2022-2023 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else still not get the email to pay?
No still haven’t received the payment email even though i submitted more than 2 weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

I am ED IS and have not. Was also wondering this too since we are at the last day of August tomorrow

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am ED IS and have not. Was also wondering this too since we are at the last day of August tomorrow
In the same boat….. waiting semi-patiently haha. I’ll post in here if I receive any updates

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Any ED IIs yet? Kinda nervous considering it’s August 31st. I’m sure they’re just on the cusp of sending them

Any ED IIs yet? Kinda nervous considering it’s August 31st. I’m sure they’re just on the cusp of sending them
I was thinking of posting the same thing, I haven’t heard anything either. I’m hoping by the end of Friday at the very least.

If you are Early Decision, like this post so we can get a count of who is ED

Reactions: 5 users
At what point would it be reasonable to email the admissions office? Not sure if I will or not, just mulling it over currently. Would not want my email to come across in the wrong way

Last edited:
Okay. So let’s hold hope for today. I have hope. Literally look at my SDN username LOL. (Ive been waiting to apply Early Decision for 5 years.) I think it’s a valid point that Early Decision interview invites (whether they go to everyone or those they seek to invite) should be out by now according to timeline and historical patterns. However, in 2019, I believe they were sent over a matter of days to various ED applicants. As in some received on Aug 30th, and some on Sept 4th of 2019. It could be that some ED applicants get their II later in time than others. I’m on vacation right now with my best friend and he literally got an II at 3AM in the morning at another Florida school. If not today, then maybe a friendly inquiry/email on Tuesday could bring some insight.
Yes, the username is relevant lol. I did not know that about the 2019 cycle. That gives me a little more hope. Hoping the best for all of us ED applicants. Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Quiet on my end… I’m a little disappointed since I thought we’d hear back in Late August… we shall wait another day I suppose…

Members don't see this ad :)
Quiet on my end… I’m a little disappointed since I thought we’d hear back in Late August… we shall wait another day I suppose…
Same here. Quiet on my end as well. We shall keep waiting. Keep calm and carry on right?

1662491466313.png

and so we continue to wait another day

Joined to follow this thread. Have been kinda freaking out having not heard anything since I applied ED.

II just received 😃🤩
Nice! Still waiting on mine. Seems like I submitted by secondary a good bit later than you (still within ED Deadline obv), so hopefully they are releasing IIs in a staggered fashion

Nice! Still waiting on mine. Seems like I submitted by secondary a good bit later than you (still within ED Deadline obv), so hopefully they are releasing IIs in a staggered fashion
You got this🙏🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Could someone clarify what it means to be complete? Does receiving the payment confirmation mean you're complete?

Could someone clarify what it means to be complete? Does receiving the payment confirmation mean you're complete?
If they emailed you saying your application is complete it means they received payment and your secondaries. So now there’s nothing left for you to do but wait til they reach out

Being Complete comes as an email mentioning that application is complete in of itself. I believe payment confirmation comes separately.

Any other ED Interview Invites? I believe it was just me and FloridaGirl560. When are your interview dates?

Complete date?
I received an email saying my application was "complete" once I submitted the $30 payment for the secondary. No ED application gets looked at until all applicants have submitted and paid for secondaries, which I believe they extended the payment to Aug 28th due to complications on their end. So no matter how early or late you submitted your application, they are all getting looked at at the same time.

Has anyone emailed or heard back if they’re still reviewing ED apps? The silence is killing me.

Did anyone else get that email about licensure? Does that mean we can only practice medicine in FL if we graduate from FSU?

Did anyone else get that email about licensure? Does that mean we can only practice medicine in FL if we graduate from FSU?

No, it will satisfy all 50 states they just have to say this for legal purposes.

And if you go on this link you can input medicine as the degree and search any state to see whether fsu is satisfactory for their requirements: Licensure & Certification

To the folks who have received interview invitations, how did you approach the 500 word limit on each question? As a general rule, I tend to use word/character limits as gauge for how much detail they want, but 500 words on all of their questions is a huge amount of writing. It seems really excessive for some of the questions.

To the folks who have received interview invitations, how did you approach the 500 word limit on each question? As a general rule, I tend to use word/character limits as gauge for how much detail they want, but 500 words on all of their questions is a huge amount of writing. It seems really excessive for some of the questions.
Personally, I didn’t think that the volume of writing was intense. I actually needed more space to reflect on years of hard work as a pre-med student to discuss ‘why medicine?’ and ‘why FSU?’