2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have the link to second look?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also withdrew my acceptance for financial reasons- bummed because Loyola is a great school but hopefully my spot goes to one of you! Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Has everyone heard back post-interview? Now just waiting if you’re on CC?

Has anyone gotten a significant scholarship here? I got one for $6K and it seems most are getting lower amounts like this

Has anyone gotten a significant scholarship here? I got one for $6K and it seems most are getting lower amounts like this
the scholarship is need based. I know of two people here in my class on full rides for merit scholarship. So yes, there are large scholarships given out. But what you got is about what I would say is average for need based.

Just withdrew my A. This was a super difficult decision, but I really hope my spot goes to one of yall! Wishing everyone the best of luck !!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they might accept people this week before making the formal waitlist?

Also withdrew my Acceptance. Stritch is an AMAZING school and I'm so happy to give someone on the WL a chance at attending! Best of luck to y'all :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Do we have to use the Plan to Enroll option for Loyola or just CTE later on?

Members don't see this ad :)
It should clearly tell you in the acceptance email and on the portal :). by may 1st you have to drop to 1 acceptance so if you plan on going to loyola you should PTE by May1

It should clearly tell you in the acceptance email and on the portal :). by may 1st you have to drop to 1 acceptance so if you plan on going to loyola you should PTE by May1
Thanks for the reply. I looked for it on the portal and on the letter but the only thing it says is that we have to CTE June 1st. The AAMC guideline says to use the "Plan to Enroll" function, but I'm wondering if we need to do it for Loyola

Thanks for the reply. I looked for it on the portal and on the letter but the only thing it says is that we have to CTE June 1st. The AAMC guideline says to use the "Plan to Enroll" function, but I'm wondering if we need to do it for Loyola
I think everyone has to do plan to enroll if you have been accepted to more than one med school. If loyola is your only acceptance then I don’t think you need to PTE. Not entirely sure though but that’s my understanding of it

Withdrew today. Loved this school a lot but too expensive for me and had a much better scholarship offer elsewhere. Best of luck to those on waitlists!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also withdrew my A yesterday! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew today. Loved this school a lot but too expensive for me and had a much better scholarship offer elsewhere. Best of luck to those on waitlists!
Same here. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!

• Care
I haven't been offered an acceptance (CC), but I got an email saying that my Fafsa has been processed. Does this mean anything?

I haven't been offered an acceptance (CC), but I got an email saying that my Fafsa has been processed. Does this mean anything?
Based on prior threads this is around the time they process everyone’s fasfa on CC, hopefully means some good news soon though!

Does anyone know when we can click CTE (commit to enroll) on amcas? I thought it opens April 30th, but I checked and it wasn't there yet.

Couple this with getting a spam call this morning with the Caller ID location being from Maywood. Had a mini heart attack after both.

• Care
I just got the acceptance call and I’m absolutely SOBBING

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does Stritch historically have little WL movement after 5/1?
I don’t think it’s little movement, just not a lot reported on SDN! Prior threads mention people knowing people off SDN who got off CC. But I don’t think anyone is waitlisted just yet

I also got the acceptance call yesterday and I had been on CC since October---

I also happened to receive the FAFSA email 5/3. I checked my portal because of
@cathhhhhh's comment and I realized that my portal had changed from the "Continued Consideration" status to "Your interview has been completed."

Congrats!! Did you portal change from the CC message to something else?

And then an hour later or so I got a call from the "IL" number! I think other posters on this thread, who have been CC prior and then accepted, have also seen a portal change but the process is nebulous so no guarantees!

• Care
Can someone explain what the waitlist process is like at this school? Will all CC folks be sent to the WL?

Got the call from dean Nabers earlier today!

• Love
  • Care
Also got the call earlier today. Beyond honored! CC'd in October.

• Love
  • Care
I dont think it does. I got in and haven't received my FAFSA email yet.

can someone please tell me where i can find the intent document in the student portal!!!! i can’t find it anywhere!!

For those that have attended one of the tours this month, what areas were you able to visit? was it a student or a faculty-staff led? I would really appreciate it if you can give me an overview of it! Im visiting this week and I'm a lil nervous about how formal it is. Thank you!!

For those who didn't initially receive your LOCUS account login info for Loyola, did you end up contacting the financial aid office (or someone else) to receive this?