2020-2021 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted :(( really thought it went well, but guess not
Don't get discouraged. They pull lots of people from the waitlist. There's still hope! 😊

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how may A's come from waitlist? There isn't any info on the MSAR

A couple quick questions regarding their interview day. Are the two interviews both just traditional interviews?
Does the interview day go all the way to 4pm EST? and what is the attire for the diversity and inclusion panel the night before?

Members don't see this ad :)
A couple quick questions regarding their interview day. Are the two interviews both just traditional interviews?
Does the interview day go all the way to 4pm EST? and what is the attire for the diversity and inclusion panel the night before?
Yes, they are traditional interviews. The interview day is more of an experience with information session, student Q&A, and wrap-up session, all in addition to the two interviews.

The night before for the diversity and inclusion panel I would just recommend dressing casual since it was very informal.

Anyone know how may A's come from waitlist? There isn't any info on the MSAR
From what I have heard from my peers who applied in previous years, most people who are tier 1 waitlisted get accepted and some from tier 2. The Adcoms are continuously reviewing your application throughout the cycle, though

Pre-II R just now! OOS and completed in early sep. Didn't have high hopes since it's march now :/

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
II today. Only 3/12 was available which is probably their last day according to their webpage. I could be wrong and they increased the number of interview dates.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sure! OOS no ties, LM75, ORM, complete early Oct. Sagittarius, shoe size 8. Special talent: can cook minute rice in 58 seconds.

Pre-II R, OOS, complete October. Not too surprised since it's so late in the cycle now. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Got the boot as well, not surprising given their last interview date is a week from now.

• Care
Still no rejection lol any reason they're ghosting me like this haha

Acceptance Call Yesterday! So grateful! I pray for everyone’s success on this thread for the rest of the cycle and future blessings to come!

Reactions: 10 users
When would y’all say it would be best to send in a letter of intent/update letter for the WL? I know that most movement won’t happen until May, but I also thought it might be beneficial to send it in before they tier the WL.

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning! This one certainly came as a surprise. The only date available was this Friday 3/12.

Big Congrats! Able to share stats, what sets you apart?
3.8 with a big upward trend/509. I don't know if anything really sets me apart honestly. The only thing about my app that I think is impressive is I have 6k clinical hours as an ED tech.

3.8 with a big upward trend/509. I don't know if anything really sets me apart honestly. The only thing about my app that I think is impressive is I have 6k clinical hours as an ED tech.
Thank you! Good luck with the interview!

Was waitlisted 2/26 but just got the acceptance call!

• Love
Anybody that plans on going here enjoy working out? I'm hoping to find a male roommate who will be my workout partner! (5x a week)!

Anybody that plans on going here enjoy working out? I'm hoping to find a male roommate who will be my workout partner! (5x a week)!
Me! I’ll be attending here this fall and I work out almost everyday haha

Congratulations!!! 🎉🎊🎉 Did you send a letter of intent or an update letter prior to your acceptance?
Nope I didn’t send anything. When waitlisted they say that they look at your application again when they review the next set of people!

Anyone else want to die thinking about how our estimated cost is 83k a year without scholarship ... that's insane
I'm pretending to not think about it. At least COA is relatively low (at least compared to the nice urban city I'm in) and we get "free" laptops x.x

pre-II R, OOS, not too hyped about the school so not too bummed. good luck to everyone else!