2020-2021 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Until what dates have interview dates been filled up?
Dude can you please calm down? You've posted the exact same question in like every thread I'm watching, and the notifications are getting annoying. A lot of these threads have the answer to the question you're asking if you just scroll back up a page or two. Please stop clogging our updates.

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 36 users
II just now, complete 7/26, ORM, LM 77. They had interview slots available starting in December

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Dude can you please calm down? You've posted the exact same question in like every thread I'm watching, and the notifications are getting annoying. A lot of these threads have the answer to the question you're asking if you just scroll back up a page or two. Please stop clogging our updates.
chill, if you dont want to answer the question, dont. You shouldn't tell people to calm down when you already have an acceptance. Im not saying its right to post the same q in all the threads but like dont answer if it upsets you. Telling people to calm down during a really stressful year isnt cool.

• Dislike
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 22 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So i got an email from admissions syaing i should "Consider Yale School of Medicine." Honestly i never thought i had a chance before now so never sent a primary or anything and im still pretty skeptical anything will come of this but does anyone here think i should bother?

515, 3.9 ORM
~300 shadowing hours
~170 volunteering hours
1 publication
And not much else lol

Reactions: 1 users
So i got an email from admissions syaing i should "Consider Yale School of Medicine." Honestly i never thought i had a chance before now so never sent a primary or anything and im still pretty skeptical anything will come of this but does anyone here think i should bother?

515, 3.9 ORM
~300 shadowing hours
~170 volunteering hours
1 publication
And not much else lol
Got this this morning as well and was happy to see their primary app isn’t due until the 15th, but is it even worth it so late in the cycle?

Got this this morning as well and was happy to see their primary app isn’t due until the 15th, but is it even worth it so late in the cycle?

+1, was wondering this as well. Is this just a money grab?

For those who are thinking about sending to Yale now, unless you really like Yale and see yourself in New Haven, I dont know if its worth it. Someone mentioned that they are already interviewing for Dec and so far on sdn, Ive only seen complete dates of July and maybe an August or two. If you do have a really special X factor, go ahead but it might not be worth it at this point.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got a “consider Yale” email but never had any contact with the school. Worth applying?

It kind of feels like they just got fewer applications than expected and are trying to pump their numbers lol

Reactions: 6 users
It kind of feels like they just got fewer applications than expected and are trying to pump their numbers lol
That will be so unfair if Yale is doing that. Or perhaps their system sent it out now inadvertently instead of targeting people for next cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
That will be so unfair if Yale is doing that. Or perhaps their system sent it out now inadvertently instead of targeting people for next cycle?
It does have the deadlines for next year as well which makes me think it's more tailored to those applying next cycle. It feels way too late and they're not offering a fee waiver so feels like a waste of money to me. But goodluck to those who decide to apply now & to those waiting to hear back!

It does have the deadlines for next year as well which makes me think it's more tailored to those applying next cycle. It feels way too late and they're not offering a fee waiver so feels like a waste of money to me. But goodluck to those who decide to apply now & to those waiting to hear back!

+1, I don’t have money to burn. Good luck guys!

They can always take me if they need people!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users
The Consider Yale email is a money grab. Everyone is hurting from COVID losses.

Reactions: 3 users
Well... just applied to Yale after getting the "consider Yale" email. I'm a FAP applicant so it was free and all three essays I was able to poach from other schools.

Genuinely expecting the R - but at least now I can say I applied to an Ivy!

Well... just applied to Yale after getting the "consider Yale" email. I'm a FAP applicant so it was free and all three essays I was able to poach from other schools.

LMAO good luck, fam

MSTP II! Complete 9/10. Only available dates for me were in mid January.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users

what was ur MCAT ? I also applied after that email. My score is super crappy and FAP recipient

what was ur MCAT ? I also applied after that email. My score is super crappy and FAP recipient

513 - so not really up to Yale's standards.

Figured I give it a go cause it was a relatively easy secondary.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like I was locked out of the application so the deadline was 11/15 :(

• Sad
chill, if you dont want to answer the question, dont. You shouldn't tell people to calm down when you already have an acceptance. Im not saying its right to post the same q in all the threads but like dont answer if it upsets you. Telling people to calm down during a really stressful year isnt cool.
Did you really look up the people who downvoted this to flag their comments on other schools as inappropriate?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
It says on Yales website that they send interview invites throughout February? Because now they are scheduling into mid january, could we assume that the chances of getting an interview is low at this point of time? I am assuming there are people who are going to cancel their interview invites but right now does it seem like very low chance at this point? I am applying MSTP complete 9/30 so idk :(.

It says on Yales website that they send interview invites throughout February? Because now they are scheduling into mid january, could we assume that the chances of getting an interview is low at this point of time? I am assuming there are people who are going to cancel their interview invites but right now does it seem like very low chance at this point? I am applying MSTP complete 9/30 so idk :(.
I'm in the same boat as you! MD PhD and complete late september cause my MCAT came in late :( Good luck to us!

• Care
R for MD-PhD today. Completed 8/8. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
MD II today! completed 10/20, few dates in Dec and Jan to pick from

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
II Just now! I only see one date available and I really don’t want to choose it. I have an interview for my top choice the next day. Does anyone know if there is really only one date left?

Just got rejected from MSTP :( C: 8/29

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
II Just now! I only see one date available and I really don’t want to choose it. I have an interview for my top choice the next day. Does anyone know if there is really only one date left?
Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?

congrats! What is the date of the interview availabe?

Any idea if Yale sends Rs for the MD program before the end of the cycle?
Complete mid-July