2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who have interviewed at the PCOM Georgia campus, how was the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I interviewed in the first rounds of PCOM-GA. I really liked the school, the facilities seemed nice, the anatomy lab was pretty spacious, and most of the people seemed down to earth and friendly. I also liked how PCOM stressed research since I participated in a good amount of research during college. Still hoping to hear back these upcoming weeks from PCOM since the other DO school I got accepted to recently is one of my last choice schools :(

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also the interview was pretty chill. But they did ask me some difficult scenario questions. Just be nice and be yourself!

Reactions: 5 users
Can someone please answer this question. I have been looking all over the sites of PCOM and cannot find this answer anywhere.... WHERE do 3rd and 4th year students do their clinical rotations during their 3rd and 4th years????

From what I remember, during my interview, a student told me it was generally hospitals in the area, but sites can change every year

From what I remember, during my interview, a student told me it was generally hospitals in the area, but sites can change every year
Nice so does that mean Grady, Emory, WellStar AMC, and more... because if thats the case then that is AMAZING!!!!

For those who interviewed today, Friday 4th, I would like to say that yall were great! Loved the UGA dancer, the Kristina look alike, the Upen girl and a girl with a read as their name. Yall made the interview fun! UGA dancer girl hopefully you rocked ur interview (we in this together yo).

I also liked how PCOM stressed research
Moreso basic science research. For clinical research we have to go to morehouse, emory and some of the other Georgia MD schools.

Can someone please answer this question. I have been looking all over the sites of PCOM and cannot find this answer anywhere.... WHERE do 3rd and 4th year students do their clinical rotations during their 3rd and 4th years????
Nice so does that mean Grady, Emory, WellStar AMC, and more... because if thats the case then that is AMAZING!!!!
For my class, we did core rotations and J site rotations. Another third year can correct me but I believe it was ~20/120 class that did rotations at the ATL location.

Most of us went to surrounding sites in GA.

The 2nd years don't get this type of information until December/January this year. There is a chance they will get a different rotation, hospital system. I know for me they removed 2 sites (up north) and added 1 (up north) compared to the 4th years.

Attachments

• Rotation Sites Class of 2021 (October 2018) .pdf
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: 1 users
Moreso basic science research. For clinical research we have to go to morehouse, emory and some of the other Georgia MD schools.

For my class, we did core rotations and J site rotations. Another third year can correct me but I believe it was ~20/120 class that did rotations at the ATL location.

Most of us went to surrounding sites in GA.

The 2nd years don't get this type of information until December/January this year. There is a chance they will get a different rotation, hospital system. I know for me they removed 2 sites (up north) and added 1 (up north) compared to the 4th years.
Thank you so very much for replying with wonderful information. I finally at least get to know some more about the clinical rotations. THANK YOU!

Hi everyone! For anyone who interviewed back on 9/13, my portal just updated asking for the tuition deposit fee!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! But what portal are you all talking about?
Sometimes, schools will update an applicant's portal information before they receive the official letter notifying them of their admission decision. It's a pretty good indicator that you have been admitted.

Sometimes, schools will update an applicant's portal information before they receive the official letter notifying them of their admission decision. It's a pretty good indicator that you have been admitted.
Right no I understand that, I was just asking which portal is it and do all students who applied to PCOM have access to it?

Right no I understand that, I was just asking which portal is it and do all students who applied to PCOM have access to it?
Once you have submitted your primary to PCOM, you'll receive an email containing a link to your application portal with the school. It contains information about the status of your application as well as a venue through which you can pay the secondary fee.

I got the same update on my portal too! Hopefully it means an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what would be a good email to submit app updates? Thanks!

Do they inform you for an Interview Invite through email or through their portal?

People who were interviewed or accepted, can you share how the interviews went?

People who were interviewed or accepted, can you share how the interviews went?
First thing was the writing portion. After, we were taken for the presentation on the school, financial aid. We went on a tour of the school after that. The interview is a 2 on 1 and is at the end of day (you’re dismissed as your interview is over). Really chill, they’ll use the answers you wrote during the morning to guide some of their questions. I ended up joking around with my interviewers bc it was that chill.

Hi I interviewed in the first rounds of PCOM-GA. I really liked the school, the facilities seemed nice, the anatomy lab was pretty spacious, and most of the people seemed down to earth and friendly. I also liked how PCOM stressed research since I participated in a good amount of research during college. Still hoping to hear back these upcoming weeks from PCOM since the other DO school I got accepted to recently is one of my last choice schools :(
Around what time was the first set of interviews? If you don’t mind me asking

Has anyone applied to the south georgia campus who is on this thread? is there a south georgia thread through SDN?

How long did it take for you to get an II once you submitted a secondary?

How long did it take for you to get an II once you submitted a secondary?
You can not compare how long it takes to hear back with anyone else's app. They are all different , the GPA could be better by a small percentage, same with the MCAT score, a few more or less hours of EC can make a difference, the power of the letters of recommendation can push them to offer the interview or not. We need to stop comparing ourselves to everyone else. Waiting is the hardest part of this process but it is just the way it is.

For those who applied 10/4/2019, I got an update on my portal asking for tuition deposits. For those who had the update, did you get accepted?

For those who applied 10/4/2019, I got an update on my portal asking for tuition deposits. For those who had the update, did you get accepted?

Do you mean interviewed?

Yes my bad. For Those who interviewed 10/4, I got a portal update asking for tuition deposits

It's a good indication that you were accepted! Usually you'll get the acceptance letter in the mail within a few days!

for those who already interviewed at both GA and SGA locations, were the writing assignments the same at both places?

for those who already interviewed at both GA and SGA locations, were the writing assignments the same at both places?

I only applied to GA but there were people at my interview that did both and they said they were different questions.

Yes. The format was the same but questions were all different.

It looks like a few people have received acceptance letters. Has anyone received a rejection or deferral yet? The six week deadline for the 9/13 interview group is this Friday.

Hey everyone. Received a portal update today asking for a tuition deposit. Interviewed on October 11th!

Hey everyone. Received a portal update today asking for a tuition deposit. Interviewed on October 11th!
Congrats! Do they send you an email regarding the portal update or you just went on there to check?

Congrats! Do they send you an email regarding the portal update or you just went on there to check?
I just checked mine periodically until I found it there two nights ago. A bullet point detailing the tuition deposit process appeared above the grid that contains my application info.