2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dang really? That sucks I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Didn't make a lot of sense to me to conduct interviews if there's no spots but I guess this is how the game goes.
yeah it sucks a lot, but I have heard that the waitlist movement for this school happens in June, and even some in July so there's that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be declining my acceptance here. hope it goes to one of you guys on the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, guys. I'm currently debating on whether I should attend WCUCOM or NSU-KPCOM. I was hoping current or previous students could provide some insight on WCUCOM's match rates, research opportunities, and rotation sites:

Match rate:

• How many students do you know from your class or previous classes that have had to SOAP?

Research Opportunities:

• Are there ample opportunities for students to participate in clinical research?

• Have students had to apply for research positions outside of the school?

Rotation Sites

• How are the quality of rotation sites?

Hey, guys. I'm currently debating on whether I should attend WCUCOM or NSU-KPCOM. I was hoping current or previous students could provide some insight on WCUCOM's match rates, research opportunities, and rotation sites:

Match rate:

• How many students do you know from your class or previous classes that have had to SOAP?

Research Opportunities:

• Are there ample opportunities for students to participate in clinical research?

• Have students had to apply for research positions outside of the school?

Rotation Sites

• How are the quality of rotation sites?
Im not a current or previous student here, but as far as Im aware WCU doesn't have much research opportunity and only last year did they start a few projects. Hope that changes/grows in the future, but as of today, definitely not a research school!

I was just accepted from the interview yesterday 6/15. I will be accepting. I am ecstatic!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted!!! Out of this world happy!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know who you email to decline the acceptance? is it Ms. Donna Day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today! Was wondering if anybody had recommendations for apartments in the area?

Accepted today too!! Wow what a wave of acceptances. 502, 3.2 sGPA 3.3 cGPA.

Got accepted at William Carey earlier today!! Previously, deferred since late January this year...

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted today! Was wondering if anybody had recommendations for apartments in the area?
Whats up, I was accepted as well. On the class facebook page there is a list of apartments and reviews from some of the upper classmen. Check that out.

When do we receive matriculation packet?I got accepted yesterday.
I think it's after they process your registration form and 1,000$ deposit for your seat. I know Donna Day (the one who deals with all that) is out for the rest of the week. I would try calling the admissions though.

When do we receive matriculation packet?I got accepted yesterday.
I was accepted a few weeks ago, and was told that they are handling everything online this year. You should receive an email from the IT department to activate your school email after submitting your seat deposit. There's quite a bit of pre-matriculation paperwork that needs to be done, but this is an exciting time and I look forward to seeing you in class in a few months!

I've paid my deposit and set up my "OneLogin", but have yet to receive the matriculation packet. I was wondering if anyone could share the contents of the Diagnostic kit, just so I can start searching lol

I've paid my deposit and set up my "OneLogin", but have yet to receive the matriculation packet. I was wondering if anyone could share the contents of the Diagnostic kit, just so I can start searching lol

All you need is a stethoscope.

Aw thats too bad but saw it coming
I wouldn't say it's completely over. I got R's from a bunch of other schools who said they were done interviewing, yet some of my friends are still getting interviews as of a couple days ago from those same schools. I do know that this school interviewed a few people through July last year. You should still be working towards making your app better for this new cycle that just started, however.

Does anyone know where I can find good deals of that full diagnostic set? I was trying to reach out to students from previous classes but found nothing on Facebook

Does anyone know where I can find good deals of that full diagnostic set? I was trying to reach out to students from previous classes but found nothing on Facebook

Because no one buys the full diagnostic set

I talked with a current student, and he didn't mention prices at all, but said that most students buy the kit. He also said that some students will upgrade certain tools from that kit i.e the BP cuff. I heard the cuff is total garbage, so it might be worth buying your own. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the BP cuff can start and stop blood flow, and my stethoscope works well (I have a Littmann Cardiology IV), then I should be able to get BPs no problem. The ophthalmoscope and otoscope are very good from what I heard.

I don't have any input on prices though, sorry :(

Does anyone know how the on campus housing stuff works? Like where’s the check in/move in times? I don’t see it on the housing portal??

Does anyone know how the on campus housing stuff works? Like where’s the check in/move in times? I don’t see it on the housing portal??
Have you applied for on-campus housing? Are there still spaces left reserved for medical students in the on-campus housing?

Interviewed on 6/17/21 - haven't heard back yet - are there seats even available? Do they email the acceptance letter?

Interviewed on 6/17/21 - haven't heard back yet - are there seats even available? Do they email the acceptance letter?
yeah they email you the letter. I'm not sure if there are seats left because the FB group seems pretty full

Withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of y'all.

Because no one buys the full diagnostic set
Honestly, I was going to buy everything but then some of the OMS-II students were like "YOU NEED EVERYYYY SINGLE THING ON THE LIST, NO QUESTIONS ASKED". Which sounded pretty off to me, so I'm going to take your word for it and just get the stethoscope lol.

Honestly, I was going to buy everything but then some of the OMS-II students were like "YOU NEED EVERYYYY SINGLE THING ON THE LIST, NO QUESTIONS ASKED". Which sounded pretty off to me, so I'm going to take your word for it and just get the stethoscope lol.

Heading into my fourth year here. I bought everything, but only ever used the stethoscope. Any otoscope or ophthalmoscope you’ll ever need will be hanging on the wall in the rooms like any normal doctor’s office. All the extra stuff just gathers dust at home.

Heading into my fourth year here. I bought everything, but only ever used the stethoscope. Any otoscope or ophthalmoscope you’ll ever need will be hanging on the wall in the rooms like any normal doctor’s office. All the extra stuff just gathers dust at home.
Hi again, so there are other small items that are on the list like dissecting kit and scalpel blades. Did you guys ever need/use those? Or was the only piece of equipment that you used literally JUST the stethoscope?

Hi again, so there are other small items that are on the list like dissecting kit and scalpel blades. Did you guys ever need/use those? Or was the only piece of equipment that you used literally JUST the stethoscope?

Literally just the stethoscope.

I bought everything, and it’s a huge waste of money. Not sure what’s included now, but our kit came with the panoptic. Literally day 1, the professor pulled his panoptic out and said “this is a great tool but leave it at home. We will never use it.”

Granted, I’m now a neurologist.