pm EST. They said we'd be getting an email tomorrow, portal hasn't updated yet. Good luck everyone, sending good vibes~
What were the initials of your interviewer? Congratulations!

BU, your silence is deafening. Perhaps today is the day. Cheers and happy Friday lads, no matter what happens I'm cracking open a few tonight. 🍻

Reactions: 6 users
Got an official waitlist email for the MD/PhD from admissions, interviewed mid-January and sent a letter of intent early February. The wording, honestly... "to offer you a place on our waiting list" I nearly had a heart attack at the first half of the sentence 🤬

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Why are these trickling out, just wanna know already

Reactions: 5 users
Hahahaha this is now just going to be a bunch of initials 😂😂

I bet the adcom be laughing their asses off reading this thread lol

• Haha
This wait makes me feel like I should brace myself for a WL or R. So I’m just gonna expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised by anything else.

Watching this thread has been the most dramatic thing all cycle lol. Although tbf its mainly because BU is releasing in such a strange way aint it?

Watching this thread has been the most dramatic thing all cycle lol. Although tbf its mainly because BU is releasing in such a strange way aint it?
Lol totally agreed. How are you feeling? It's been a while since I've seen you on the thread.

Lol totally agreed. How are you feeling? It's been a while since I've seen you on the thread.
I was lucky enough to snag a T20 the other day so i’m chilling. However I really like Boston as a city and you never know what kind of aid you will get, ya know what I mean?

Best of luck to us all!

So went back to check my deferral e-mail in March, received it at 12:37 EDT. They might come out in waves too.

Lol checked my email heart pounding to find nothing

Someone at the admissions office is hovering over “send” right now and laughing their ass off lol

Constantly refreshing the portal is not good for my mental health, lol.

Reactions: 3 users
got the A email just now at (12:26) while obsessively reading this thread lol. Never got a call from my interviewer!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got an A via email at 12:28! General admissions email and no call

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
congrats!! Was it from the general admissions or from your interviewer?
It was from an email/name I didn't recognize (like a normal human person's email) and general FYI- my portal hasn't updated and my "status" is still deferred, so I don't think that'll be the first place to update.

• Love
WLed, status updated on portal before receiving an email.