2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Talldoctor96 do you know when CC movement will start or how it works? I'm trying to understand how they decide to pull people off of the list, whether there is a ranking or some other criteria etc.

Members don't see this ad.

@Talldoctor96 do you know when CC movement will start or how it works? I'm trying to understand how they decide to pull people off of the list, whether there is a ranking or some other criteria etc.
Already started and will continue until waitlist formulated on may 1. Not ranked.

it’s simple admissions folks go back through the pool. Some have already been discussed at previous meetings some aren’t. Someone just goes through the list and pulls people up for discussion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does loyola have hidden internal ranking? What about AOA?
It’s not hidden, we have one. Super low key. It’s like 15 percent m1 20 percent m2 and majority clinical rotations. I personally view it in a very positive light, never really think about it and anticipate using it to my advantage with step 1 being p/f. We also have AOA.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to confirm, the cte deadline is June 1st? Anyone on other WLs a little worried? I love loyola but I'm on the WL for an in state school that is much much cheaper and has waitlist movement from May until end of June...

Also anyone know if there are merit scholarships available or solely need based? Thanks!

Just to confirm, the cte deadline is June 1st? Anyone on other WLs a little worried? I love loyola but I'm on the WL for an in state school that is much much cheaper and has waitlist movement from May until end of June...

Also anyone know if there are merit scholarships available or solely need based? Thanks!
At the interview they discussed financial aid packages if you sent your Fasfa in before Feb 26. Not sure when those will be announced but I imagine they have some need-base aid just don’t know how much!

At the interview they discussed financial aid packages if you sent your Fasfa in before Feb 26. Not sure when those will be announced but I imagine they have some need-base aid just don’t know how much!

Thanks for the response! Do you happen to remember if they mentioned anything about merit based aid?

Thanks for the response! Do you happen to remember if they mentioned anything about merit based aid?
I think that’s included as well. From my understanding you will get a “package” detailing all the aid that loyola can provide you based on merit and need. @Talldoctor96 can be more specific, but I think that’s what they are going to do. So you’ll see a total amount in the financial aid package.

Reactions: 1 user
omg that would b so savage lmao i would literally give them such a bad yelp rating if they called to reject me LOLOLOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
can you share more details about this timeline?
The day I interviewed (was on a Tuesday) they said that admissions was releasing decisions that day. They said admissions committee meets every two mondays and that they had met the night before. Then said to expect decisions within 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: 3 users
I think that’s included as well. From my understanding you will get a “package” detailing all the aid that loyola can provide you based on merit and need. @Talldoctor96 can be more specific, but I think that’s what they are going to do. So you’ll see a total amount in the financial aid package.
There are scholarships for sure, my friend has a full ride. I got mainly needs based assistance

Reactions: 2 users
we got the A call ladies and gents <3 interviewed 2/2. not on CC.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Interviewed 2/23 and just got the A call! Congrats to all the A’s, and good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
So I guess no CC calls today? Anyone else on CC going crazy waiting 😭 at this point just send the rejection so I can stop going crazy refreshing this feed every two minutes 😭 😭

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
anyone else who interviewed during the last days hear back/know when to hear final decisions? asking on behalf of a colleague who interviewed on the last thursday.

So I guess no CC calls today? Anyone else on CC going crazy waiting 😭 at this point just send the rejection so I can stop going crazy refreshing this feed every two minutes 😭 😭
Not sure what you mean about rejection. CC turns into waitlist, y’all have a ways to go. Approximately 5 months! Someone might get the call the week before classes start.

Since calls are likely over for the day, when do CC emails usually go out for those not yet on it

I am right there with you it’s driving me crazy 😭

Not sure what you mean about rejection. CC turns into waitlist, y’all have a ways to go. Approximately 5 months! Someone might get the call the week before classes start.
Do you know approximately what the chances are coming off CC? Or how many people were interviewed versus accepted? Apologize if this was already said

Do you know approximately what the chances are coming off CC? Or how many people were interviewed versus accepted? Apologize if this was already said
Totally depends and not worth speculating on. You could be the next one to go or at the bottom of the list. Just worry about what you can control which is demonstrating continued interest.

• Care
omg 5 months. Can somebody put me in one of those Avatar incubator thingies for the next 5 months? I no longer wish to be a part of this plane of existence until taken off CC. :sour:

• Care
If I interviewed 1/26 and haven’t heard back yet does that mean I’m on the CC?

Interviewed 1/26 and got the call today 11:20am PST!

Do they tell you where you are on the waitlist when it comes out in May?
Based on last years thread they did send out an email in May letting you know you’re on the waitlist! So I would think the same for this year

If I interviewed 1/26 and haven’t heard back yet does that mean I’m on the CC?
Nope. I interviewed on 1/14 and just heard back yesterday. They're taking a little longer than expected. I would send them an email letting them know that you are patiently awaiting a decision.

Hi everyone!

Your friendly neighborhood M1 here with a bump for the Facebook Group for Accepted Students. As we get closer to matriculation for your class, we're going to be hosting more events, sharing info, and answering questions from those in the group. Hope your cycles are going well, and don't lose hope if you're on CC, people definitely get accepted off there through the next few months!

Link: www.facebook.com/groups/2744517485828293

***If you're requesting access, please answer the questions asked with the request. That way we can crosscheck our acceptance list to confirm names and emails. Those who do not answer the questions will be declined from the group.
We get lists of admitted students from the Admissions Office every few weeks, and requests are typically approved within a few days. If your request has not been approved after that time frame and you were recently accepted, it may be because you are not on our most current list but will be added once we get the most up to date list from Admissions and can confirm your acceptance!***

Do we think calls will continue this week or is it still every other week?

The true March Madness comes from watching Loyola's basketball team during an extended stay on CC. Go Ramblers babbyyy

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
If we are put on the waitlist in May (from CC), will they tell us our ranking/place on the waitlist?

I got the A call about a half hour ago 😭 interviewed on their last interview day

• Love
Reactions: 11 users