2021-2022 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who was complete in late August received a II?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today; OOS; Complete: 8/4; Reviewed: 9/8

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a little confused about the process here. Would someone mind confirming?

From what I've read in this forum:
1) You get a secondary received email and you're considered complete.
2) You get another email once your application has been reviewed.
3) Next email is either invite or rejection?

Reactions: 2 users

This is correct.

I might be the oddball but my application has been reviewed and it’s been silence since.

Reactions: 6 users
I might be the oddball but my application has been reviewed and it’s been silence since.
same. i think they just don't email until either II or a rejection at the end of the cycle. Last cycle, I got the R in like June 2021...

Reactions: 3 users
II today; OOS; Complete: 8/2; Reviewed: 8/27

Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling nervous, it's been nearly 6 weeks and I haven't received a "reviewed" email. Though I am aware they said we might not hear back for 6-8 weeks.

• Care
Feeling nervous, it's been nearly 6 weeks and I haven't received a "reviewed" email. Though I am aware they said we might not hear back for 6-8 weeks.
+1, submitted 07/19, reviewed 08/09. >8 weeks since submission, ~6 weeks since review but still no II yet. I think its a wash for me but i'm gonna hold the faith lol :/

Reactions: 4 users
+1, submitted 07/19, reviewed 08/09. >8 weeks since submission, ~6 weeks since review but still no II yet. I think its a wash for me but i'm gonna hold the faith lol :/
+1 reviewed 7/18 but I'm just gonna keep going with the no news is good news mentality.

Reactions: 4 users
I was complete 7/5 and still haven't received a "reviewed" email 😭 I guess they arent going in order?

I was complete 7/5 and still haven't received a "reviewed" email 😭 I guess they arent going in order?
adding with hopes we maybe crack their code. Complete 8/20, reviewed 9/10. no II. Who knows what they’re doing.

Reactions: 2 users
+1 also curious ...
Has anyone received an II with MCAT <505?
I haven’t seen any yet but if you look on MSAR Howard’s median is 505. That means 50% of the accepted class had less than a 505. So I think they do interview many people <505 yearly. I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you but just my 2 cents though I’m a fellow applicant so what do I know…

• Care
I haven’t seen any yet but if you look on MSAR Howard’s median is 505. That means 50% of the accepted class had less than a 505. So I think they do interview many people <505 yearly. I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you but just my 2 cents though I’m a fellow applicant so what do I know…
Appreciate it

• Care
Does it take a month for us to hear back to see if we got an II? otherwise, it could mean we've been rejected?

Does it take a month for us to hear back to see if we got an II? otherwise, it could mean we've been rejected?
Their admissions team is really small. I would just wait. R's didn't come til like June last cycle.

Can anyone who's interviewed provide some input on the interview day & the vibe of the interviews?

For anyone who's attended a First Friday, how long does it usually last and what do they talk about?

Also, if anyone is planning on going to the one this Friday, I'll see you there! :)

Last edited:
For anyone who's attended a First Friday, how long does it usually last and what do they talk about?

Also, if anyone is planning on going to the one this Friday, I'll see you there! :)
usually one hour of pre-recorded presentation and then some questions to ask the adcoms and then current MS 1-2-3 or 4 come on and we can ask them questions. I feel like its at leas 2 hours or maybe more.

whats First Friday?

you really 4pf though?
Rapper GIF by Lil Baby

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone had success with emailing Howard’s admissions office? I emailed them a few days ago and I’m curious what their typical response time is since I haven’t heard back yet. Are they better with phone calls than emails?

Just got an under-review email. Complete 8/23

Has anyone had success with emailing Howard’s admissions office? I emailed them a few days ago and I’m curious what their typical response time is since I haven’t heard back yet. Are they better with phone calls than emails?
I emailed them with an issue late July and they replied the next day. Of course the office is a lot busier now that it’s further into the cycle. If it’s time sensitive I’d call since you’ve already waited a few days.

Received an II! I'm so happy. Complete 7/29, reviewed 8/23

Reactions: 6 users
Received an II today. Complete 7/26 and reviewed 8/19.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Complete 8/30, App reviewed email today 10/8.

I called and they picked up immediately!

Any As today?? They said during my interview that everyone who interviewed before October 15 is getting news any day now!!

• Wow
Should I send a letter of interest? Howard is my top choice and I haven't heard anything from them since I got the "reviewed" email back in August.