2022-2023 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how long after the interview will we hear a response

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how long after the interview will we hear a response
They meet the following Tuesday to discuss and score your interview and then the Tuesday after that they meet to decide if you'll be waitlisted or accepted. You should hear back sometime on that second Tuesday, but they mentioned there could be delays sometimes if they get busy (but they told us to reach out to them if you don't hear back within a week of that second Tuesday). So approximately 11-12 day turnaround?

Members don't see this ad :)
We have an informational/open house tour coming up soon on the accepted side. We’re still pretty early as far as the class make-up is concerned. Hold on for the ride!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted last week! It’s about a 2 week turnaround after interviewing

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interviewed tomorrow but just heard FSU is closed due to the hurricane tomorrow, does anyone know if they are going to reschedule tomorrow's interviews or still hold them?
any chance you can share what date you were complete

Lol I don't speak for FSUCOM. Hopefully it comes out soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Reapp from last cycle (you can see me early in last year's thread if you want stats). Complete 9/15, II 11/8, A today at 3:48!

Reactions: 7 users
Honestly I’ve given up on them at this point
its tough, the wait sucks. But if it helps, I had a friend 2 cycles ago, who attends FSUCOM now, who got invited to interview around December 20th, interviewed in March, and got waitlisted before getting accepted. Keep faith!!

All I want from christmas is an II from this school :( this wait sucks

Reactions: 2 users
Same, I hate that there isn't a way for us to check our status :(

All I want from christmas is an II from this school :( this wait sucks
All I want for Christmas is F...S...U!!

Sorry, couldn't help it. I agree this wait takes a toll. Hoping for good news soon!

Have any of my ED turned RD applicants heard anything?

II today early this morning!!
FL resident, completed 8/8, sent update email in December
LM 69.5

Any interview tips from people who interviewed this cycle?

Reactions: 4 users
II today early this morning!!
FL resident, completed 8/8, sent update email in December
LM 69.5

Any interview tips from people who interviewed this cycle?
Congrats!! Do you think the update email helped and if you don't mind sharing what did you include in it?

Congrats!! Do you think the update email helped and if you don't mind sharing what did you include in it?
Thank you! I restated my interest in their program and provided descriptions of two new activities I have started since submitting secondaries that I wanted them to add to my application :)

II today! IS - complete 09/06/22. I had honestly given up hope on hearing from any Florida schools but yay!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
When do they finish with interviews?
I'm not sure the exact date/month, but they said that January interviews are the middle of the interview cycle for them. That makes me want to guess early March, but I do not know :/

How do they do II? I haven’t heard anything from this school and this thread is very silent

I'm not sure the exact date/month, but they said that January interviews are the middle of the interview cycle for them. That makes me want to guess early March, but I do not know :/

When do they finish with interviews?

I have spoken to multiple FSU students who have stated they have interviewed from March into April. This makes sense as on FSU's medical school's admissions page they talk about how you may not hear back about your application until April 30th.

How do they do II? I haven’t heard anything from this school and this thread is very silent

Their application cycle is much longer than other schools due to a small admissions committee and a large amount of applications. It makes sense that they would have to take their time to go through all the applications to find the applicants that match their mission.

Or, maybe this is all cope due to FSU being my dream school and I am trying to manifest an II. I have recently sent an update within the last month to them and am now just waiting. This has been an extremely draining application cycle and I would prefer not to have go through this mess again.

Reactions: 3 users
I have spoken to multiple FSU students who have stated they have interviewed from March into April. This makes sense as on FSU's medical school's admissions page they talk about how you may not hear back about your application until April 30th.

Their application cycle is much longer than other schools due to a small admissions committee and a large amount of applications. It makes sense that they would have to take their time to go through all the applications to find the applicants that match their mission.

Or, maybe this is all cope due to FSU being my dream school and I am trying to manifest an II. I have recently sent an update within the last month to them and am now just waiting. This has been an extremely draining application cycle and I would prefer not to have go through this mess again.

Right there with ya.

Do you guys think there’s hope for me? I have a 3.3 gpa from UF AND a 503 MCAT. I’m URM (AA). I was born, raised, and did my undergrad in Florida. I also want to do some sort of primary care (like peds). I thought my MCAT was on target with what they wanted

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I sent in an update/interest letter last month. Do you think it would be okay if I followed up with another letter of interest later this month? I'm IS (20 minutes away from FSU) and FSU is my top choice school.

Hey, has anyone heard back about the bridge program or what MCAT score range is typically accepted?

Anyone that completed secondary in October hear back for an interview ?