2020-2021 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got one coming too. Whewwww, $.39 postage.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From NOLA. Would be really nice to be able to stay with family during school and save on costs a little bit. I don't think they consider this a factor that much however.
Maybe not from New Orleans specifically, but in-state applicants are definitely favored. Only ~8% of last year's class was made up of out-of-state applicants despite having over 2500 OOS applications submitted compared to ~745 in state applications submitted.

Opened mine. I’m on the prioritized waitlist. Anyone know how long that list is? I’m not expecting anything from it but at least it means they like me a lot? So hopefully next year after strengthening my app I’ll get in

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here have an acceptance from Tulane and waiting to drop?

Reactions: 2 users
Opened mine. I’m on the prioritized waitlist. Anyone know how long that list is? I’m not expecting anything from it but at least it means they like me a lot? So hopefully next year after strengthening my app I’ll get in
What stats are you working with?

I got rejected after 3 cycles, a 509 MCAT, and a 3.95 GPA. I took the MCAT 4 times too. I have sacrificed a lot of time to keep trying, my father is a physician who went to this school, I live in Louisiana, and all of this feels like such a slap in the face. Good luck to everyone else who got accepted or waitlisted.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
I got rejected after 3 cycles, a 509 MCAT, and a 3.95 GPA. I took the MCAT 4 times too. I have sacrificed a lot of time to keep trying, my father is a physician who went to this school, I live in Louisiana, and all of this feels like such a slap in the face. Good luck to everyone else who got accepted or waitlisted.
Same, big fat R. I'm angry. I've done so much but it fells like they dont care.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Did you apply to schools outside of Louisiana?

Received my letter, placed on the priority alternate list!

Le rejet. :(

Gonna watch Heavyweights, drink some beer, and start prepping my app for next year. I've also started an app for Tulane's 1-year MS program... anybody else choose that track? If so, is it worth applying so late for it?

Reactions: 1 users

Gonna watch Heavyweights, drink some beer, and start prepping my app for next year. I've also started an app for Tulane's 1-year MS program... anybody else choose that track? If so, is it worth applying so late for it?

I just finished Tulane’s 1 year MS program in Biochemistry and I loved it. The biochemistry department allows you to take the same biochem courses as the med students so you can get used to the workload and learn how to study. I found it very useful! I applied late as well last year (around June/July). Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions!

I did Tulane's MS in Molecular Medicine program a few years back. I was really well prepared for my first year course in Cell Bio/Histology. And it gave me shadowing hours in specialites beyond primary care and the opportunity to do research.

Anyone heard of any waitlist movement lately?

Just checking back in on here and I'm so sorry for those of y'all who they didnt take this year. I know this may not mean much coming from someone who was accepted but I promise this process means absolutely nothing about your ability or worth as a person or future medical professional. There's time if you want to reapply, I applied to 25 schools this year and only got into my 2 in-state options (LSU Nola and Shreveport). Did the Tulane masters program but they didnt think I was good enough for their med school I guess lol. It's horrible that we all have to go through this just to have the chance to provide people with healthcare, but one way or another we'll all end up where we're supposed to be. As my dad used to say before he passed, sometimes the best way to win is to outlast the b@stards.

Reactions: 4 users
I am on the waitlist and a letter just posted for my informed delivery. Has anyone received anything recently via mail? Do they typically send a letter when a class is full?

I am on the waitlist and a letter just posted for my informed delivery. Has anyone received anything recently via mail? Do they typically send a letter when a class is full?
I got the same notification this morning. I’m assuming it’s a “sorry we’re full, try again” letter

I got the same notification this morning. I’m assuming it’s a “sorry we’re full, try again” letter
Let us know what happens- when is the CTE date?

Let us know what happens- when is the CTE date?
It basically said that their application cycle for this year is closed and that I should ”improve your application for the upcoming year” lol

• Care
It basically said that their application cycle for this year is closed and that I should ”improve your application for the upcoming year” lol
Sorry to hear that- man this last cycle wass crap- here we go again