2022-2023 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To the folks who have received interview invitations, how did you approach the 500 word limit on each question? As a general rule, I tend to use word/character limits as gauge for how much detail they want, but 500 words on all of their questions is a huge amount of writing. It seems really excessive for some of the questions.
On some of the questions I didn’t reach the 500 word limit (got to maybe 375-400ish) so they were still pretty lengthy without being overkill on detail. That being said, on other questions, such as “why fsu”, I definitely had to revise multiple times to get down to 500 words because I felt the need to be super specific for questions like these.

Members don't see this ad.

Are they sending out anymore ED IIs
They have until Oct 3rd to send out decisions on acceptance or rejection, so I would think they would stop sending out IIs a week or two prior to that so that they have time to reflect on those who interviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not think they come out until maybe after October 3rd. I am a bit concerned about your username. Hold on! DM me if you need anything :)
I know that last year someone received an II on Sept 22 for RD. Hoping that is the case again this year. Is there anything I may have missed that makes it more evident that it would be after 10/3 I don't want to wait that long for them to start :rofl:

I'm reading the SDN FSU interview surveys/common questions and they're all saying it was a relaxed interview/positive experience/no difficult questions, but I'm freaking out!!!

I'm reading the SDN FSU interview surveys/common questions and they're all saying it was a relaxed interview/positive experience/no difficult questions, but I'm freaking out!!!
Literally same… I actually like the variety of questions I’m going over and utilizing. I’m either nervous or relaxed… no In between lol!

Reactions: 1 user
Has literally anyone else gotten an interview? Like anybody at all? I cannot imagine that I am the only person they interview that day🤔🙃
D48146F7-2E40-4433-8D1A-6484238F93F2.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
ED applicant here. Just got the email that I have been deferred to the regular decision admissions pool.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Any new II for RD applicants?
The campus is closed due to Hurricane Ian through Friday. I would not expect any IIs to go out until Monday, Oct 3. It seems as though like last year, IIs are going to trickle through occasionally.

ED people that were deferred - did you fill out another secondary?

should I make a gc/groupme for those who have been accepted? Message me!!

For admitted students, someone recently made a “Florida State University College of Medicine Class of 2027” page. Please feel free to join! Not many of us (yet) :)

Last edited:
I know this school is notorious about sending late II from what I hear, but when should I be worried. I haven’t heard from ANY Florida schools and I’m a Florida Resident. Secondaries we’re all submitted around July and got my complete email from each…

Reactions: 5 users
I know this school is notorious about sending late II from what I hear, but when should I be worried. I haven’t heard from ANY Florida schools and I’m a Florida Resident. Secondaries we’re all submitted around July and got my complete email from each…
I met an MS4 at FSU who got an II in mid-March and got accepted so don't lose hope just yet!

Me too :(

Would you mind sharing your stats as well? FSU states that in the secondary complete email:
"Please understand that invitations are based on strength of application not the time of submission and therefore"
So I am wondering how they are evaluating "strength of application". As it could be due to ECs, Stats, and whatever, I am curious how they have sorted out the applicants to start reviewing everyone.

Edit: I added clarity to my above statement.

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing your stats as well? FSU states that in the secondary complete email:

So I am wondering how they are evaluating "strength of application". As it could be due to ECs, Stats, and whatever, I am curious how they have sorted out the applicants to start reviewing everyone.

Edit: I added clarity to my above statement.
My gps is around 3.7-3.8 Mcat not the best but EC is focused around there mission statement

My gps is around 3.7-3.8 Mcat not the best but EC is focused around there mission statement

Thank you! I have a slightly worse GPA and an okay MCAT with strong ECs. I hope this means my time is coming soon!

thoughts on sending letters of interest when you completed secondary 2+ months ago and no II yet?
Letter of intent is only of value for high-stats applicants post-interview, who want to ensure that a non-T20 school knows they really wish to go there. Pre II your secondary is intent already.

but what about a letter of interest/update letter?
The fact that you applied means you are interested, and they hate this cause is just more work from Pre-II applicants. Update some schools only accept updates after interviews ( Stanford for example ) but in General, it has to be a major update. first author publication, or major national award for example if it is pre-interview. more shadow hours or ECs in general are not of much weight.

Reactions: 1 users