2022-2023 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today but the only open interview is 2/9

What is the best course of action, it was the only open one, so I assume I won’t be able to pre-match

I’m thinking of contact the school

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

What is the best course of action, it was the only open one, so I assume I won’t be able to pre-match

Your deadline to rank all schools is Feb 17 so you can absolutely match during the regular match.
Prematch offer window ends Jan 31.
Remember it’s not common to get a prematch, only 1 out of 7 interviewees gets one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

You could contact them to see if the January 26th spot opens up. Either way, I doubt a pre-match offer would be made for people interviewing during these times because the January interview date is so close to the pre-match deadline and February is obviously past it. The committee has to meet and review their interviewees and I highly doubt they'll get that done in 5 days for the January interviewees.

At worst we probably will have to wait until Match day to know if we are accepted to this school compared to those that interviewed in December and had the chance of pre-matching like @wysdoc mentioned.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any interview advice for this school? Is it traditional?

Anyone who has interviewed recently, did they mention anything about releasing pre-matches? ty!

LOL anyone else get ready for interview day an hour too early cause they forgot El Paso wasn't in Central Time?

The interview was great! The scary thing is that we are already getting ranked today or tomorrow among the other interviewees for match day according to what they said today.

Also they said they were done giving prematches @Architecture, but I would wait until the 31st to confirm because you never know...

Last edited:
I interviewed on Sept 1st and have heard nothing as an OOS resident. I am not sure about the standard procedure for OOS applicants, but is it worth contacting them now, or do they usually release the OOS decisions around the time the match occurs for the IS applicants?

Thanks!

If anyone has any last minute questions about the school or living in el paso feel free to ask here or DM

Reactions: 4 users
The wait for Match Day with no prematches is going to be brutal...

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought they were due by the end of 1/31, not the beginning of it?
Haha I don't expect anything within the next 10.5 hours. Unless these schools want to roll in with a last minute prematch.... lol

Random, prior to your interview, did you receive a nice folder with goodies and info about the school? I don’t interview until next week.

Super nice and informative of them.

High key, a small self esteem boost with all the Rs, like, all this stress and hard work did get me some interviews.

Reactions: 5 users
Random, prior to your interview, did you receive a nice folder with goodies and info about the school? I don’t interview until next week.

High key, a small self esteem boost with all the Rs, like, all this stress and hard work did get me some interviews.
idk if this was referring to me but my inner narcissist says it was. Yes I got the packet a couple of days before my interview. It was really a nice touch. This school goes the extra mile to make every touch point with an interviewee personal. Your acceptance letter will also have a personal touch.

Really love that about them.

Reactions: 2 users

hi! when did you get your II?

Idk if this has been asked in here but have any OOS applicants received any II’s from here or any other Texas school?

Idk if this has been asked in here but have any OOS applicants received any II’s from here or any other Texas school?
Yes they have. For all schools in TX except TCU and UIWSOM the classes can enroll a maximum of 10% OOS students, so it’s competitive to get in as an OOS applicant

Yes they have. For all schools in TX except TCU and UIWSOM the classes can enroll a maximum of 10% OOS students, so it’s competitive to get in as an OOS applicant
I was looking at stats for Baylor c/o 2026 and it looks like the number of OOS students grew a little bit even after joining TMDSAS. Interesting to see.

Edits: oops it looks like I posted in the wrong thread! my apologies

Last edited:
I was looking at stats for Baylor c/o 2026 and it looks like the number of OOS students grew a little bit even after joining TMDSAS. Interesting to see.

Edits: oops it looks like I posted in the wrong thread! my apologies
Baylor is considered a private school allowed to admit more than 10%. However, the state pays for all instate students while they have to collect OOS fees for the external students and state owns a high percentage of the students.

It used to be 25% about 10-15 years ago but it has closed down to 15% or below in the recent years.

if anyone has an interview this week/next week, are u planning on attending or declining? i would love the opportunity to interview here so just seeing if there is any chance
I’ve been seeing your posts increasingly throughout threads as we enter in the end of the cycle. As a reapplicant, I understand the stress and anxiety this process can cause. But questions like these are unlikely to yield the result you seek.

When someone declines an interview invite schools will likely already have someone in mind they would invite to fill that gap. It does no good for you or your mental health to obsess over stuff like this.

Take a deep breath. It will all work out for you.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
howdy y'all! i was wondering if anyone has an II on 2/16 scheduled? or is 2/9 their last day? also is anyone debating on whether or not to decline their II from here?

sorry to ask like that, a student told me that if someone cancels their II, the school will still send out more to people next on the list so i was just wondering!

howdy y'all! i was wondering if anyone has an II on 2/16 scheduled? or is 2/9 their last day? also is anyone debating on whether or not to decline their II from here?
2/9 is the last interview day to my knowledge. Sorry.

For those who interviewed, how long did it take for the school to appear on the TMDSAS rank page?
At this time y’all, if you don’t see a school on your list that you need to rank, call the school admissions office directly on Monday and ask them to update you on their portal so you can rank them.

I think they just started sending out scholarships. Just received an email with 15K scholarship per year in addition to my previous prematch! Didn't expect it at all.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I think they just started sending out scholarships. Just received an email with 15K scholarship per year in addition to my previous prematch! Didn't expect it at all.
that's amazing congratulations :)

• Love
Literally had a dream last night that I matched to El Paso and IT WAS TRUE... now if I can only dream about the winning lotto numbers...

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Matched this morning as well!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Matched this morning! Is there a group chat for admitted students?

Matched this morning! Is there a group chat for admitted students?
I guess I will just create a group if there isn't one already, I believe that is what was done for last year's class.:

OOS, interviewed in November, still haven’t heard back. Am I pretty much guaranteed a WL at this point?