2022-2023 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received welcome gift for my acceptance this year! It had a beanie, lanyard with flash drive of information, and a few informative papers. Although, if I can remember correctly, the acceptance letter and the goodies were separately mailed so maybe your merch is still coming?

+1

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
My most recent cycle update email (1/26) says "will continue to send interview invitations until early March" so I feel like they're done, but at the same time they said they don't utilize silent rejections so it's not over til it's over
just interviewed last week and the last day for scheduling interviews was 3/10. They said they already finished for satellite campuses. Always possible they could add more dates though

I still haven’t received a pre-II R, I emailed admissions and they said they are interviewing through March?

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is late. Apologies. A on 2/25. Interviewed 1/27. Got the hat/usb stuff in the mail shortly after

Had the interview date today. The school was incredible but really was disappointed on how they structured the interview day program. They showed prerecorded presentations via zoom. A suggestion would be to give those videos to applicants via the portal. We could have used that time to get more of our questions answered . Many of the questions applicants asked weren’t answered and some questions were answered in a vague way. Sitting through 3 to 4 hours of presentations and talks and then doing our interviews was also not ideal. We had breaks in between but they were short lived and they had us do some activity during one of the breaks. I was exhausted by the time I got to my interview. The one thing I really liked was the interviewers. It definitely felt like a conversation and they were much more candid in terms of answering my questions. Overall I am really fortunate to have gotten the opportunity and I look forward to hearing back from them. I love their quick turnaround time

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an A from the med school, but still nothing from the MSTP program :(
Late to the conversation, but I got an A from the med school and rejected from the MSTP. Holding on to the A and will be attending if waitlists at other MD/PhDs don't work out. Also received the welcome package with USB info within a week of my A for the medical school

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else still waiting to hear back? I didn’t get a pre-II R yet..

Reactions: 4 users
I’m really hoping they are adding an interview day and it’s for us!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know what days orientation will be on and if it’s mandatory? I only see the July 10 start date on their academic calendar.

Haven’t received the R yet, complete July 1st. I added 2 update documents to my profile (shadowing and an extra class I took this summer), do y’all think I should do anything else to let them know of my interest? I have 1 DO acceptance and 1 DO waitlist, and I’m in-state so I would really like an II :)

Haven’t received the R yet, complete July 1st. I added 2 update documents to my profile (shadowing and an extra class I took this summer), do y’all think I should do anything else to let them know of my interest? I have 1 DO acceptance and 1 DO waitlist, and I’m in-state so I would really like an II :)

I think you’ll get tons of different advice on this! I talked to a few people who got recent IIs and they didn’t seem to make any recent updates. You can always send a LOI but I’m personally not bc I’m afraid of additional heartache (lol… ). Would be interested to hear what others say!

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully we will we hear some good news today! Still patiently waiting lol

Reactions: 8 users
THANK U FOR THIS INCREDIBLE NEWS
I'm sorry to break it to you, but no they did not. An email was sent saying they were considering adding between 1-3 additional days, but nothing has been confirmed. In the same email students were asked not to share this incomplete data to premed platforms such as this, which hotgirlpremed unfortunately did.

There are many reasons why schools ask people not to share information until they do, and ignoring those requests leads to false hope, incomplete information, and anger during an already incredibly frustrating time. I am sorry for those of you who got your hopes up, and I do hope MCW provides 1+ additional interview days for you. However, the school only has a certain number of spots and only a certain number of trained interviewers able to make additional days happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 12 users
I'm sorry to break it to you, but no they did not. An email was sent saying they were considering adding between 1-3 additional days, but nothing has been confirmed. In the same email students were asked not to share this incomplete data to premed platforms such as this, which hotgirlpremed unfortunately did.

There are many reasons why schools ask people not to share information until they do, and ignoring those requests leads to false hope, incomplete information, and anger during an already incredibly frustrating time. I am sorry for those of you who got your hopes up, and I do hope MCW provides 1+ additional interview days for you. However, the school only has a certain number of spots and only a certain number of trained interviewers able to make additional days happen.
Appreciate this, but let us just believe for a little bit longer lol.

Reactions: 3 users
catching up on this thread, i just got the A as a cali resident
+1 just got that A just right now as a California resident! I interviewed last week. So I’m incredibly surprised with the turn around. I thought my interview went well and they liked me but damn they accepting me after 5 days 🤩

Reactions: 2 users
OMG!! I got the A! This was such as fast turn around!

Appreciate this, but let us just believe for a little bit longer lol.
Hey not confirmed is not a no yet, we gotta stay strong! I really do hope the people holding out for this gets a shot! Including myself!

WL :( interviewed 3 weeks ago, OOS applicant. As this is my #1 I am very sad :/ feel free to turn down your As for me! :)

Has anyone received a merit scholarship to MCW yet? If so, did it come through an email sometime after your acceptance?

I interviewed 3/3, and haven't heard back yet. Does this mean I probably got rejected or WL? Super stressed rn because I don't have any As atm...

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 3/3, and haven't heard back yet. Does this mean I probably got rejected or WL? Super stressed rn because I don't have any As atm...
I got my A from the medical school several days after a bunch of people reported theirs on here, I think it’s pretty random when they release decisions

If you interviewed 3/3 they told us decisions would be out by EOD 3/20. It’s most likely they haven’t finished reviewing everyone as scheduling requires the availability of those who interviewed you and the committee. At most you just have to get through a few more days which is better than not being given a time frame to hear back.

Last edited:
If you interviewed 3/3 they told us decisions would be out by EOD 3/20. It’s most likely they haven’t finished reviewing everyone as scheduling requires the availability of those who interviewed you and the committee. At most you just have to get through a few more days which is better then not being given a time frame to hear back.
Did you interview 3/3 as well?