2019-2020 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did e-mail Lynn and she let me know that there has been very little movement on the waitlist. So at least we know that much.

I thought they hadn’t ranked it yet? Hmmm

Members don't see this ad.

I received some updates this afternoon on the waitlist status. mine changed to accept hold from high alternate. Basically they do not have any opening right now. There is internal ranking within accept hold but it is not disclosed. Applicants with accept hold will either be offered a place in class 2024 if there is opening by august or a place in class 2025.
Hope this can clear some confusion for those who are waiting for updates.

Reactions: 1 users
I received some updates this afternoon on the waitlist status. mine changed to accept hold from high alternate. Basically they do not have any opening right now. There is internal ranking within accept hold but it is not disclosed. Applicants with accept hold will either be offered a place in class 2024 if there is opening by august or a place in class 2025.

Thanks for letting us know. I also got an update but it said nothing about changing the status from high alternate. It seems like that's another way to see how we were ranked so wasn't high enough for the accept hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew from my spot on the waitlist (high alternate). Not sure if this will help with movement much, but best of luck to you all!

Accepted from the high WL!

Accepted from the high WL!
Congrats! Was this directly from high alternate to accept, or from accept hold to accept? Someone previously mentioned that their status went from high alternate to accept hold.

Congrats! Was this directly from high alternate to accept, or from accept hold to accept? Someone previously mentioned that their status went from high alternate to accept hold.
I went from high alternate to accept status.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi this question is for any current students.
How is the simulation center? I didn't get to see it during my tour. What kind of scenarios can you practice there?
Also how much time do students spend in the clinical skills laboratory?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they actually say that we would get an email in this past week? I thought it is only monthly updates from now till Aug?

Did they actually say that we would get an email in this past week? I thought it is only monthly updates from now till Aug?
They just said they’d start sending updates in late May or early June.

Did you get an update? Are you in the high alternate list?

I don't think anyone asked this already, were you in their masters program or a regular applicant this cycle? Wondering if they're placing regular applicants on accept hold as well. Thanks!

I don't think anyone asked this already, were you in their masters program or a regular applicant this cycle? Wondering if they're placing regular applicants on accept hold as well. Thanks!
I was a regular applicant this cycle and was placed on accept hold.

Hi, I am new here and applying for the 2021 TUCOM school year. I have taken one MCAT (507) and prepare to take second one later date. I want to send my application in after I get my second MCAT score, hoping it's better. My question is when is considered "late" for application? Is November/December still good? I heard from my school counselor that applying after August is not recommended and I should wait a year. I am not sure now. Thank you for reading and any response appreciated.

Hi, I am new here and applying for the 2021 TUCOM school year. I have taken one MCAT (507) and prepare to take second one later date. I want to send my application in after I get my second MCAT score, hoping it's better. My question is when is considered "late" for application? Is November/December still good? I heard from my school counselor that applying after August is not recommended and I should wait a year. I am not sure now. Thank you for reading and any response appreciated.
A 507 is pretty decent for DO schools. So to address your immediate q, it depends on whether you are doing it only for DO schools or also MD. Most DO schools are rolling admissions, so if you're taking it by September, it should be okay. For MD schools, They told me that they are tryin to be sensitive abt the COVID situation, but they also say yes it is too late. You could always send your app in and then send your new score in later, as long as you put your future MCAT date on there. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. I am only interested in DO school at this point because my stats are not great (cGPA 3.5/sGPA3.3). I have to work on getting more shadowing and LOR from DO because I couldn't get it done earlier due to the pandemic. I heard some say that Touro starts interview in August? If that is true, then I feel I am late to apply. Also is it not a good idea to re-apply without significant changes? My counselor told me that.
Thanks for reading and any comments appreciated.

Thank you so much. I am only interested in DO school at this point because my stats are not great (cGPA 3.5/sGPA3.3). I have to work on getting more shadowing and LOR from DO because I couldn't get it done earlier due to the pandemic. I heard some say that Touro starts interview in August? If that is true, then I feel I am late to apply. Also is it not a good idea to re-apply without significant changes? My counselor told me that.
Thanks for reading and any comments appreciated.

I would suggest you to apply to one throw away school which you are not care much. Once your application gets verified you can add as many schools later on once your new MCAT score comes in. Make sure your MCAT score won't be <507 otherwise it will look bad. 507 is pretty good MCAT score for many schools but how's your overall app. I would suggest apply most of the schools.

Maybe next week
Still waiting for the good news from them, but anxiously. This is really my top top top and only choice! Anyone here with me? Let's cross our fingers!

Reactions: 2 users
There is an update. Nothing too exciting tho

I know this time could mean a plan B prep... but just wondering if there’s any waitlist movements...

Does anyone know where we can find the match list for this year?
TOURO CA

ANESTHESIOLOGY
University of Washington
University of Arizona
Kaweah Delta
UT Houston
Kaweah Delta
Medical College Wisconsin

EMERGENCY MEDICINE
OHSU
St. Barnabas Hospital
Kaweah-Delta Medical Center
Northwell Staten Island University
UHOC
New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist
Kaweah Delta
SUNY Upstate
Valley Health

FAMILY MEDICINE
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
John Muir
Kaiser Fontana
PIH Downey
Sunrise Health
Dignity Health - Northridge
Sunrise Health
Natividad Medical Center
Kaiser - Los Angeles
Ventura County Medical Center
RUHS/UC Riverside
Valley Consortium
Kaiser Fontana
Dignity Health - Merced
Peak Vista
Darnall Army Medical Center
Adventist Health Glendale
Kaiser Santa Rosa
Kaiser Santa Rosa
Natividad Medical Center
Valley Consortium

GENERAL SURGERY
Hackensack - Palisades
Riverside Community Hospital

INTERNAL MEDICINE
UC Irvine
UC Riverside
UCSF Fresno
Legacy
UC Riverside
Henry Ford/Michigan State
Scripps Mercy
Riverside Community Hospital
Saint Marys Medical Center
Adventist Health White Memorial
Cook County Hospital
Community Memorial Health
Adventist Health White Memorial
Kern Medical
UT Health San Antonio
Highland
Highland
St. Louis University
Highland
St. Mary's Medical Center
UNLV
Scripps Mercy
Lenox Hill
U of A Phoenix
University of Hawaii
Highland
Community Memorial Health
Spectrum Health/Michigan State University
Loma Linda
UNLV
University of Connecticut

NEUROLOGY
Maine Medical Center
Loma Linda University
UCLA Harbor
Albany Medical Center

NEUROSURGERY
Riverside University Health System

OBGYN
Richmond University Medical Center
HCA Houston Healthcare/U Houston
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center

OPTHALMOLOGY
St. John's Episcopal

ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY
Riverside University Health System

PEDIATRICS
OHSU
LAC+USC
Kaiser Oakland
Maimonides Medical Center
Valley Children's Hospital
LAC+USC
Tucson Hospitals Medical Education Program
U of Louisville/Norton Children's
Children's Hospital Oakland

PM&R
Columbia-Cornell New York Presbyterian
Medical College of Wisconsin

PSYCHIATRY
UCSF Fresno
University of Reno
Loma Linda University
Loma Linda University
UCSF Fresno
MedStar/Georgetown Univ Hosp
Healthone/sky ridge hosp

RADIOLOGY
Sunrise Health
Oklahoma State University

TRANSITIONAL
St. Joseph's
Hemet Valley Medical
Blake Medical Center
Kaweah Delta

PRELIM-SURGERY
St. Joseph's Hospital
UCSF East Bay/Highland

PRELIM-MEDICINE
Westchester Medical Center

I was placed on the accept-hold list after being on the high alternate list. I believe it was during the first round of waitlist emails in early June!

I was placed on the accept-hold list after being on the high alternate list. I believe it was during the first round of waitlist emails in early June!
Thanks very much for your reply! Also congrats!!

does anyone know how many accept holds are left?

I am on the medium alternate and haven't heard anything. :/ Let me know if you hear of anyone!
in general, the ranking goes accept hold> High alternate> medium alternate > low alternate. It could be a while before they start pulling ppl from waitlist. It depends on how many accept holds they take this year

does anyone know how many accept holds are left?
in general, the ranking goes accept hold> High alternate> medium alternate > low alternate. It could be a while before they start pulling ppl from waitlist. It depends on how many accept holds they take this year

We don't know but there may be a few from the masters program still on accept hold. So there may be others too from the regular applicants.
Unfortunately no updates. Tried to contact admissions and, per usual, it's a voicemail.

We don't know but there may be a few from the masters program still on accept hold. So there may be others too from the regular applicants.
Unfortunately no updates. Tried to contact admissions and, per usual, it's a voicemail.
I’m a regular applicant still on accept hold :/

I’m a regular applicant still on accept hold :/
you still have 2 more weeks so hang in there. I don't think the master students are necessarily given priority at this point. highly doubt it. You can get the call any time maybe before one of them. The fact that you're on accept hold and other master students are still on the regular waitlist says a lot so you never know! Either way you're in, just a matter of starting now or next year :) so congrats!

you still have 2 more weeks so hang in there. I don't think the master students are necessarily given priority at this point. highly doubt it. You can get the call any time maybe before one of them. The fact that you're on accept hold and other master students are still on the regular waitlist says a lot so you never know! Either way you're in, just a matter of starting now or next year :) so congrats!

I agree