Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So for the secondary, did anyone use the full 2500 characters? Do you think it would be bad to talk about more than one situation? Idk how I can stretch out an essay that long about one situation.
Go into detail. I like to fill at least 60% but if you get your point across in less don't worry.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted!!!!! Interviewed 9/16.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! My goodness. Im crying! Can't believe it.

Reactions: 11 users
ACCEPTED!!! Is this real life??? WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Edit: Interviewed 09/10

Reactions: 14 users
ACCEPTEDDDDDDDDDDDD

brb cryying

Reactions: 13 users
Damn got the wait list notice today :(. Would love to have gone here but it was not meant to be.

Reactions: 1 user
So for the secondary, did anyone use the full 2500 characters? Do you think it would be bad to talk about more than one situation? Idk how I can stretch out an essay that long about one situation.

I used the full character limit. But being concise is the most important thing. The character limit is just there to prevent people from writing a book that admin just doesn't have time to read.

ACCEPTED!!!!! omg omg omg omg omg... hahaah i just skipped down the stairs to tell my family. I am so happy!!!

Interviewed 9/16

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll weigh in on free time and being able to exercise. Everything is about priority and if something is a priority than you will make time for it. For instance exercising is a must for me, it is the best way for me to reduce stress and decompress therefore I make sure that I work out every single day. I started out getting up at 530 am and working out every morning but that schedule became increasingly difficult because I never went to bed before midnight. Sleep is a must for anyone who wants to retain any information longer term. I started working out during the middle of the day during lunch at the school gym. The gym here is very limited for resources but you can be creative in getting a good workout in. I keep my workouts short, intense, efficient, effective and I try not to stay in the gym more than 30-45. Altered scale provided a good outline of a typical day of studying and remember everyone has different ways of studying and making their way through school, some will put in more hours and some will put in less.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted! I look forward to meeting all of you come July!!!!

Interviewed 9/17

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted!! Interviewed 9/15... Past three years just became worth it!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted as well!!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! Interviewed 9/16. Very humbled and grateful. Hope to see you all next fall!

Edited: Will be matriculating for sure, where is the facebook page at? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone who interviewed on 9/15 or 9/16 not hear back yet?
I thought I interviewed well, but haven't heard anything so SDN is once again causing me to freak out

Did anyone who interviewed on 9/15 or 9/16 not hear back yet?
I thought I interviewed well, but haven't heard anything so SDN is once again causing me to freak out

How many interviewed on each day? That might help give you an idea.

ACCEPTED! My heart rate is over 9000!!!

Reactions: 9 users
AHHHHHHHHHH ACCEPTED :D SO HAPPPPPPPY! CANNOT FOCUS AT WORK

Reactions: 7 users
Wow. Congrats everyone. I am shocked at how many there are already. I posted earlier, but does anyone know how many Interview slots there are each day and how frequent the interview days are scheduled?

Reactions: 1 users
Wow. Congrats everyone. I am shocked at how many there are already. I posted earlier, but does anyone know how many Interview slots there are each day and how frequent the interview days are scheduled?

I think there are around 30 but it's sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

There are more interview days between now and December than after January. Some weeks we will have 2-3 interview days. Other weeks there will be 1.

I didn't receive a secondary invite yet..and my AACOMAS was received 9-17. How long did it you guys to get the secondary?

I think there are around 30 but it's sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

There are more interview days between now and December than after January. Some weeks we will have 2-3 interview days. Other weeks there will be 1.

Thanks for the info! Every step of this process tests one's patience and resilience. If AACOMAS stays on it's current schedule of verification, mine should make it over to KCU by around Oct 12th. Just hope everything moves quickly from there!

Yeah, 27 people on my interview day.

What day was everyone interviewed on? I was on Sept 23. Has anyone gotten a decision from that date yet?

I know KCU is building a new sim building any current student know when that will be finished and ready to be used? And what is exactly is the building going to be like?

Day after, still hasn't really hit me. I'm going to be a doctor!
Now that I can finally breathe and think straight...
Cant wait to meet all of you, Class of 2020! :)

Congrats all!!! and just asking anyone interviewing tomorrow interested in meeting up? staying at 816

Day after, still hasn't really hit me. I'm going to be a doctor!
Now that I can finally breathe and think straight...
Cant wait to meet all of you, Class of 2020! :)

Anyone know if there is Facebook group yet?? I am excited to meet my future classmates!

Reactions: 2 users
I know KCU is building a new sim building any current student know when that will be finished and ready to be used? And what is exactly is the building going to be like?

Estimated time to complete that is in 3 years. It's going to be MASSIVE and will also apparently be a training center for KU med and UMKC as well as any CME for board certified physicians.

I think the class following you will get to use it year one.

Reactions: 1 users
Has the first class that's going through the new curriculum under Dr. Dubin taken their boards yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Just scheduled my interview here for 10/8, excited to check it out!