2020-2021 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MD II as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It says on Yales website that they send interview invites throughout February? Because now they are scheduling into mid january, could we assume that the chances of getting an interview is low at this point of time? I am assuming there are people who are going to cancel their interview invites but right now does it seem like very low chance at this point? I am applying MSTP complete 9/30 so idk :(.
It says they're sending invites through Feb, but the invites could be for like March

It says they're sending invites through Feb, but the invites could be for like March
I'm not sure if this is any help, but for fellow MSTP applicants check out the national MD/PhD interview calendar (it is not by any means complete, but gives an idea of what kind of dates are left).

Seems like they have 3 more MSTP interview dates (of which I'm guessing they are still sending invites for the latter 2).

Wow only 3 more slots for MD/PhD?? I poured my heart and soul into that app and still haven't heard back (complete 9/20) :(
Will just accept the soft R at this point. I'm ORM and with a 3.75 gpa 516 mcat I knew I would be on the edge :\

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Wow only 3 more slots for MD/PhD?? I poured my heart and soul into that app and still haven't heard back (complete 9/20) :(
Will just accept the soft R at this point. I'm ORM and with a 3.75 gpa 516 mcat I knew I would be on the edge :\
I have lower stats than you do and I have a MSTP interview. Don't give up hope. Its nonrolling admissions and they don't accept people until March. You're still in it if you haven't gotten an Pre-II R.

I have lower stats than you do and I have a MSTP interview. Don't give up hope. Its nonrolling admissions and they don't accept people until March. You're still in it if you haven't gotten an Pre-II R.
Can I ask when you were completed and when you got the II? I’m also applying MSTP and haven’t heard anything 😬

Complete: 8/3
II: 10/6
I'm interviewing in December (bc of other interview conflicts)

LM 69
congrats! it may also be the fact that I applied to do a public health phd and I think they don't accept many people for that track I think

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has any international applicant gotten an II yet this cycle?
Not a peep since I submitted my app in July. Thought I had a shot since I've gotten IIs from other similarly ranked schools and I had some connections to the school. It's never too late though.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Not a peep since I submitted my app in July. Thought I had a shot since I've gotten IIs from other similarly ranked schools and I had some connections to the school. It's never too late though.
yeah same! I think there may be delays this year for a lot of schools. It's definitely not too late yet

Has any international applicant gotten an II yet this cycle?
International with no green card. Complete on Sept. 16th. Got II on Oct 15th.
ORM, non-Canadian, LM 79, no tie to the school. MD applicant

I did not get many II this cycle (3 so far) and was pretty surprised that Yale gave me one.
There is still hope as I think Yale do accept relatively many international students considering their class size.
Now only patiently (not at all) waiting for the result...

• Love
For interview thank you notes, are we supposed to upload them to the portal or are we supposed to directly email the interviewers? Thanks!

Does anyone know till when they would be sending interview invites?

Are we supposed to write thank you notes if the interviews had an adcom?

Are we supposed to write thank you notes if the interviews had an adcom?
I think every interview had 1 adcom. I wrote thank-you notes to all 3 of my interviewers, and the 2 faculty ones responded.

I think every interview had 1 adcom. I wrote thank-you notes to all 3 of my interviewers, and the 2 faculty ones responded.
My situation is entirely the opposite. Only the student interviewer replied. Both of my faculty interviewers did not reply at all. Now I am thinking if I should get neurotic right now and read it as a negative sign...o_O

• Haha
My situation is entirely the opposite. Only the student interviewer replied. Both of my faculty interviewers did not reply at all. Now I am thinking if I should get neurotic right now and read it as a negative sign...o_O
Wait you had a student interviewer? lol. I only had an adcom and two faculty members. But you definitely shouldn't be worried. Some other schools where I've gotten in, I had interviewers who did not respond to my thank-you notes. I just mentioned they responded to point out that it is okay to do lol

I do not think so! I have also had a few interviews where there was no response; the interviewers transmit their notes almost immediately after interviews, so the thank you letter shouldn't do anything (but I also get neutoric dw)

I do not think so! I have also had a few interviews where there was no response; the interviewers transmit their notes almost immediately after interviews, so the thank you letter shouldn't do anything (but I also get neutoric dw)
Yeah, I'm the same way...but it depends on the school. Some do it directly afterwards but some might not do it until days later from what I've heard. Also, if your interviewer is on the admissions committee then I feel like it could help give them a good impression of you and they may go to bat for you a bit harder during the committee meeting to decide who gets an A/R/WL. Either way, them not responding doesn't mean anything. They're super busy people.

Does anyone know till when they would be sending interview invites?
I'm also wondering because this thread has been extremely quiet.

Reactions: 5 users
Got the R for the MD/PhD program today. Hopefully will be considered for regular admissions but highly doubtful

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Yale breaking our hearts is what's going on

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know when decision day is? Is it in Feb or March? Did they give an exact date?

sorry to hear tht:( is this post ii?
Nope this was pre-II R, haven't heard back from the regular MD program yet but doesn't Yale reject everyone at the end of the cycle?

@stressed_out_yikes I was complete August! So a while ago at this point. I'm guessing my app for the regular program was added late in December though after my md/phd R.

II today complete 7/21 515 3.89 URM. Do not lose hope they are still interviewing through February and they are not rolling.

Reactions: 19 users
Did anyone interviewing submit any financial aid information yet? What is the timeline on that (if you know...just thought of this now as I currently ignore classwork).

Did anyone interviewing submit any financial aid information yet? What is the timeline on that (if you know...just thought of this now as I currently ignore classwork).

I remember they strongly recommended submitting in January, but the Yale fin aid form hasn't been made available for this cycle yet. Website said the deadline for new students is Feb 28, but I would submit FAFSA & CSS for Yale now.

Hi everyone!! So on their website it says that invites are sent till February. So maybe there’s still hope

Reactions: 8 users
I remember they strongly recommended submitting in January, but the Yale fin aid form hasn't been made available for this cycle yet. Website said the deadline for new students is Feb 28, but I would submit FAFSA & CSS for Yale now.

FYI to anyone applying for fin aid, I just submitted CSS, and it says the priority filing date for Yale Med is 2/26/2021.

Reactions: 5 users