Kansas City University (KCUMB-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They are usually pretty quick once you turn in your secondary, most of the time between 2-5 days. It only took 36 hours to get my interview invite back last year. That being said, I applied later in the cycle. It's still early.

Members don't see this ad.

They are usually pretty quick once you turn in your secondary, most of the time between 2-5 days. It only took 36 hours to get my interview invite back last year. That being said, I applied later in the cycle. It's still early.

Are you a MS1 there?

Anyone know how to go about utilitizing the Fee Waiver for the secondary? I have e-mailed them, but figured I'd ask here in the meantime if anyone else encountered this.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks man. Are u currently an ms1 at kcumb?

I'd like to know as well!

I just emailed a copy of the email from AACOMAS regarding my fee waiver award. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'll let you guys know.

Do you guys think its okay to send LORs before we get a secondary?

Anyone know how to go about utilitizing the Fee Waiver for the secondary? I have e-mailed them, but figured I'd ask here in the meantime if anyone else encountered this.

I just emailed a copy of the email from AACOMAS regarding my fee waiver award. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'll let you guys know.

How have you guys been taking care of your fee waivers at other schools?

Does the secondary application 2500 character limit include spaces like the AACOMAS personal statement or exclude them towards the total character count?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the secondary application 2500 character limit include spaces like the AACOMAS personal statement or exclude them towards the total character count?

I don't think it does .. The essay box has a counter at the bottom that shows the character and word count.

Submitted the secondary today and sent my letters of rec.
Seems like kcumb doesn't offer interviews until late August/ early September. Now the waiting begins!

Yes, I am having the same problem. Have you tried contacting them? I'm sure it's something that they will have resolved within the next couple days.

I've tried to call twice and left an email but still no response. This is getting a little frustrating. It's been almost a week and I still can't even touch the application.

I've tried to call twice and left an email but still no response. This is getting a little frustrating. It's been almost a week and I still can't even touch the application.

dude calm down...orientation for 1st years just started today so the admissions department has been a bit busy getting them all taken care of

I wouldn't expect a response until at least Wednesday, maybe Friday. [Due to orientation as listed above.] If you have everything submitted at this point, take a deep breath, smile, and move on to your next secondary... or go see a movie. You are in a great spot.

KCUMB contacted me today, but i contacted them on friday

I was frustrated because I had received the secondary but it wasn't working due to some browser-related issue. Finally got it to work with Firefox though :)

Was kcumb formerly known as Uhs-com?

Anyone not received a secondary yet? I may email them. For some reason both AT Stills had issues with my email...

Secondary isn't out yet I believe

Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk 2

Anyone not received a secondary yet? I may email them. For some reason both AT Stills had issues with my email...

I haven't received an e-mail from them regarding a secondary, be it a rejection email or a secondary email.

I haven't received an e-mail from them regarding a secondary, be it a rejection email or a secondary email.

+1

And my stats are 3.74c 3.81s 27 MCAT with 100s of hours of EC's. I'm rather bummed I haven't gotten one yet :(

+1

And my stats are 3.74c 3.81s 27 MCAT with 100s of hours of EC's. I'm rather bummed I haven't gotten one yet :(

You know I'm pretty sure it depends on the order they received your application. They probably take the time to actually process your application and we should be coming up soon. I think most schools just send out a mass email with secondaries, but that has the potential of creating a bottle neck of applicants applying at the same time. They're more than likely a true rolling basis system.

+1

Me either, I didn't know about both gpa's needing to be 3.25. I have a 3.19 sgpa :/
Received the 'info' email in mid-July but still nothing from KCUMB, I have been running to the mail for a rejection but nothing yet.

If you get rejected it will probably be an email

You know I'm pretty sure it depends on the order they received your application. They probably take the time to actually process your application and we should be coming up soon. I think most schools just send out a mass email with secondaries, but that has the potential of creating a bottle neck of applicants applying at the same time. They're more than likely a true rolling basis system.

Interesting. I think I was released 6/21.. like the 1st or second day.

Oh well, glad to know I'm not alone.

you know i'm pretty sure it depends on the order they received your application. They probably take the time to actually process your application and we should be coming up soon. i think most schools just send out a mass email with secondaries, but that has the potential of creating a bottle neck of applicants applying at the same time. They're more than likely a true rolling basis system.

+1

Do you think one would get screened out at with 2.97 sGPA, but a 3.4 cGPA?

Unfortunately, yes. The new administration is very serious about the 3.25 cutoffs. If it was a 3.24 then maybe but applying with a sub 3 at Kcumb will only be a waste of money. Your overall cum gpa is very good and I think depending on your mcat you are probably very competitive at other schools. Sorry for the bad news :(

Minimum Academic Requirements

24 MCAT (no less than a 7 in any one subject)
3.25 Science GPA
3.25 Overall/Cumulative GPA

^ Copied from their website. I wouldn't waste the $35 to apply to this school if I were you. They will reject you pre-secondary.

Minimum Academic Requirements

24 MCAT (no less than a 7 in any one subject)
3.25 Science GPA
3.25 Overall/Cumulative GPA

^ Copied from their website. I wouldn't waste the $35 to apply to this school if I were you. They will reject you pre-secondary.

I've got a 26R 3.37 cGPA 3.39 sGPA. Hopefully, I hear something and get an interview!

I've got a 26R 3.37 cGPA 3.39 sGPA. Hopefully, I hear something and get an interview!

Good luck! It seems lots of people are having problems accessing their secondary so if you have already submitted your secondary, you are ahead in the game!

Good luck! It seems lots of people are having problems accessing their secondary so if you have already submitted your secondary, you are ahead in the game!

I haven't received a secondary yet, but I was released by AACOMAS 7/25. So, I'm sure I'll get that soon.

Submitted this morning. Do you get a final complete email? I got a receipt and an automated email saying they've received my app.

This place sure is taking its time to send out those secondaries. Hopefully, this ins't a silent rejection.

This place sure is taking its time to send out those secondaries. Hopefully, this ins't a silent rejection.

White coat ceremony was tonight. Relax. Despite what you read on Sdn,It is still very early. :)

Yeah this site seriously gives me stomach ulcers.

Hell yea! One of the worst ones right now is the nova thread. Seems like they are handing out interviews like hot cakes and already in to September dates. Don't get me started LECOM with acceptances already...

Submitted this morning. Do you get a final complete email? I got a receipt and an automated email saying they've received my app.

I submitted on 7/31/13, and I received no complete email as of yet.

Should I call about not getting a secondary? I only got one email saying thanks for applying and some reasons why I should go to KCUMB.

Should I call about not getting a secondary? I only got one email saying thanks for applying and some reasons why I should go to KCUMB.

I got that about a week before receiving my secondary. If its been a week, I would. Can't hurt!