2021-2022 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should I send a letter of interest? Howard is my top choice and I haven't heard anything from them since I got the "reviewed" email back in August.
it is still early.

Members don't see this ad.

Should I send a letter of interest? Howard is my top choice and I haven't heard anything from them since I got the "reviewed" email back in August.
If your application has been reviewed with no decision yet, it certainly wouldn't hurt to send a LOI and/or an update letter. Unless the adcom expressly stated that they don't accept those kinds of letters.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete 8/23 but haven’t received an app reviewed email yet. Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today at 3:00pm EST
App Reviewed Email on 9/9.

Hello Guys,

Anyone who had an interview, do you mind sharing some insights on the format and an idea of the type of questions asked!

Thanks

Hello Guys,

Anyone who had an interview, do you mind sharing some insights on the format and an idea of the type of questions asked!

Thanks
It’s LITERALLY just a conversation. Never talked about my app lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hello Guys,

Thanks
Mine wasn’t conversational lol I was asked to rate myself/rate the importance of qualities throughout my interview lol

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
rate yourself?? wow
Yea, it was intense. I have no idea how it went since he gave me feedback on ratings that he disagreed with and responses he thought were good. When we were pulled back from our breakout rooms, the coordinator was like "see, that was so pain-free!" and I'm like uhhhhhhhhh no it wasn't lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Hello Guys,

Thanks
Definitely depends on the interviewer you have. My interview wasn't super conversational & I was the first one out so I was a bit concerned

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, it was intense. I have no idea how it went since he gave me feedback on ratings that he disagreed with and responses he thought were good. When we were pulled back from our breakout rooms, the coordinator was like "see, that was so pain-free!" and I'm like uhhhhhhhhh no it wasn't lol
I had a similar experience to this. Definitely the worst interview I've done all cycle. My interviewer asked me twice about achievements in high school and I'm a non-trad so honestly my only achievement in high school was making it out alive. My interviewer was just substituting for someone else but she seemed inexperienced.

• Care
Were there 2 rounds of interviews?

Last edited:
Where there 2 rounds of interviews?
They said they don't have the capacity to offer two interviews to everyone throughout the entire cycle. So to keep it fair for everyone there is just one ~40 minute interview.

Reactions: 2 users
@people who interviewed before October 15...anymore news??

Does anyone know if they accept email updates?

M1 here if you have any questions

Acceptance letter this morning. Complete 7/31, Interviewed 10/12.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Does Howard release decisions throughout the day? I was told on my interview day (10/12) we'd hear back today.

Did anyone else from the 10/12 interview day get a notification? I’ve been anxious all day.

Did anyone else from the 10/12 interview day get a notification? I’ve been anxious all day.
Same here, and Not yet. Considering I got my II at 9:12 pm, I was thinking they might send stuff later in the day.

• Care
I interviewed 10/12 and didn’t get anything either. I’ve been dying of anxiety all day today. I thought it was just me. 🥺🙏

• Care
I interviewed 10/12 and didn’t get anything either. I’ve been dying of anxiety all day today. I thought it was just me. 🥺🙏
Don’t worry! I’m sure we’ll get our decisions soon!

• Care
A lil late but just submitted secondary to this school. Good luck to those interviewing and applying! :)

Can you clarify if Howard is pass/fail? I've heard conflicting info on this from some people that there is not true pass/fail
Didactic courses are honor/pass/fail which is denoted as Honor, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory

Rotations are high pass, pass, fail

I just got the A in the email OMG I'm crying

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Still no email for me and I interviewed same day as you … I wonder if they passed me over. Congrats on the acceptance tho future doctor!
You will get that email!! The email says "thank you for your patience" so they know you are waiting to hear from them! Thank you so much friend, it was your words that kept me sane throughout this whole weekend. Good luck!!

I got the A too! The wording in the email terrified me. Hopefully yours is on the way @Goku656 !

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
You will get that email!! The email says "thank you for your patience" so they know you are waiting to hear from them! Thank you so much friend, it was your words that kept me sane throughout this whole weekend. Good luck!!
Thank you! I appreciate it!

• Love
Got the A like an hour ago!! Interviewed 10/13

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congratulations to the recent As!

• Love
Thanks, fam. I needed this. I know it’s early…just freaking out I guess😂😂😂

I know you are eligible for an interview if you have a 494 and above, but has anyone heard of anyone getting an II or acceptance with less than a 500 MCAT? Just trying to satiate my curiosity lol

I know you are eligible for an interview if you have a 494 and above, but has anyone heard of anyone getting an II or acceptance with less than a 500 MCAT? Just trying to satiate my curiosity lol
See my post #172 in this thread. Also, their 10th percentile on MSAR is 499. That means 10% of their matriculating class has an MCAT of or below 499.

So to answer your question yes I think they do give IIs and As to those with MCAT <499 :)

Reactions: 3 users