Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you submit?

Early June. I don't believe anybody has received one yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Early June. I don't believe anybody has received one yet?

I'm sorry I thought the above post were insinuating that they got rejected post secondary, but it all makes sense now. Well, to the above people who got screened look on the bright side, KCUMB was nice enough to let you keep your money in your pocket unlike many other institutions. Also, directed to the people who got rejected how long tulle you got rejected? My app was released today!

I'm sorry I thought the above post were insinuating that they got rejected post secondary, but it all makes sense now. Well, to the above people who got screened look on the bright side, KCUMB was nice enough to let you keep your money in your pocket unlike many other institutions. Also, directed to the people who got rejected how long tulle you got rejected? My app was released today!

My application was sent on the first day it was open and according to AACOMAS, it was sent on 6/21. I got the rejection email yesterday, but I also heard that KCUMB starts sending secondaries later in the cycle. Hopefully you will get a secondary today or early next week. Again good luck to everyone else applying.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was sent on the first day it was open and according to AACOMAS, it was sent on 6/21. I got the rejection email yesterday, but I also heard that KCUMB starts sending secondaries later in the cycle. Hopefully you will get a secondary today or early next week. Again good luck to everyone else applying.

I submitted my application on the 1st day and was verified on the 2nd day lol:p
still heard nothing yet.

3.25 overall? or 3.25 for sGPA and cGPA?

You need a 3.25 cum and a 3.25 science or you will get screened out. I've already had a few friends get rejected this cycle. Seems like their cutoffs are more strict this cycle

Should I send my LORs right now or wait till the secondary?

You need a 3.25 cum and a 3.25 science or you will get screened out. I've already had a few friends get rejected this cycle. Seems like their cutoffs are more strict this cycle

I thought KCUMB's min requirements were 3.0 for both, so I misguidedly applied with a 3.0/3.23. I still haven't received my rejection email...

darn
if that's true, then my sGPA will kick me in the ass :thumbdown:

My app was released to KCUMB on 7/10. I received a "Learn more about KCUMB / Thank you for applying" email on 7/15, but no secondary yet....

My numbers aren't below the cut offs...anybody else in the same boat?

My app was released to KCUMB on 7/10. I received a "Learn more about KCUMB / Thank you for applying" email on 7/15, but no secondary yet....

My numbers aren't below the cut offs...anybody else in the same boat?

As far as I know, now one has received a secondary yet. I predict they will be sent out this upcoming week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does AACOMAS include graduate if the COM does not include it?

Sorry for the confusion. If you have a graduate GPA, then they average it with your undergrad GPA. Unfortunately, as a biomedical graduate student, I was more inclined to take classes that were science specific. Therefore, my overall sGPA was raised by my graduate studies, but my cGPA was not raised too much higher due to the amount of credits I took as an undergraduate.

is anyone else having issues making an account on their site? for some reason it's rejecting my AACOMAS number.

My primary for this school released July 4.

I haven't gotten a secondary invite yet. :/ I think it may be because my MCAT score was only released last week, so maybe they haven't downloaded it yet? I emailed admissions to make sure.

I didn't have any problem making my account. Is employment as cancer research assistant considered health care related profession?

is anyone else having issues making an account on their site? for some reason it's rejecting my AACOMAS number.
Yes, I am having the same problem. Have you tried contacting them? I'm sure it's something that they will have resolved within the next couple days.

What is the secondary prompt?

Describe your motivation for applying to KCUMB's College of Osteopathic Medicine, and address the unique qualities and characteristics you would bring to our University and the osteopathic profession. (2500 characters)

It's basically the diversity question combined with the why osteopathic medicine question.

Got secondary. Maybe it's just me but the form seems glitchy :(
Using Google Chrome.

Whew! I first read the requirement as 2,500 words vs. 2,500 characters and was getting prepared to write my first novel. Panic button has been deactivated. ;)

So I received an email saying I would not be invited to fill out the secondary....confused....GPA 3.65 MCAT 24

So I received an email saying I would not be invited to fill out the secondary....confused....GPA 3.65 MCAT 24

Were you lacking in health care experience??

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sorry to hear that, sino11. It's good they send you an email one way or the other, though. Since I haven't gotten an email at all, I'm assuming an oversight re: MCAT scores (see my post above). My stats are 3.80 cGPA, 3.50 sGPA, and 31 MCAT.

I haven't got anything yet. I wonder if they are just waiting on my summer grades

Just finished my essay answers and I'm at a little above 3000 chars. Time to trim it down a bit!

Sent from my SPH-L720

If one of your subsections was below a 7 then they would screen you.... Still sucks. :(

I'm using firefox and the form won't even let me save/log out. Completely unresponsive.

I got to the essay page and it wouldn't let me logout/save until I put a word in the essay field.

I got to the essay page and it wouldn't let me logout/save until I put a word in the essay field.

What's the essay question so that I can write it while the ridiculous system sorts itself out?

What's the essay question so that I can write it while the ridiculous system sorts itself out?

Describe your motivation for applying to KCUMB’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, and address the unique qualities and characteristics you would bring to our University and the osteopathic profession. (2500 characters)

I just received a secondary. My MCAT score is 24, but I have indicated a retake on Saturday. I didn't think they would send me one until I got a retake score...maybe the like me. 3.50 cGPA, 3.94 sGPA 80 hours shadowing D.O. and 60 hours non healthcare related volunteer experience.

Call them and ask what you can do to improve your application for next year if you want to find out why. You'll get in somewhere....just need to apply to many schools

I also have a 24 with no planned retake and received a secondary. Not sure what it was about your app, but probably not that unless you are below a 7 in a section.

Anyone get a complete email?