2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where’s Morris Bart when you need him? #onecall

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just talked to Paulette, tapping out letters as we speak to go out next week. Asked if majority of phone calls went out today and she said “only some did get phone calls today , I didn’t make those calls though.” Letters to be delivered sometime soon? And might say you were accepted even if you didn’t get a phone call today (?). Haha who tf knows...maybe we’ll all be pleasantly surprised this time next week. Hoping for the best for everybody

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know until what time to expect a call? Trying to figure out if there is any hope left...

Just talked to Paulette, tapping out letters as we speak to go out next week. Asked if majority of phone calls went out today and she said “only some did get phone calls today , I didn’t make those calls though.” Letters to be delivered sometime soon? And might say you were accepted even if you didn’t get a phone call today (?). Haha who tf knows...maybe we’ll all be pleasantly surprised this time next week. Hoping for the best for everybody
Typing***

Reactions: 1 user
LMAO so we could still get an acceptance letter even if we’re not called ?

Hey guys! I just got an acceptance *email* from Kimberly so refresh your inboxes!! I wonder why I got emailed and not called?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I just got an acceptance *email* from Kimberly so refresh your inboxes!! I wonder why I got emailed and not called?

Congrats! I guess they're doing things a little differently this year.

Good luck to you all! And congrats to the people getting calls/emails, can’t wait to meet you guys! 💛

Reactions: 1 users
Man, this hurts. I felt pretty confident, my last interviewer told me they'd be seeing me in the future and I was going to do great things. I guess I let that comfort me a little too much. Congrats to everyone who got a call or email today!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Man, this hurts. I felt pretty confident, my last interviewer told me they'd be seeing me in the future and I was going to do great things. I guess I let that comfort me a little too much. Congrats to everyone who got a call or email today!
Mood. This is my second cycle and Eubanks told me to focus on MCAT.. well it jumped up 14 points (511) so what else am I supposed to do😂

• Care
I just want to manage my expectations from here. Without having received a call or email today, the next step is to get a letter in the mail from admissions stating if I’ve been rejected or waitlisted, correct?

Reactions: 2 users
I just want to manage my expectations from here. Without having received a call or email today, the next step is to get a letter in the mail from admissions stating if I’ve been rejected or waitlisted, correct?
that's what I think, but going from what Ms. Paulette told the other person.....who knows :rolleyes:

For the lucky ones who got a call and the random e-mail, congratulations. You were all deserving of a spot. We all are.

Like several of you, I was also once again not called. The thing that really bums me is that this is my third cycle and my MCAT improved to the 75 percentile. It took me a lot of work and many attempts to improve it to that level. I really thought my persistence over the span of years would be more respected. I am disappointed that after 3 consecutive interviews in 3 consecutive cycles (after I followed Eubanks' advice and improved my score) has left me here yet again. When I Interviewed in October and got my much higher MCAT score, I truly thought this year was going to be different. I would love to know the reason this time from Eubanks.

I was right about the calls going out today because I am very familiar with this process here after several cycles. Unfortunately, if you were not called or notified some other way, your chances are not good at this point here. Even if your letter says you're on the prioritized waitlist, other people will have to give up their seats late in the game, and that is no guarantee at all.

For the lucky ones who got a call and the random e-mail, congratulations. You were all deserving of a spot. We all are.

Like several of you, I was also once again not called. The thing that really bums me is that this is my third cycle and my MCAT improved to the 75 percentile. It took me a lot of work and many attempts to improve it to that level. I really thought my persistence over the span of years would be more respected. I am disappointed that after 3 consecutive interviews in 3 consecutive cycles (after I followed Eubanks' advice and improved my score) has left me here yet again. When I Interviewed in October and got my much higher MCAT score, I truly thought this year was going to be different. I would love to know the reason this time from Eubanks.

I was right about the calls going out today because I am very familiar with this process here after several cycles. Unfortunately, if you were not called or notified some other way, your chances are not good at this point here. Even if your letter says you're on the prioritized waitlist, other people will have to give up their seats late in the game, and that is no guarantee at all.
Hey man - appreciate your insight on the application process for LSU. I’m in a similar position as you. This is my third application cycle to LSU and second interview. What do we do now? Meet with Eubanks with the intention of applying next year? I apologize for the late message, I’m a little despondent and unsure of what the appropriate next move is?
I’m also super pissed and enraged at this bull**** pony show that is the application process.

Reactions: 4 users

Very much am in agreement with you and phatomtollbooth. I, too, was comforted by some overtly promising things said in the interview and now it looks like this crapshoot of a process was the real winner. We are all qualified and what Eubanks, Walsh, McLean, and whoever else reiterated this to you in the interview, they meant it and it is true.

Very much am in agreement with you and phatomtollbooth. I, too, was comforted by some overtly promising things said in the interview and now it looks like this crapshoot of a process was the real winner. We are all qualified and what Eubanks, Walsh, McLean, and whoever else reiterated this to you in the interview, they meant it and it is true.
It is a real bummer, as this was my second cycle, and second time going through interviews. It looks like we will have to go through the process yet again. With that being said, we should hold our head up high and keep moving forward, keep getting better. It is another year to improve and prepare for med school. They are just testing our resolve and determination, trying to see if we have the fortitude to stick to our goals or if we will get discouraged and quit. Don't quit. Use this year to your advantage so that when we do finally get in, we are the best damn students they've ever had. Prove them wrong, and get after it.

Hey y’all, I am curious, for those of us that get on the WL this week, what kind of movement can we expect? Historically do many people get in off the WL? Thanks!

Hey y’all, I am curious, for those of us that get on the WL this week, what kind of movement can we expect? Historically do many people get in off the WL? Thanks!
My friend said a few of her classmates had gotten in June but I don’t know how applicable that would be to our cycle

My friend said a few of her classmates had gotten in June but I don’t know how applicable that would be to our cycle
Very true, this cycle is definitely a wild card

Guessing letters go out tomorrow. Wonder if any A’s will be sent out
I honestly think there might be bc the FB page only has 169 members with 7 of those being added in the last week. Considering the previous year's page had 210 members and the class was 198-200 students in size, so roughly ~10 people in the groups were older students/ admin, I'm guessing more students will be accepted. Also, AMCAS requires schools give students at least 5 business days to either formally accept or reject the school's offer at which point the student will "plan to enroll". However, that doesn't commit students to attending... it just means they will lose their deposit if they end up accepting a different school's offer. Students don't have to "commit to enroll" until July 1st. Long story short, there will definitely still be movement as students who are waitlisted at other institutions begin to gain and accept their acceptances.

For those of you who have retaken the MCAT and improved a lot, do you have any tips? What prep courses did you use? How did you study the second, third or fourth time? Any insight is much appreciated! Thank you in advance :)

For those of you who have retaken the MCAT and improved a lot, do you have any tips? What prep courses did you use? How did you study the second, third or fourth time? Any insight is much appreciated! Thank you in advance :)
reddit is your friend. take as many practice tests as possible and keep a journal for your practice tests where you write down the questions you got wrong and what you need to do to avoid getting it wrong again. do the khan academy practice questions whenever you have time to kill. personally courses didn’t work for me and I improved once I carefully weighed out different tips from forums and made my own plan that I knew would work for me. dont stray away from study strategies that you know work for you.

reddit is your friend. take as many practice tests as possible and keep a journal for your practice tests where you write down the questions you got wrong and what you need to do to avoid getting it wrong again. do the khan academy practice questions whenever you have time to kill. personally courses didn’t work for me and I improved once I carefully weighed out different tips from forums and made my own plan that I knew would work for me. dont stray away from study strategies that you know work for you.
Thank you so so much!

I am seriously surprised our letters aren’t here yet. I just checked informed delivery too and don’t see them.

I honestly think there might be bc the FB page only has 169 members with 7 of those being added in the last week. Considering the previous year's page had 210 members and the class was 198-200 students in size, so roughly ~10 people in the groups were older students/ admin, I'm guessing more students will be accepted. Also, AMCAS requires schools give students at least 5 business days to either formally accept or reject the school's offer at which point the student will "plan to enroll". However, that doesn't commit students to attending... it just means they will lose their deposit if they end up accepting a different school's offer. Students don't have to "commit to enroll" until July 1st. Long story short, there will definitely still be movement as students who are waitlisted at other institutions begin to gain and accept their acceptances.
honestly like what is going on this cycle .... so confused

I hope it's not another one of those moments when the NFAs or R's go out the day before the acceptances again. I hope by tomorrow or Friday. I need closure damnit, lol

I hope it's not another one of those moments when the NFAs or R's go out the day before the acceptances again. I hope by tomorrow or Friday. I need closure damnit, lol
Theoretically, if this was like years past, no A letters should be going out, just Rs and prioritized waitlist letters, right? Trying to keep my expectations suuuuper low

If you were taken off the waitlist, you should have been notified within 24 hrs, correct?

If you were taken off the waitlist, you should have been notified within 24 hrs, correct?
According to AAMC, "From May 1 to the first day of class, notify AMCAS of all admissions actions within 24 hours..." These are under recommended guidelines for schools, so I don't think it's required per se.

Ms. Paulette just informed me that "letters went out today..." so I wouldn't expect them for a few days, especially with the gas shortages in the SE.

My daily informed delivery says I have a letter postmarked 5/11 from LSU Nola. I'll be camped out by the mailbox if anyone needs me lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
My letter is coming today, too. Trying to prepare for the anguish.

Oof mine is too and it’s the same amount of postage as my first letter so I’m guessing it’s one page. Hoping for the best 😭😭😭

• Care