2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks for info.... Are letters of intent any good? and as far as update letters, i know taking classes and retaking the MCAT is the best way to show interest...but what if thats not possible ? apprecitae any tips!
I'd maybe send an email asking about updates to the waitlist and just add that you're still interested in attending. But not sure, I'm guessing that wouldn't hurt though.

And to your other question, it didn't improve that much but it went from about the average for ACOM to above their usual class average so maybe that helped or maybe just showing them that I was still interested by sending an update helped? Not sure

But if you're on the waitlist now don't worry too much about it! They have a lot of waitlist movement in the spring. I think some people get accepted all the way up until July.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd maybe send an email asking about updates to the waitlist and just add that you're still interested in attending. But not sure, I'm guessing that wouldn't hurt though.

And to your other question, it didn't improve that much but it went from about the average for ACOM to above their usual class average so maybe that helped or maybe just showing them that I was still interested by sending an update helped? Not sure

But if you're on the waitlist now don't worry too much about it! They have a lot of waitlist movement in the spring. I think some people get accepted all the way up until July.
Thanks for sharing!

How long after getting accepted did you all get the email about paying your deposit? I was accepted last Thursday and don't think I have received it yet so want to make sure I didn't miss it

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for info.... Are letters of intent any good? and as far as update letters, i know taking classes and retaking the MCAT is the best way to show interest...but what if thats not possible ? apprecitae any tips!
Its hard to say what actually got me off the waitlist. I updated them with grades and any changes to my app after the completion of my courses to make them aware. I continued taking classes to keep myself busy and set myself up for the upcoming cycle if I needed to reapply. I guess there's nothing wrong with showing continued interest via email and LOI but I can imagine that if everyone on the waitlist does it, then it will have increased diminishing returns. Unfortunately the hardest part was just waiting.

Its hard to say what actually got me off the waitlist. I updated them with grades and any changes to my app after the completion of my courses to make them aware. I continued taking classes to keep myself busy and set myself up for the upcoming cycle if I needed to reapply. I guess there's nothing wrong with showing continued interest via email and LOI but I can imagine that if everyone on the waitlist does it, then it will have increased diminishing returns. Unfortunately the hardest part was just waiting.
thanks for sharing !

If anyone has done a virtual tour vs in person tour can you dm me? Just wondering which is better idea/how much of the day it takes up. Thanks!

Got the A call/email today!!! Interviewed 11/4 as well...

I missed the call and they left a voicemail, am I supposed to call back to say thank you lol?

Got the A call/email today!!! Interviewed 11/4 as well...

I missed the call and they left a voicemail, am I supposed to call back to say thank you lol?
No need to call back! Congrats!!!

• Care
Placed my deposit today!! Wooooo! Has an accepted group been made yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody that got accepted feel free to share your stats🙂

so sorry :/ could u share if u were on hold and also ur stats?
No hold, applied 10/27, submitted secondary 11/2, complete and in review email yesterday 9:50 am, review and rejection yesterday 5:00 pm.
499 MCAT, 3.4/3.3 cumulative and science with post bacc, nontrad, masters before post bacc, 10k+ hrs/10 years healthcare experience, no ties to alabama though

Interview soon. What do the interviewers focus more on in their questions? Thanks.

What's the deal with "waitlist to interview"? Is that a soft R or will there be legitimate movement to proceed to a formal II?

What's the deal with "waitlist to interview"? Is that a soft R or will there be legitimate movement to proceed to a formal II?
i've been on that since like july. last cycle was on it and then got rejected in march. so yea probably like a soft R

It’s definitely not a soft R. I was on the interview waitlist last year & received an interview & have also seen others do the same.

I was on interview waitlist in July this cycle, then got an invitation to interview in October and now I have been accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the A email: 505 MCAT and 3.5 GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 11/14 and just got the A email: 502 MCAT 3.4 cGPA

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone end up recieving their acceptance box from ACOM? If so, what is in it?

WL decision via email. 499 MCAT, 3.7 GPA. Still a chance!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone! Is ACOM your first choice? If yes, what is/are the main reasons?

After acceptance, I got an envelope from ACOM. Did anyone else recently accepted get an actual box?

Anyone who was waitlisted and later accepted have any advice? did you stay in contact with admissions? did you send update letters?

Reactions: 4 users
Are there any current students that I can PM?

Is there a session before the interview or is the interview the first thing, and then all the sessions are after?

hello, does anyone know how i can cancel a registration for an open house if i've already signed up?