2022-2023 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS alternate list just now.
OOS alternate over here as well. I looked at MSAR waitlist positions and it said 8-10 spots with 8 acceptances.

Anyone know how accurate this reporting is?

Reactions: 1 user
OOS alternate over here as well. I looked at MSAR waitlist positions and it said 8-10 spots with 8 acceptances.

Anyone know how accurate this reporting is?
They are not specific to OOS. OOS is admissions in Texas are usually limited to 10% of the overall class.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are not specific to OOS. OOS is admissions in Texas are usually limited to 10% of the overall class.
So would that essentially mean that, from the 8-10 waitlist spots, only about one to come off of it would be from OOS, statistically speaking?

Or are there 8-10 people that usually get added to the waitlist, including IS and OOS applicants? In this case, most added to the waitlist (even if they are OOS), would eventually be accepted.

So would that essentially mean that, from the 8-10 waitlist spots, only about one to come off of it would be from OOS, statistically speaking?

Or are there 8-10 people that usually get added to the waitlist, including IS and OOS applicants? In this case, most added to the waitlist (even if they are OOS), would eventually be accepted.
The AAMC is stating that typically 8-10 are put waitlist and I want to dispute that number since it looks several who just posted saying they are on waitlist are all OOS.

People coming off the waitlist are listed as a total of 8. I cant imagine every single person is OOS.

The class size is 124, 9 people are OOS although they are allowed 12.

TX schools will only replace one OOS with another OOS and so for anyone waiting on the waitlist, please be aware another OOS person has to give up their admission. The OOS waitlist applies only to OOS positions.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone tried asking the admissions office about their position on the alternate list?

What’s the difference between a prelim year and a transitional year?
I just copied it as I saw it from their Match Day slide show.
In essence they are the same, but I would hazard a guess that those which say "Transitional year" had tried to match into a specialty that requires a transitional year (like ophthalmology or radiology) but matched only the transitional part but not the specialty residency.
The "preliminary year" guys may have failed to match and got something (for 1 year at least) in the SOAP round.

I am IS and will be giving up my spot here as I was just accepted off waitlist to my top choice. Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from TT El Paso! Good luck Class of 2027!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance from here yesterday, best of luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!

Does anyone know if PLFSOM gives instate tuition as a norm to OOS students?

Does anyone know if PLFSOM gives instate tuition as a norm to OOS students?
I emailed the admissions office asking about that because I forgot if that was the case or not. I still haven’t heard back yet

I emailed the admissions office asking about that because I forgot if that was the case or not. I still haven’t heard back yet
Even if they don't offer you a tuition discount of being able to pay IS tuition, the OOS tuition here is $36,435 - still quite affordable compared to AMCAS schools.

Even if they don't offer you a tuition discount of being able to pay IS tuition, the OOS tuition here is $36,435 - still quite affordable compared to AMCAS schools.
That’s true, but their OOS tuition compared to my state school IS tuition is very similar, so I’m looking to see if tech can provide a financial edge.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance as OOS. My IS school (surprisingly) offered a better deal that was hard to refuse.

Just got off the waitlist here! I’m OOS. Super pumped!

• Wow
Chose to withdraw my OOS acceptance here, hopefully one of you still waiting will get some good news next week!

Super excited to say I got off the waitlist earlier this week, IS!!

Reactions: 2 users
just got off the waitlist!!! I’m an IS student, so excited :)

Reactions: 4 users