2019-2020 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted MSTP! So excited, it was one of my top choices!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
WL. Pretty bummed. This was definitely a top choice.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Do you think it's possible to get off the WL before May 1 for Yale? I've seen a couple schools pulling people off the waitlist already (Georgetown, Pitt, Miami, etc.) due to new traffic rules/PTE tool

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think it's possible to get off the WL before May 1 for Yale? I've seen a couple schools pulling people off the waitlist already (Georgetown, Pitt, Miami, etc.) due to new traffic rules/PTE tool

If you think about it from their yield protection point of view, they'll only pull from the WL if another student drops out, right? To me, it seems like it's really dependent on those other students and not really just adcom being like "ok let's pull from the WL today!"

If you think about it from their yield protection point of view, they'll only pull from the WL if another student drops out, right? To me, it seems like it's really dependent on those other students and not really just adcom being like "ok let's pull from the WL today!"
Yeah I know :/ I guess I'm just trying to make myself feel better lol but you're right. Whatever happens, happens

How do anonymous exams actually work at YSM? If you fail an exam there's no penalty or retake?

How do anonymous exams actually work at YSM? If you fail an exam there's no penalty or retake?

I was actually just looking at this last night! Go here and read "First Qualifier". It clarified a lot for me.

Does anyone know the earliest that financial aid will be released? Previous threads make it look like it will be toward the end of the month. I'd already booked another second look on the same weekend Yale does theirs but would cancel it in favor of Yale if I received an affordable financial aid offer in time.

Any current Yale Med students willing to chat with a prospective student?

Any current Yale Med students willing to chat with a prospective student?
Accepted students all get a call from a current student. I got mine yesterday and talked for 45 min! If accepted, yours should be coming soon!

Accepted students all get a call from a current student. I got mine yesterday and talked for 45 min! If accepted, yours should be coming soon!

I got a call as well. Was just wondering if I could get a few different perspectives

Just got my financial aid award so others may get it soon too! I submitted everything February 26th.

Just received the Yale second look goodies, very generous!

Goodies???

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I wasn't able to join the START@Yale zoom session today. For those who participated, did they mention whether the program is likely be cancelled due to the coronavirus situation?

Hey guys, I wasn't able to join the START@Yale zoom session today. For those who participated, did they mention whether the program is likely be cancelled due to the coronavirus situation?
They said they'd make a decision on whether or not to cancel by May 1st, but did not specify how likely they thought that would be. One of the deans did say that there may be remote research opportunities available.

Just got the acceptance call! Based on the conversation I believe they met this morning via Zoom to determine waitlist movement

Reactions: 5 users
I GOT THE CALL

Reactions: 4 users
I got the call today 3:30pm PST ❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else just get a phone call asking if they were committed to enroll elsewhere/still interested??

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I was called with acceptance (on a Saturday) and did not submit a LOI - but I was asked about this and told "most WL candidates submit an update letter to confirm interest" so I think it would help :)
Same!! I got in the day after I got the call about interest, so I guess it’s not totally necessary to get off WL (I hadn’t sent one) but seems encouraged!

I got the call a few days ago!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Same!! I got in the day after I got the call about interest, so I guess it’s not totally necessary to get off WL (I hadn’t sent one) but seems encouraged!

Did they communicate to you about waitlist only by phone or was there also an email???

I have to stay overseas for the covid pandemic and I'm scared I will miss their call. I just emailed them letting them know that but maybe I already missed it?!

• Hmm
Did they give any sense about how close they are to finishing waitlist movement?

Also how many days are you given to respond with your decision to accept offer or not? Just trying to get a sense about the timing of turnover from people possibly declining waitlist offers and them being able to move to offering another person

I've heard their waitlist structure is they put applicants into different groups, not necessarily rank them, and then offer one group and then move to the next. Has anyone else heard this as well?

Did they communicate to you about waitlist only by phone or was there also an email???

I have to stay overseas for the covid pandemic and I'm scared I will miss their call. I just emailed them letting them know that but maybe I already missed it?!
They followed up via email with more info, I’m sure they’d communicate the offer by email if they couldn’t reach you!!

I looked at the 2018-2019 thread, and someone messages on June 5th that he turned down an acceptance. I assume we'll have more acceptance calls coming in.

Does anyone know the reasons for Yale's move over the years from 9->11>13>15? Is it expected to continue to decline? A mentor of mine mentioned it might be the case it will eventually be similar rank as other ivies with a more limited clinical exposure (and how that relates to research funding/PD impressions) such as Dartmouth & Brown?