2021-2022 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Are y'all getting emails saying you're Interview Waitlisted or does it say in the portal somewhere?

oh boy. terrified no news is a rejectin. been complete since july 10th

Reactions: 1 user
OOS, URM, MCAT 512, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.2, thousands of hours of clinical experience, D1 athlete in college

interview WL :(

good luck to the rest of you!
I got an interview WL as well. Found this thread comment on reddit tho so fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else feel slightly better about being waitlisted after this thread? Lol

Reactions: 2 users
current 2nd year here.. feel free to hit me up if you have questions or whatever

good luck with the cycle! and don't forget, adcoms don't determine your worth. there's just a **** load of applicants and not enough time or people to evaluate everyone fairly.

current 2nd year here.. feel free to hit me up if you have questions or whatever

good luck with the cycle! and don't forget, adcoms don't determine your worth. there's just a **** load of applicants and not enough time or people to evaluate everyone fairly.

How do you like the culture of the student body? Would you describe it as pretty collaborative/friendly or no?

How do you like the culture of the student body? Would you describe it as pretty collaborative/friendly or no?
lol you all are quick.

it's good! I'd say we are a pretty collective group when it comes to everything, our class shares a lot of resources and everyone is willing to help out when they can. faculty is pretty friendly too. it was weird at the start of last year with the pandemic but its been great as things have started to level out.

lol you all are quick.

it's good! I'd say we are a pretty collective group when it comes to everything, our class shares a lot of resources and everyone is willing to help out when they can. faculty is pretty friendly too. it was weird at the start of last year with the pandemic but its been great as things have started to level out.

Lmao can you tell I'm refreshing the school-specific threads waiting for where IIs have been sent??

Thank you for answering my question! That sounds like a nice school to be at :) I love everything about it except for the price tag lol

Lmao can you tell I'm refreshing the school-specific threads waiting for where IIs have been sent??

Thank you for answering my question! That sounds like a nice school to be at :) I love everything about it except for the price tag lol
haha I get it. tuition is brutal and there's no way around that

Yeah, I like the school quite a lot but that price tag is oof. How good is their financial aid (if there really is any, that is)?

As in scholarships? They have a few but even if you got all of them, it’s would be a drop in the bucket compared to total amounts.

As in scholarships? They have a few but even if you got all of them, it’s would be a drop in the bucket compared to total amounts.
That's kinda a bummer but not surprising.

How's the area the campus is located and what kind of relationship does AZCOM with the surrounding community?

That's kinda a bummer but not surprising.

How's the area the campus is located and what kind of relationship does AZCOM with the surrounding community?
it's in a northwest suburb of phoenix. it's pretty residential and mellow. it's definitely not a hot spot for fun stuff but that's kind of nice since school takes over. but it is close enough to the fun areas when you do have time off.

and I can't speak too much on the community engagement because we started and finished our first year in the middle of a pandemic. hoping to be able to update later this year.

R received via email just now, was complete a couple days ago. Low stat applicant though so I’m definitely not surprised.
You mind if I PM you asking about stats? I'm a low stat applicant, too, but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Interview wait list. They sent it via email. 504 mcat, 3.6 cGP, oos, thousand hours + of clinical experience. Oh well

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Oh and also applied like 4 days ago, got the secondary 3 days ago, II WL today
Really? I submitted my secondary on June 28th, got a "Complete" email July 14th, and still haven't heard anything from them about any decision.

3.5 505 interview waitlist email received at like 3am 😥

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Interview waitlist, literallly had amazing extra curricular, but and ehhh MCAT

it is what it is :(

• Care
I got the interview waitlist email last night too! At like 2 am lol. 507, 3.5 OOS

Interview waitlist this morning, lower stats but unique ECs :/

Anyone get an interview yet? I know people are getting II waitlists and Rs so far

Waitlisted... hope it's not a silent R :'(
I don’t think it is they pulled lots of people off the waitlist last year. They just interview really high stats first like psychaspiring said

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
For everyone that is hearing back, when were you complete? Also did you hear back through email?

Has anyone from Canada received an interview invite? Ive got 3.83 gpa, 506 mcat, alright ECs and haven’t heard anything. Completed email 07/21.
Also Canadian, completed secondary on July 16. No communication yet

Last edited:
how long after submitting secondary do u get completed email