2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A CALL!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lowkey I'm confused. Do any accepted students know what documents we need to upload for Financial Aid?

CC status changed to “your interview has been completed”

Reactions: 1 user
No call but my portal status changed to “Your interview has been complete.” Also placed on CC in October. Any thoughts?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also just got the A call about an hour ago!! CC in October. 2 update letters and one letter of intent sent in!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who has been acceoted! My portal says that "my interview is complete", but no CC or calls yet. Interviewed 2/23. What does this mean? I would really like to go to this school.

Did anyone get anything other than loans in their financial aid package?

Did anyone get anything other than loans in their financial aid package?
I have a small scholarship in mine, but I'm pretty sure it's not a final package until they email you. Mine has no loans, which doesn't make sense.

I have a small scholarship in mine, but I'm pretty sure it's not a final package until they email you. Mine has no loans, which doesn't make sense.
I got an email saying that financial aid had been posted. I remember checking a few days before and only a few things had been posted.

I got an email saying that financial aid had been posted. I remember checking a few days before and only a few things had been posted.
Okay, that makes me feel better about my situation as I have not received any emails, only checking the portal.

This is making me nervous. I got an email saying “The Stritch School of Medicine Financial Aid Office (FAO) has now prepared your financial aid package, which is available online via your LOCUS account.” And only loans in my award 😅😅

Reactions: 3 users
This is making me nervous. I got an email saying “The Stritch School of Medicine Financial Aid Office (FAO) has now prepared your financial aid package, which is available online via your LOCUS account.” And only loans in my award 😅😅
Yes, and that is completely determined by your FAFSA/parental income.

Maybe a dumb question but do instructions to log into your LOCUS account come with the financial aid email? Or do I already have an account?

I only see a small scholarship in my 'Awards' tab, should I be seeing the loans too at this point or is that still coming?

For all of you with the financial aid questions, I would reach out to the financial aid email. They are really nice, happy to go over things with you, answer any questions, etc.

They could, for example, confirm that you are receiving just loans Or if maybe everything isn't updated yet.

Has anyone who applied before the deadline not received aid information yet?

Quick question, is the "Allowance for Grad PLUS-SOM" just another loan lmao?

Does anyone know if scholar awards are disbursed for each year of medical school or if it's only a one-time award? Thanks in advance

I hadn't received any news from the financial aid office so I emailed them yesterday and today I woke up to an email that said my full award package was ready! (got the scholar award but otherwise all loans)

Love that for me 😂😂😂 +1 for all loans in my awards then **sighs**
lmao I also got that ~very~ small award and the rest was loans :cryi:. I emailed the financial aid office because I come from a low-income family and was expecting a little more help but will see what they say

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if/when the next committee meeting is? Are they meeting before making the waitlist in May? Thanks! Patiently waiting on the CC list 🥺

Reactions: 2 users
Are the financial aid packages only sent to accepted applicants? I submitted my FASFA before the deadline but I’m still on CC and haven’t gotten my package

Reactions: 1 users
Are the financial aid packages only sent to accepted applicants? I submitted my FASFA before the deadline but I’m still on CC and haven’t gotten my package
Yes you’ll only get it if accepted