2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay...so it is done for now?
yeah, I think it’s probably safe for now to slow down the page/email refreshing. But, they said they will still be updating through next week.

and last year they reranked so fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah, I think it’s probably safe for now to slow down the page/email refreshing. But, they said they will still be updating through next week.

and last year they reranked so fingers crossed
Ah man. That is a shame. Well, I’m just hoping I’m close then to the Top 30...

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand how anyone could accidentally send multiple people an email that they are in the top 10 that aren’t even in the top 30 (like me?)? Not sure whether to laugh or cry right now

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Am I the only one who doesn’t understand how anyone could accidentally send multiple people an email that they are in the top 10 that aren’t even in the top 30 (like me?)? Not sure whether to laugh or cry right now
when I called them they said a glitch in the system was working it’s way to send that email to everyone on the waitlist

I was also one that received the top 10 email then heard crickets today... pretty crushing to say the least. Still holding out hope for us. @welpjustsendit thank you for calling! Really appreciate the insight.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed just for clarification. Basically ignore the top 10 email. It was wrong. All the top 30 emails are sent today, they are seeing who will stay on the list. Very disappointing that a glitch raised so many hopes to have them dashed. Congrats to those who made it today. Condolences to the rest. I will not withdraw my place on the super long shot of acceptance, but am facing the reality that PNWU will probably not accept me given that I did not make top 30.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I emailed just for clarification. Basically ignore the top 10 email. It was wrong. All the top 30 emails are sent today, they are seeing who will stay on the list. Very disappointing that a glitch raised so many hopes to have them dashed. Congrats to those who made it today. Condolences to the rest. I will not withdraw my place on the super long shot of acceptance, but am facing the reality that PNWU will probably not accept me given that I did not make top 30.

Who knows though. It seems that the waitlist adjusts itself a lot with this school, looking at the past threads.

Who knows though. It seems that the waitlist adjusts itself a lot with this school, looking at the past threads.
I feel like this year is so far removed from routine... it's nearly impossible to rely on what happened in previous years. Ugh. This is painful... I know I'm not the only one who feels it. You guys have been such an encouragement through all of this, glad we are in it together. I hope we all get to be classmates. 🙏

I feel like this year is so far removed from routine... it's nearly impossible to rely on what happened in previous years. Ugh. This is painful... I know I'm not the only one who feels it. You guys have been such an encouragement through all of this, glad we are in it together. I hope we all get to be classmates. 🙏
I hope so too. The folks on this thread are fire-forged.

I hope to make it in - sooner than later, of course...but I know I can’t be picky due to my record.

Random question: If you’re not ranked by the end of this week (Ms. Hunter thinks it is highly likely the waitlist is going to shift due to people dropping), is it pretty much over for the school?

Random question: If you’re not ranked by the end of this week (Ms. Hunter thinks it is highly likely the waitlist is going to shift due to people dropping), is it pretty much over for the school?
I would say likely not. It is not impossible, but very improbable

Just got accepted to WSU! So I’ll be withdrawing my A. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear any updates on the top 30 today?
Nothing here so far. Hoping for good news before the end of the week.

+1 but I kinda had a feeling it might be later in the week.
Yeah. Ms. Hunter does think people are going to drop off the list though, so it will be adjusted.

I wonder how many people are on the WL in the first place. I know there were post-II Rs in the latter interviews, so that means not everybody gets added to the list.

Some past threads said 100 folks, though that doesn’t seem to be a solid fact.

Anybody heard anything else yet?

Not yet. It's nerve-wracking, especially since there was barely a peep from the prior rounds last week.

The WL seems to be kind of mercurial as well, depending on the year: While last year had droves of people get off the wait-list, including some initially unranked folks, the year before that was more of a trickle.

Sigh.

To give you an idea of the WL movement (or lack thereof), I was ranked top 10 and still haven't received the call. I will update you guys when I do! I'm hoping for tomorrow

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
To give you an idea of the WL movement (or lack thereof), I was ranked top 10 and still haven't received the call. I will update you guys when I do! I'm hoping for tomorrow
Hm, wonder what that means? If they are batching it or there just literally hasn't been any movement. But I feel like that is hard to believe based on past trends but idk

Hm, wonder what that means? If they are batching it or there just literally hasn't been any movement. But I feel like that is hard to believe based on past trends but idk

Has anybody been pulled off of the WL prior to the ranking with Pacific Northwest? They seem to hold it back till they firmly rank.

...but I don't really know for a fact.

Has anybody been pulled off of the WL prior to the ranking with Pacific Northwest? They seem to hold it back till they firmly rank.

...but I don't really know for a fact.
I bet they are waiting for things to settle down. I know of a couple people, that like me, withdrew just within the past couple of days. I bet after the dust has settled on MD waitlists they will have a better idea of how many people to pull off the waitlist and Pnwu.

That's true. DO deadlines are not until May 15th so I'm not even sure why they would email the ranking before knowing the number of slots open.

I bet they are waiting for things to settle down. I know of a couple people, that like me, withdrew just within the past couple of days. I bet after the dust has settled on MD waitlists they will have a better idea of how many people to pull off the waitlist and Pnwu.

Makes sense. They'll let the withdrawals flow and then they'll firmly rank everybody tomorrow. From there, they'll start sending invitations, taking in acceptances and accepting the rejections.

Last edited:
Makes sense. They'll let the withdrawals flow and then they'll firmly rank everybody tomorrow. From there, they'll start sending invitations, taking in acceptances and accepting the rejections.
Fingers crossed for everyone. Definitely have been appreciative of the people on this thread 😂

• Care
Got the email. I'm unranked.

Oh well...I think it is kind of over at this point. I mean...is it?

It seems like it at this point, though there have been folks plucked off the unranked WL before in past threads.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Also unranked. I don’t understand how... my interview went great. My feedback session was great. Sent LOI. Applied to their masters program and was accepted...

Just such a rough cycle. Bummed.

• Care
+1. Unranked here. Effff. Not even sure how to feel at this point.

• Care
Also unranked. I don’t understand how... my interview went great. My feedback session was great. Sent LOI. Applied to their masters program and was accepted...

Just such a rough cycle. Bummed.
Can you say a little more about the masters program application? How long did it take to hear back and what steps where there as a DO applicant?

Also unranked. :/ interview went awesome, in state, LOI. Well hopefully there is a lot of movement?

• Care
Also unranked, but enrolled in the MAMS program already anyway... So hopefully will be seeing you guys in August !

Last edited:
  • Care
Got the unranked mail today. I am treating it as a rejection. I am one of the lucky few who had another acceptance elsewhere, but looks like I need to be planning on uprooting my life and moving in a few months.
Its been a ride this cycle....

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Also unranked.. anyone notice the email referred to the 2019-2020 cycle? Maybe they just haven't caught up from last year... lol. Jokes aside, I'm very surprised no one else has posted that they ranked apart from the 2 last week. This just seems odd. I'm also from the PNW and felt my interview and feedback meeting went great, also sent a LOI. What a roller coaster.

• Care
Also unranked.. anyone notice the email referred to the 2019-2020 cycle? Maybe they just haven't caught up from last year... lol. Jokes aside, I'm very surprised no one else has posted that they ranked apart from the 2 last week. This just seems odd. I'm also from the PNW and felt my interview and feedback meeting went great, also sent a LOI. What a roller coaster.
Yeah. Maybe most people that interviewed at the school aren’t on SDN?

Yeah. Maybe most people that interviewed at the school aren’t on SDN?
Maybe! That would be a huge deviation from past years but certainly possible. We still technically have 3 months, so there's still a chance. I just wonder if maybe they overfilled the seats and more people committed than they expected... they could be waiting until the 15th for a better idea of who is staying.

Maybe! That would be a huge deviation from past years but certainly possible. We still technically have 3 months, so there's still a chance. I just wonder if maybe they overfilled the seats and more people committed than they expected.
God...I hope not. That means we’re all shot, for the most part. More people committing doesn’t bode well.

Of course, students have to commit to one school in about a week, so that could open spots...

God...I hope not. That means we’re all shot, for the most part. More people committing doesn’t bode well.

Of course, students have to commit to one school in about a week, so that could open spots...
Agree... fingers crossed for all of us that lots and LOTS of seats open up in the next week.

Agree... fingers crossed for all of us that lots and LOTS of seats open up in the next week.

Yeah. I have no idea where I fall on the list: I could be the next one below 30...or at the bottom of the list.

I wish the best for all of us here on this forum.

What is the feedback meeting? I’ve seen someone else post about that too.

What is the feedback meeting? I’ve seen someone else post about that too.
The meeting I'm referring to is a follow-up phone call with Ashley Baughman, a PNWU admission counselor. After I was waitlisted in early March I set up an appointment with her to go over my application/interview. She provided feedback to strengthen my application prior to ranking. Others may be referring to different meetings... but this was my experience. She said she was always available if anyone had questions or wanted feedback. I plan to schedule another meeting with her prior to reapplying if I don't get in. Hope this is what you're looking for.

• Care
The meeting I'm referring to is a follow-up phone call with Ashley Baughman, a PNWU admission counselor. After I was waitlisted in early March I set up an appointment with her to go over my application/interview. She provided feedback to strengthen my application prior to ranking. Others may be referring to different meetings... but this was my experience. She said she was always available if anyone had questions or wanted feedback. I plan to schedule another meeting with her prior to reapplying if I don't get in. Hope this is what you're looking for.
This is so nice. I didn’t know they would actually do that. Thanks for sharing this. This would be so helpful for anyone reapplying.

This is so nice. I didn’t know they would actually do that. Thanks for sharing this. This would be so helpful for anyone reapplying.
NP and I agree! It was very helpful for me, she's wonderful. She won't give specifics but will offer general suggestions to strengthen your application like more clinical experience, low MCAT/gpa, more community service, etc. I don't know if it would be of any benefit this cycle since we've already been ranked (or not)... might be worth a try, but yes would definitely be a help to anyone reapplying.

Got the unranked email a few days ago but I will be withdrawing. I wish all of you the best of luck, this was a rough year.

• Care
I work in IT and that's no glitch to send those ranked emails out like that, someone accidentally pressed the send button. I didn't really like the 20 minute group session where everyone was always interrupting each other just to talk too. Am I the only one that stopped liking the school after all of this?

The WL is moving! I got the call this morning! Fingers crossed for everyone

• Love
The WL is moving! I got the call this morning! Fingers crossed for everyone
Congrats! You were Top 10, right?

Just for record’s sake, did you know where in the Top 10 you were in?

It is kind of nice to see that the list is moving before the big exodus.

Last edited:
Congrats! You were Top 10, right?

Just for record’s sake, did you know where in the Top 10 you were in?

It is kind of nice to see that the list is moving before the big exodus.
Yes I was top 10!
LeAnn told me that I was the first person they called. I'm hoping this means the floodgates are opened! Fingers crossed for everyone

Yes I was top 10!
LeAnn told me that I was the first person they called. I'm hoping this means the floodgates are opened! Fingers crossed for everyone
Oh! So you were No. 1.
Congrats!

Oh! So you were No. 1.
Congrats!
Thanks!
I think I was No. 1 overall, but it's possible she meant I was the first person they called today. Either way, I hope everyone else starts moving up the list!