2020-2021 Touro University (Vallejo, California) TUCOM-CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally received a secondary from here.... Verified on 8/6.... From the wording of their email, they apparently screen....?
Interesting... mind sharing what they screen?

Members don't see this ad.

does this school screen for subsections of mcat before send out secondary? my mcat is 503 with 121 cars, and I submitted my primary august, still did not have a secondary yet
From my understanding,502 is the minimum for screening with no subsection screen

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? I've been reading that Touro is somewhat high, but "high" varies from ~50% to 80% depending on the source. Just trying to clear up the confusion

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long it takes to get a secondary here, verified last week. I got one from NY and Nevada within couple days. Nothing from here yet.

Anyone know how long it takes to get a secondary here, verified last week. I got one from NY and Nevada within couple days. Nothing from here yet.

could take weeks but if you email the admissions office then you might get it sooner

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary sent on 08/13/20 and still waiting for an II. Does being out of state hurt my chances?

Secondary sent on 08/13/20 and still waiting for an II. Does being out of state hurt my chances?

This might be helpful! It seems like there is some in-state bias for interviews (IS interviews 331/1806 18.33%, OOS interviews 156/3146 4.95%) but both have approx an 80% chance of acceptance post-interview.

I'd like to believe this though i dunno the validity of it

For people who have already interviewed, how was the group interview format? This is the first time I’ll be interviewing with other students hearing my answers and it’s lowkey intimidating

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have already interviewed, how was the group interview format? This is the first time I’ll be interviewing with other students hearing my answers and it’s lowkey intimidating
I hated it. It felt like I was directly competing with the other students in my group...even though I wasn't. It's a terrible interview format imo

Reactions: 2 users
I hated it. It felt like I was directly competing with the other students in my group...even though I wasn't. It's a terrible interview format imo
That’s exactly my thoughts...I don’t understand why they do it this way

That’s exactly my thoughts...I don’t understand why they do it this way

but I don't believe they compare you to other students and also, interview seems to be weighed in as just equal to other components . They're tryna get a sense of who you are as a person. I did not have the best experience with the interview but still got in!

They may be trying to reserve resources / time. I also think that they want you to get a feel for other applicants and what they’ve done as they may be your future classmates (which is kinda cool in the sense of hearing what others are up to)
That being said, I personally hated the group format and believe it should be individual. I found myself constantly comparing myself to others in my group and it knocked me off my game. I do wonder what happens during the recommendations though...

They may be trying to reserve resources / time. I also think that they want you to get a feel for other applicants and what they’ve done as they may be your future classmates (which is kinda cool in the sense of hearing what others are up to)
That being said, I personally hated the group format and believe it should be individual. I found myself constantly comparing myself to others in my group and it knocked me off my game. I do wonder what happens during the recommendations though...
What do you mean recommendations?
And how long did it take y’all to hear back

Just try your best to be yourself and if you can.. try not to compare yourself, I think Touro-Ca has a very high post-II acceptance rate so hopefully you find comfort in that. I have a feeling 3/4 of the people in my group got accepted...maybe even all 4

Application complete email 9/15. hoping to hear back for a II soon. They're one of my top choices
!

I submitted mid-August just a couple days after the invite and haven't heard back yet oof.

stats: 3.53 cGPA, 3.98 sGPA, 515, IS (Bay Area), ORM

For everyone concerned about the panel format, I'm quoting myself from an earlier post:

"Our school uses a panel interview format. This format helps us 1) interview as many candidates as possible throughout the year since we are a small school with limited staff compared to larger institutions who have many resources to accommodate; 2) assess an applicant's interaction in a group setting since our program relies heavily on a team learning curriculum. I suggest you do your research on how best to approach these kinds of interviews. "

We do NOT compare applicants within the group interview. We only gauge the quality of your answer to the question, and not if your response is the best in the room. So try your best not to feel like you need to out-do the others in the room.... interviewers will actually pick up on that and it's viewed somewhat negatively. If you are fortunate enough to attend school here, you'll see that there is a completely non-competitive environment, which I know is very different than the premed world. So there's a correlation there... Keep that in mind :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II and was able to schedule for 10/26 in case anyone is tracking.

I was marked complete on 9/2 so it took about a month for me!

Just got an II and was able to schedule for 10/26 in case anyone is tracking.

I was marked complete on 9/2 so it took about a month for me!
Wow! That's lucky I got my II about 2 weeks ago or so and the earliest available then was Nov 3 :(

primary sent 8/21 finally got my secondary today 10/6....instate URM low stats tho

Interviewed here yesterday and I personally liked the interview panel format. I felt the vibe was much more chill group discussion than competitive, plus it was really interesting learning about the other applicants! I felt like the nerves leading up to the group interview were much worse then the actual thing; after the first 5-10 minutes I was very calm and relaxed.

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone direct me to where I can see their curriculum/student organizations? Their website is.......odd.... thank you in advance

Wow! That's lucky I got my II about 2 weeks ago or so and the earliest available then was Nov 3 :(

Lmao same I got my II a week ago and the closest date was in Nov. They might just be trying to spread people out or maybe there was a cancellation so a spot opened up. Hopefully we still gucci tho hehe

Lmao same I got my II a week ago and the closest date was in Nov. They might just be trying to spread people out or maybe there was a cancellation so a spot opened up. Hopefully we still gucci tho hehe
Yea! I am just glad I got an II

Accepted as well! From the interview session on 9/29

Accepted from 10/05 interview

Accepted! 10/05 interview as well

• Love
Accepted! Now to choose between here, Rocky Vista in Utah and DMU

• Love
Interviewing tomorrow. Any tips? V. nervous.

Interviewing tomorrow. Any tips? V. nervous.
I was also really nervous, once I heard panel interview my mind for some reason went to imagining myself like mark zuckerberg in front of the senate being nervous. But honestly it was really really chill. Very approachable and welcoming. Just make sure to take deep breathes to relax those nerves! I started to also second guess myself afterwards since I thought I messed up.
I got the acceptance last Friday and couldn’t be more relieved with the quick turnaround!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I was also really nervous, once I heard panel interview my mind for some reason went to imagining myself like mark zuckerberg in front of the senate being nervous. But honestly it was really really chill. Very approachable and welcoming. Just make sure to take deep breathes to relax those nerves! I started to also second guess myself afterwards since I thought I messed up.
I got the acceptance last Friday and couldn’t be more relieved with the quick turnaround!
Thank you!

Zuckerberg is totally an appropriate image.

Are we supposed to get a complete email after submitting the secondary? Only received a ”thank you for submitting“ email.

Is the interview here open or blinded to stats?
The interview is open file, but I highly doubt they would ask you about your stats given the group format of the interview. They didn't ask anyone in my group about stats.

Nice meeting everyone today! Good luck to y'all.

The interview is open file, but I highly doubt they would ask you about your stats given the group format of the interview. They didn't ask anyone in my group about stats.
We do "open" application, in the sense that we've reviewed your application before the interview, but we're not allowed to discuss your grades/scores or other protected/personal information in the group panel bc of FERPA regulations.

So... I have been accepted and enrolled for Fall of 2021!!! Anyonr else doing the dual MPH/DO program?

Posting super late (because I just made an SDN account), but accepted to DO program 9/25! Complete late June, interviewed 9/22, 517 MCAT, 3.81 cGPA and sGPA.

for those with interviews coming up, my group had five students and three interviewers. We were each asked one question by each interviewer, then had around 10-15 minutes for applicants to ask questions. It was low-stress and very conversational.

Do we have to notify the admissions if we do not intend to enroll/pay deposit?

File complete email today. To those who received IIs, how long did it take between the “file complete” email and the II? :)