2022-2023 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone receive an acceptance who did not attend or sign up for a campus tour beforehand? I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to afford the cost of a hotel, flight, and time off work for such a short visit, but I'm wondering if not signing up for these tours makes the school think I'm not interested.
i did not sign up for a campus tour before hand, because of the same reasons.

Members don't see this ad.

Got the pre-match yesterday on the portal but still no email 😕

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still no email, but the prematch offer appeared on my TMDSAS account under "Pre-Match Offer Withdrawal" :shrug: I'll take it, but a little odd!

Still no email, but the prematch offer appeared on my TMDSAS account under "Pre-Match Offer Withdrawal" :shrug: I'll take it, but a little odd!
Same!
I actually went ahead and accepted the pre-match on the portal. I wonder if I'll still get the personalized email.
I kinda wonder if it's going alphabetical order or something? Or if someone had a couple days off?

Same!
I actually went ahead and accepted the pre-match on the portal. I wonder if I'll still get the personalized email.
I kinda wonder if it's going alphabetical order or something? Or if someone had a couple days off?
Or a touch of writer's block? Nice that they make the email more than just a form letter

Reactions: 1 user
Or a touch of writer's block? Nice that they make the email more than just a form letter
yeah they pulled some very specific stuff from my essays to include in there, they definitely took a personal approach

Reactions: 1 users
So I can still prematch/match to another school after accepting the position offered at this school?
Yes that is correct. In February you will rank all the schools that interviewed you, whether you have a prematch offer at them or not. A prematch is your assurance you are going somewhere next year

Interviewed a few weeks ago and haven’t been invited to tour yet? Has anyone else received one?

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea if I am crazy, but I have not gotten an email nor do I see anything in my portal. However, I have the option to withdraw from a pre-match offer from El Paso. Has this happened to anyone else? Want to make sure I'm not crazy before thinking I'll be an MD for sure!

No idea if I am crazy, but I have not gotten an email nor do I see anything in my portal. However, I have the option to withdraw from a pre-match offer from El Paso. Has this happened to anyone else? Want to make sure I'm not crazy before thinking I'll be an MD for sure!
Once I accepted the offer on the portal, I couldn’t see the “Offer” tab anymore.

Once I accepted the offer on the portal, I couldn’t see the “Offer” tab anymore.
Interesting, I did not accept any offer, nor do I see an "Offer tab" in the portal. I think I will wait?? And maybe call later, sounds like people are getting emails a little after seeing an offer in their portal.

Did you ever get an email? I haven't.

I still haven't received the email. Plus, I never accepted the offer (I called the office and they said wait until I recieve the email, and they did verify my acceptance), but it still says I can withdraw on TMDSAS. Has anyone else's offer tab disappeared?

I still haven't received the email. Plus, I never accepted the offer (I called the office and they said wait until I recieve the email, and they did verify my acceptance), but it still says I can withdraw on TMDSAS. Has anyone else's offer tab disappeared?
Me too! It disappeared from mine too, but I see it in TMDSAS.

Has anyone contacted them about getting the email?
I called this morning. The admissions woman said that I was indeed pre-matched and that for some reason the emails are taking longer than usual to go out. If you don't receive one by the end of the week to give them a call. Although honestly I wonder if we all called it might help speed things along...squeaky wheel and all that.

I called this morning. The admissions woman said that I was indeed pre-matched and that for some reason the emails are taking longer than usual to go out. If you don't receive one by the end of the week to give them a call. Although honestly I wonder if we all called it might help speed things along...squeaky wheel and all that.
Thank you! Yeah, I got the transcript email from tmdsas and see it in tmdsas but I got confused this weekend when the offer tab disappeared :(

or answering the phone pulls them away from writing your emails!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Manifesting and I feel like we may hear some more pre matches tommorow hope everyone is hanging in there this cycle, just interviewed here and fell in love with the campus.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone seen anything new on their portals today for possible pre matches?

If it does show up it would be on our TTU El Paso portal first right?

Just got the A email today! OOS :) Interviewed 10/13... literally 12 days ago

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got the A email today! OOS :) Interviewed 10/13... literally 12 days ago
Congrats Future doc!! that gives me hope that maybe some of us 10/20 peeps might hear next Tuesday 🤞

Congratulations from another OOS accepted student! We beat the stacked odds!!!
Not sure if I believe you beat the odds with 16 II overall. Or maybe its the jealousy. Either way you are a legend!

• Haha
Not sure if I believe you beat the odds with 16 II overall. Or maybe its the jealousy. Either way you are a legend!
I think they meant the odds of an OOS applicant getting into a Texas school.
But those great stats students are usually the ones who do beat the Texas odds.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope not, I just find it really perplexing that it's been >1 week since I prematched via portal and still no email.
I think It’s just a busy time during admissions season Ik ur gonna hear back soon and ur acceptance is confirmed! I would just wait it out also the emails are personalized so that’s an extra factor as well.

Got an email from the school about my acceptance yesterday after having only the TMDSAS Pre-Match Withdrawal option! I also now have the offer tab in the portal.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my Prematch offer here now that I got an offer to one of my dream schools. Foster is an awesome school and I am thankful for the opportunity they gave me. I hope one of y'all gets an offer now. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Withdrew my Prematch offer here now that I got an offer to one of my dream schools. Foster is an awesome school and I am thankful for the opportunity they gave me. I hope one of y'all gets an offer now. Best of luck everyone!
You've had some serious success so far! Which way you leaning?

I got the prematch email today!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users