2020-2021 Texas Tech, El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who matched!
To those who haven't and are waitlisted, there is quite a bit of movement at the school from what I remember, so hang tight.

If anyone needs any help feel free to shoot me a message. You've 3 or 4 months of freedom - enjoy it!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got waitlisted today but still super grateful! Praying for everyone in the same situation - may we all hear some good news soon!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Matched!! Super excited!! Has a Facebook or group chat been made yet?

Reactions: 3 users
The msar says 8-10 wl, and they accept 8. So how true is this? Wondering because I got waitlisted today..

blessed to finally get that A!! is there some type of group me out there or fb page? excited to meet all of ya'll irl soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who matched!
To those who haven't and are waitlisted, there is quite a bit of movement at the school from what I remember, so hang tight.

If anyone needs any help feel free to shoot me a message. You've 3 or 4 months of freedom - enjoy it!
What do you mean by movement?

hi! Are there any current students that I could message regarding my acceptance and my current program of study? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I am really grateful for my acceptance! I just wanted to really understand the process if someone can help me out. I know that I have to go and accept the offer in the portal. However, is the nonrefundable fee nonbinding or binding? if I accept the offer and pay the fee, can I still wait for another school before April 30?

Reactions: 1 user
I am really grateful for my acceptance! I just wanted to really understand the process if someone can help me out. I know that I have to go and accept the offer in the portal. However, is the nonrefundable fee nonbinding or binding? if I accept the offer and pay the fee, can I still wait for another school before April 30?
I was under the impression we could accept the offer and have our seat. Then the fee is due by May. So I could wait to pay the fee to see if another school opens up before the fee deadline? Someone correct me if I’m wrong please! :)

blessed to finally get that A!! is there some type of group me out there or fb page? excited to meet all of ya'll irl soon!
+1! Has anyone been added to any group me / FB page?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Had a February interview here and ended up matching. I still can’t believe it, really looking forward to meeting y’all soon 🥺

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
PLFSOM MS1 here. Congrats to those who were accepted! After you accept the offer/deposit, you'll be added to the Facebook group around early April. Make sure your Facebook email matches the one you gave admissions. Anyone here is free to start a GroupMe - use specific info from the orientation packet as a filter. The combined MS1-MS2 GroupMe will start closer to Immersion. In the meantime, spend time with your family and friends. You'll have plenty of time to get to know everyone in the class.

For those on the waiting list, hang in there! As others have said, there's a lot of movement.

To those who didn't match this cycle, many students in our class applied 2-3x. Unfortunately it's common, and it doesn't mean you're not a great candidate. Keep building your app and enjoy another year of freedom and personal growth before the hardest time in your time. Every year post bacc will make you a better and more resilient physician.

Reactions: 8 users
PLFSOM MS1 here. Congrats to those who were accepted! After you accept the offer/deposit, you'll be added to the Facebook group around early April. Make sure your Facebook email matches the one you gave admissions. Anyone here is free to start a GroupMe - use specific info from the orientation packet as a filter. The combined MS1-MS2 GroupMe will start closer to Immersion. In the meantime, spend time with your family and friends. You'll have plenty of time to get to know everyone in the class.

For those on the waiting list, hang in there! As others have said, there's a lot of movement.

To those who didn't match this cycle, many students in our class applied 2-3x. Unfortunately it's common, and it doesn't mean you're not a great candidate. Keep building your app and enjoy another year of freedom and personal growth before the hardest time in your time. Every year post bacc will make you a better and more resilient physician.
Hi! Can I message you with a question I have about the acceptance terms?

I'm creating a Group Me for our class! PM me if you want to be added. Excited to meet you all :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Matched!! :) Any accepted students or current students have any advice? Super nervous to move 10 hours away haha

Matched!! :) Any accepted students or current students have any advice? Super nervous to move 10 hours away haha

-Make a packing list. Be sure to be mindful of weather as well. Winters can get cold, summers will get hot.
-Make sure your car is up to date. The last thing you want to happen is needing to pull over in the middle of nowhere because your tires decided it was their time to go.
-Hang tight with regards to finding a place to live. The current MS1 leadership should be sending out a ton of info about the most common places in the area that students live at.
-Get a credit card that gives loads of points for flights (Not specifically for going home - moreso to save up for away rotations/residency interviews in the surprisingly close future!)

Most of all: Relax. Enjoy your months of freedom. Read. Learn to cook. Lift. Run. Learn about Anki if you want. The orientation/immersion period is pretty light in terms of workload, so you have a month to figure out a light schedule.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know where to send transcripts? I know it says to the PLFSOM Office of Admissions but I couldn't find it on Parchment.

I’ve been trying to contact the office of admissions since Friday with no success. Anyone have any tips?

-Make a packing list. Be sure to be mindful of weather as well. Winters can get cold, summers will get hot.
-Make sure your car is up to date. The last thing you want to happen is needing to pull over in the middle of nowhere because your tires decided it was their time to go.
-Hang tight with regards to finding a place to live. The current MS1 leadership should be sending out a ton of info about the most common places in the area that students live at.
-Get a credit card that gives loads of points for flights (Not specifically for going home - moreso to save up for away rotations/residency interviews in the surprisingly close future!)

Most of all: Relax. Enjoy your months of freedom. Read. Learn to cook. Lift. Run. Learn about Anki if you want. The orientation/immersion period is pretty light in terms of workload, so you have a month to figure out a light schedule.
when does the school start. or when should I be in El Paso approximately? I am planning a vacation :)

when does the school start. or when should I be in El Paso approximately? I am planning a vacation :)
You should get an email/letter giving you details of when Immersion begins. Started for me on July 1st - not sure when it started for this year's MS1's.
@ankineutral ?

Anyone know where to send transcripts? I know it says to the PLFSOM Office of Admissions but I couldn't find it on Parchment.
I couldn’t either. I manually added this address I found on the school’s website:
Registrar’s Office
Medical Education Building
Room 1210
5001 El Paso Drive
El Paso, TX 79905

915-215-4370

• Love
Do they really charge $40 for application feedback? I went to the think on their website to register for the feedback webinar and it is trying to charge me $40.

1615317229180.png

Do they really charge $40 for application feedback? I went to the think on their website to register for the feedback webinar and it is trying to charge me $40.

View attachment 332106
It’s a half day workshop including individual app review

I was told today that you'll have the orientation packet in the next few weeks which should have official dates, but as Aurarice and OBGYNKenoby said, it's usually Tuesday or Wednesday before July 4th and then you get a little holiday.

Also, the academic calendar wasn't accurate for our class this year. It's probably right about Immersion, but go by the orientation packet or syllabus for the rest of the year.

I couldn’t either. I manually added this address I found on the school’s website:
Registrar’s Office
Room 1210
5001 El Paso Drive
El Paso, TX 79905

915-215-4370
Thank you!! :)

I had the exact same question and they finally emailed me back. They said to email it to [email protected] !
For the transcripts, they told me the following:

"If you have completed all your degrees and aren’t taking any classes you don’t need to send them to us, we will receive them from TMDSAS. But if you are still waiting on this semester to end, you will need to send your final transcript to us."

Registrar’s Office
Room 1210
5001 El Paso Drive
El Paso, TX 79905

915-215-4370

They told me this:

"If you have completed all your degrees and aren’t taking any classes you don’t need to send them to us, we will receive them from TMDSAS. But if you are still waiting on this semester to end, you will need to send your final transcript to us."

Has anyone received an email about the STARS Scholarship Fund? I'm a bit confused about the personal statement submission and can't find the prompt.

Has anyone received an email about the STARS Scholarship Fund? I'm a bit confused about the personal statement submission and can't find the prompt.
There are some instructions here: Personal Statement – Stars Scholarship Fund

The prompt is in the first paragraph on that website above. It's very vague, so I just used the personal statement as a brief explanation of what I'm going to do with the scholarship, what my accomplishments are, and my future plans. I used the outline they have but made it fit somewhat chronologically. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
  • Love
Hi everyone! Was wondering if there's a FB page for the class? Also, is there going to be a second look event?

Hi everyone! Was wondering if there's a FB page for the class? Also, is there going to be a second look event?
There is a Facebook page managed by the first-year student leadership. Everyone will be added soon, probably the first week of April. Make sure your Facebook email matches the one you gave admissions.

How do you apply for application feedback? I already created my account but cant find any event.
@PangaSubsay I'm sorry, this was a one-time application workshop that already took place earlier in March.

I suggest you watch TMDSAS or THES twitter, web page, or Facebook pages for announcements on more workshops coming up.