2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the II! How were you contacted? Phone call or email? Can anyone give general stats if you received an II?
Contacted via Email. Slightly above median MCAT score, out of state, non-traditional. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

II received just now for 11/8. Complete 8/29. Will be withdrawing!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how was the interview for the people who had a chance to interview? And also, for the current students, what do you like about the school or the area?!

When did you interview and when did you get accepted?

Hello! I interviewed on September the 20th and accepted 2 weeks after. Stats are 3.5cGPA 3.5 sGPA 504(1X) and lots of clinical/volunteering experience.

Reactions: 2 users
I got an interview invite for 12/13, and originally could make it, but something came up. Are they receptive to changes? Should I call them?

I got an interview invite for 12/13, and originally could make it, but something came up. Are they receptive to changes? Should I call them?
Yes! Call/Email them and explain the situation. I'm sure they would be understanding.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know where the rotation sites are for PCOM South Georgia? Or because the school is new, no one knows yet...

Anyone know where the rotation sites are for PCOM South Georgia? Or because the school is new, no one knows yet...
They have 5 rotation sites as of now.. in Valdosta, Colquitt, Albany and I don’t remember where the other 2 are at

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if they have sites in Thomasville?

Members don't see this ad :)
2 emails from PCOM Georgia in 1 day. Jesus, Mary and Joseph STAHP.

My application fee was submitted 9/26 but my letters have not been received yet. I submitted my application fee for PCOM-GA a few days later and they have received my letters. Anyone else still waiting on PCOM-South GA to complete their app?

Has anyone who interviewed noticed a change on their portal? Mine now shows two different deposits under my requirements but no link. I interviewed a week ago and live OOS so nothing has come in the mail yet

Has anyone who interviewed noticed a change on their portal? Mine now shows two different deposits under my requirements but no link. I interviewed a week ago and live OOS so nothing has come in the mail yet
Just noticed that on mine too.. maybe it means we got accepted??.. fingers crossed

Just noticed that on mine too.. maybe it means we got accepted??.. fingers crossed

ahhhhh I sure hope so I really loved this campus and everyone seemed so friendly

Checking in to let those people with portal changes know that the same thing happened to me last year and it meant I was accepted! A link for a deposit should be posted for you guys soon (if its like last year). Congrats!

I just received my rejection in the mail. Interview was 11/1. Good luck to the rest of you!

• Sad
@liFTC
Does anyone have specific tips on the interview? Is it 1 on 1 and mostly scenario based? Is the SDN Georgia interview question page helpful?

@liFTC
Does anyone have specific tips on the interview? Is it 1 on 1 and mostly scenario based? Is the SDN Georgia interview question page helpful?
Interview is two-on-one and largely based on the written assignment done at the very start of the day. Some tips I would say is to relax, be yourself and have a conversation. That likely doesn’t help much but they tell you that you’re there because so far you look good on paper, they want to make sure the person on paper matches the one they’re meeting. Written assignment was like 6 questions scenario/opinion based. I mentioned this in an earlier reply but this campus is really warm, the students look so happy and appear to mesh well with each other. It’s a very low stress environment imo and something I appreciated on interview day ☺️

@liFTC
I didn’t look at the SDN page, but it’s 2 on 1 and really friendly / relaxed. Nothing about the school or interview was tricky or difficult, I just performed really poorly because I was distracted and preoccupied with personal stuff. Just be yourself and be ready for the common questions. (Why medicine, why this school, etc...)

They have 5 rotation sites as of now.. in Valdosta, Colquitt, Albany and I don’t remember where the other 2 are at
Pretty sure the 5 were Albany, Tifton, Thomasville, Moultrie, and Valdosta.

Are the lectures taught in person or are they live streamed from a different PCOM campus?

Most lectures are taught in person, though some lectures have been streamed. After voicing that we didn't like the streamed lectures they have been cut down considerably.

Secondary Complete 11/12. Anyone know if this would be too late of a submission with my stats? I'm 27, OOS, English/IT double major with a very low cGPA/sGPA (Care taking respnsibilities for Parent Sickness/Disability), but close to 4.0 post-baccalaureate GPA (40 Credits of reinvention) and mid 50X MCAT. For ECs, I have 3600+ Hours of Clinical/Work experience/MD Shadowing, 1.5 Years of Research (Volunteered ~ 600 Hours) among working several jobs since the age of 16, including significant leadership experience. Do y'all know if PCOM (PA/Georgia/South Georgia) rewards reinvention? Best of luck, y'all!

does anyone know how many people they are accepting for this cycle. I know first class is 55 students

Came home today and saw my letter :D Accepted!

Congrats, y'all! Mind sharing your application timelines? (When you were verified, secondary received/sent and II received) Thanks!!!

Hey all.
Verified 10/24
Letters and fee 10/31
II 11/18
Interviewing 12/09
I’m a South GA (North FL) guy. I have high stats, but I’d like to come home :)

Congrats, y'all! Mind sharing your application timelines? (When you were verified, secondary received/sent and II received) Thanks!!!
Verified: Early July?
Primary Sent: 08/23
Primary Received by School: 08/29
II Received: 09/30
Stats for anyone who cares: GPA: 3.8X / MCAT (taken 3 times) 500 -> 504 -> 507

Reactions: 3 users
I have a question, if you get accepted to PCOM South Georgia, can you still get accepted to PCOM Georgia or PCOM PA or is that it once you get accepted to one of their campuses?

Hello was wondering about my chances at this school.
Completed mid-October.
LM59 but due to low GPA.
MCAT 507 first try no section below 126.
URM
OOS but strong ties to georgia.
hundreds of clinical and research hours.
lots of leadership in volunteering postions.

Hello, I would like to know everyone’s thoughts on choosing between the Georgia and the South Georgia campus. Thank you!!

Hello was wondering about my chances at this school.
Completed mid-October.
LM59 but due to low GPA.
MCAT 507 first try no section below 126.
URM
OOS but strong ties to georgia.
hundreds of clinical and research hours.
lots of leadership in volunteering postions.
You will be fine dude, crush the interview, then you are a shoe-in.