2022-2023 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre match just now! Beyond excited and thankful. Interviewed 11/8

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
11/3, exactly two weeks ago!

Most hilarious part about this is she left on a camping trip today so I’m planning on telling everyone else before her 😈
If she doesn't know and we all know, that means several thousand of your closest friends on SDN were told before her.

Congrats everyone! Those of you pre-matching today, are you all receiving your emails or just the portal acceptance?

Reactions: 1 user
I was really hoping to get an interview offer from this school :( but I still did not get one and I bet they are done interviewing people

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I was really hoping to get an interview offer from this school :( but I still did not get one and I bet they are done interviewing people
They go until February!! Ik the process is hard but it’s not over till March 3rd

This is a general question for Texas schools. How do you send an update letter through TMDSAS?

This is a general question for Texas schools. How do you send an update letter through TMDSAS?
You don't. It's on a school by school basis. You have to call admissions and ask if the accept update letters and where to send them.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can't - if you want to update the schools you applied to this year, you will be sending a separate email to each school.
Really the only thing you can update on TMDSAS is a new semester of grades.

I got a pre-match offer yesterday! Interviewed 11/8 :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
anyone here pre-matched that interviewed in July/August?
I think they sent all their early interview prematches, they've been sending out a few a couple weeks after interview dates since then.

does that mean if you interviewed early and haven't pre-matched you probably won't?
It means they are waiting to finish all other interviews to fill the rest of the class including during match.

Any idea when we will hear about scholarships? Someone at my interview day implied we would get offers before match but now I’m wondering if I imagined this.

Any idea when we will hear about scholarships? Someone at my interview day implied we would get offers before match but now I’m wondering if I imagined this.
An MS4 at my interview said he ranked TTEP #1 specifically due to the scholarship offer so I imagine you'll find out before the rank deadline!

• Love
Are we expecting a round of pre-matches anytime soon? Interviewed 12/08 and remember them mentioning their offers are sent up until Dec 31st, so not sure if that is enough time to offer a seat.

Are we expecting a round of pre-matches anytime soon? Interviewed 12/08 and remember them mentioning their offers are sent up until Dec 31st, so not sure if that is enough time to offer a seat.
Maybe this Friday

Hey y’all, I received an II here yesterday, I was complete mid-August. Unfortunately I can’t attend the interview due to scheduling conflicts but it looks like this school still has two interview days available in January (19 & 26). I hope this helps someone still waiting for an II from here!

Hey y’all, I received an II here yesterday, I was complete mid-August. Unfortunately I can’t attend the interview due to scheduling conflicts but it looks like this school still has two interview days available in January (19 & 26). I hope this helps someone still waiting for an II from here!
Does it mean you are not going to be interviewing?

Does it mean you are not going to be interviewing?

I have one week to respond to the invite, so I’ve been scrambling to find a solution, but I’m visiting family those weeks and internet access is unreliable.

… as I’m writing this it did just occur to me that they offer interviews until mid-February, I can’t see it on the calendar but I will see if I can reschedule!

The letter they send post interview by mail sharing their appreciation for interviewing and why they should be #1 in our match list is such a nice gesture! I had a great experience on interview day too! Just wanted to share because that made me happy! Lol

Any other prematches the past couple of weeks? Hoping to hear back

Well, looks like we got until Saturday

In-State II 20 minutes ago. LM 74 Complete 07/4

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I shat myself for the last hour because I thought I got an early rejection, but another IS interview invite LM 69

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to you guys! What dates do they still have available?

Congratulations to you guys! What dates do they still have available?
I only checked for the soonest one available and all that was open for January was the 26th. Not sure about February though tbh.

I think there might only be 2 interview dates left (1 in January and 1 in February) before rankings are due by interviewees (I could be wrong though)

Last edited:
Did anyone interview in December and prematch? Think I will need to wait until match day

Did anyone interview in December and prematch? Think I will need to wait until match day
I haven't seen anyone announce an offer from Foster since November. Schools can still send out pre-match offers until January 31 so maybe they will send out some more this month

Does anyone know how scholarships for prematch works here? Time frame, how often they’re given, etc. Do they usually give out scholarships for prematch people before the date for ranking schools happens?

II today!!

Edit: I declined the interview due to the school being 10hrs from home and already having another acceptance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users