2022-2023 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just prematched as well! Interviewed Oct 20th

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know it’s a random process but looking through SDN Tuesdays have also been historically heavy Pre Match Days for this school so I know we’re gonna hear some more good news for everyone tomorrow as well!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I know it’s a random process but looking through SDN Tuesdays have also been historically heavy Pre Match Days for this school so I know we’re gonna hear some more good news for everyone tomorrow as well!!
Love the positive thinking! Let's go SDN gang! tomorrow is officially a big day around these parts!

Dance Halloween GIF by aurel

Likely UTSW at the moment. It makes the most financial sense for me and my partner
That's right! I forgot that you're the one with the couples acceptance! Sounds like an excellent move and such great fortune! You both deserve it and I'm super happy for you!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Likely UTSW at the moment. It makes the most financial sense for me and my partner
You started declining offers before match day?

That is a very nice thing for you to be doing for the others who need an offer.

Hey everyone. I've been lurking on here for a while, but I've decided to join in after getting accepted at PLFSOM. Is it too early to make a GroupMe? I toured campus on 9/20 if anyone from the tour is here.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You started declining offers before match day?

That is a very nice thing for you to be doing for the others who need an offer.
Yes. This process is so stressful. I remember how elated I was getting into UTSW, my first acceptance. If I can help facilitate that for someone else I am more than happy to do so, especially given my fortunate position in the cycle.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know if this school accepts update letters / letters of intent after already completing an interview?

Does anyone know if this school accepts update letters / letters of intent after already completing an interview?
No they do not, unfortunately. On my interview day, they said the adcom panel meets same day to determine your final rank, so they do not consider updates or letters of intent

Does anyone know if TTUSCH El Paso accepts update letters? Thanks

Sorry but what does "complete on 9/20" mean?
Complete means that all needed components have been submitted to the school. These are each of the check marks on a secondary portal such as letters, MCAT score, fee payment, etc. The date is important because it's the earliest the school could review your application.

This school does not send post II Rs do they? So we will know if we have been rejected on match day?

Reactions: 1 user
This school does not send post II Rs do they? So we will know if we have been rejected on match day?
If you end up with no match, you can be on the WL for any school that interviewed you. Each year a good number of applicants get in from a WL. (Don’t ask me the exact number!)

If you end up with no match, you can be on the WL for any school that interviewed you. Each year a good number of applicants get in from a WL. (Don’t ask me the exact number!)
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if we do not interview with any texas school then we will not be able to enter the match portal? So our cycle would be over in February?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if we do not interview with any texas school then we will not be able to enter the match portal? So our cycle would be over in February?
In the match you rank schools that you have interviewed with, so if you haven't interviewed with anyone then you won't be able to rank so I would assume the cycle would be over

That's right, to be able to participate in the TMDSAS Match, you must have had at least 1 TMDSAS interview.

If you have had no interviews by Feb 17th (the day applicants have to rank their interviewed schools) you are unfortunately out of chances for this application cycle.

There are 2 Texas schools which are not part of TMDSAS: TCU (AMCAS) and UIWSOM (AACOMAS).

Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of y'all soon! Good luck with the admission's process everyone! Y'all got this!

Reactions: 11 users
I got a generic letter (snail mail letter) today thanking me for interviewing with ttuhsc. Is that normal? My mother took one look at it and said it was a soft-R so now I’m paranoid.

• Wow
I got a generic letter (snail mail letter) today thanking me for interviewing with ttuhsc. Is that normal? My mother took one look at it and said it was a soft-R so now I’m paranoid.
I thought they sent it to all interviewees tbh

Reactions: 3 users
I think everyone gets one, so please ignore your mom's negativity :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I didn't get one :/ Hope that doesn't mean anything bad

I got this letter and prematched. I also got a letter that said thanks for attending the open house (which I didn’t).

Does your mother think you should stay a research investigator and not do MD. :D

• Sad
I don’t think I’ve seen an II in awhile, do we think they’re done sending II?

I don’t think I’ve seen an II in awhile, do we think they’re done sending II?
They send all throughout up until February, remember there is response bias in terms of the number of ppl who self report on SDN

So It’s not over until mid to end of February!