2019-2020 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have they said anything about remote fall semester

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call earlier today!!! So excited! Was given 5 business days to respond to my offer.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it's ok to make some classes P/F in my last semester of college before starting YSM? Would that be a problem?

FWIW my last semester of undergrad was entirely pass/fail, and it wasn't during the COVID pandemic. I can't say whether it hurt me in admissions at other places, but I was not asked about this in any of my interviews. EDIT: if you're pre-matriculation, I would just email admissions to make sure :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Have they said anything about remote fall semester

"Summary: Yale will begin fall semester 2020 on time. Decisions about class format (in-person, online, or a hybrid) will be announced by early July. In accordance with guidelines issued by public health experts and the state’s Reopen CT Initiative, Yale will begin a limited and phased expansion of on-campus research and library services in June."

Provost Announcement from May 13, 2020

Reactions: 1 users
"Summary: Yale will begin fall semester 2020 on time. Decisions about class format (in-person, online, or a hybrid) will be announced by early July. In accordance with guidelines issued by public health experts and the state’s Reopen CT Initiative, Yale will begin a limited and phased expansion of on-campus research and library services in June."

Provost Announcement from May 13, 2020

So wait till July lol, there goes everyone’s deposits

I was told their slots have been completely filled by first round of acceptances and thus more than likely will not be moving to the waitlist this year.
It was like this last cycle as well according to my tour guide so I’m not surprised. Apparently few if any turn down the MDPhD acceptance.

Does anyone know the reasons for Yale's move over the years from 9->11>13>15? Is it expected to continue to decline? A mentor of mine mentioned it might be the case it will eventually be similar rank as other ivies with a more limited clinical exposure (and how that relates to research funding/PD impressions) such as Dartmouth & Brown?
This was addressed by an anonymous student in a Second Look document. According to that student, YSM's ranking drop was a result of less funding due to small class size. Not sure if YSM administration also have a similar interpretation of their ranking.

Long shot - but with decisions potentially coming out tomorrow, does anyone remember if they received their email in the morning, afternoon, night EST? Hope all of you are thriving

Long shot - but with decisions potentially coming out tomorrow, does anyone remember if they received their email in the morning, afternoon, night EST? Hope all of you are thriving
Afternoon around 4. I don't think that means much LOL but good luck