Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete on 8/21, interviewed 10/5, and accepted 10/14. I'm also currently doing a master's, I sent Annette an update of my current grades in September and was offered an interview pretty much the next day! I would definitely recommend sending a screenshot of current grades and a LOI. They seem to be very responsive to updates and maintaining contact.
That's actually what I did before they sent the email.. They got my letter and I received there email a few days later. Not sure why, I did really well on my first round of exams.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys -- I am accepted here and am seriously considering matriculating. I am hoping to get some more info from current students about the PBL pathway -- in particular, how often are you on campus? When I say that, I mean how often are you "required" to be on campus? (i.e. not including library time you use for studying)... Is it only for anatomy lab and then the three PBL days? If so, are the PBL days usually three days in a row, or are they spread out throughout the week? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what percentage of interviewees are accepted?

Declining my acceptance here, I hope one of you fine people get it!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have an idea of what type of student they are looking for in their interviews?

First II! Complete like last Monday. Stats: cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.5, MCAT 505: 130/122/127/126, 4 years in BioPharma

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview here next week.. and apparently I will have a panel interview as opposed to a group interview according to my email II... Has anyone had a panel interview here yet?

My II mentions the panel interview as well. Any idea what it could include?

Reactions: 1 user
II a couple of days ago, will be interviewing 12/4. Anyone who is interviewing there would like to share a hotel room? i am going to be spending a lot of money on travel expenses. lol

For everyone who selected regular decision, did you find out your decision yet?

How much study time do students get for COMLEX? 1 month?

During interview day they had huge curriculum packets on the tables but I forgot to check out this fact.

Anybody have an idea?

Hi guys -- I am accepted here and am seriously considering matriculating. I am hoping to get some more info from current students about the PBL pathway -- in particular, how often are you on campus? When I say that, I mean how often are you "required" to be on campus? (i.e. not including library time you use for studying)... Is it only for anatomy lab and then the three PBL days? If so, are the PBL days usually three days in a row, or are they spread out throughout the week? Thank you in advance!

I am a first year student and so far this semester I have been on campus almost every day M-F. PBL is every MWF, OPP lab is Tuesdays and OPP and clinical exam lectures are on Thursdays. It is only for a couple of hours every day but you still have to come once a day.

For those who interviewed today, how was it? I know some of you mentioned a panel interview, any advice would be appreciated!

For those who interviewed today, how was it? I know some of you mentioned a panel interview, any advice would be appreciated!
It was pretty low key and painless all things considered. Nothing that I would consider a panel interview. One group interview and one individual interview. Mm I style in that they gave you a prompt to respond to. Overall not too bad. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Does LECOM-B have a simulation lab? I loved the school but I didn't see this on my tour (and I'm not sure whether to be concerned about it or not). Do current med students have an opinion on whether this is an important feature for a medical school to have or not?

I am a first year student and so far this semester I have been on campus almost every day M-F. PBL is every MWF, OPP lab is Tuesdays and OPP and clinical exam lectures are on Thursdays. It is only for a couple of hours every day but you still have to come once a day.

Hey!

Do u happen to know how long u guys get to study for boards?

So are there any lectures at all to cover material, in person or recorded? Or are you just given textbooks and material to read for the PBL?

Hey!

Do u happen to know how long u guys get to study for boards?

I am not sure but I will look into it for you!

So are there any lectures at all to cover material, in person or recorded? Or are you just given textbooks and material to read for the PBL?

Anatomy, clinical exam and OPP are lecture based for the entire course. We also have mini courses in behavioral science, human sexuality, health care management, geriatrics, etc that are lecture based or online. PBL itself is reading.

Does LECOM-B have a simulation lab? I loved the school but I didn't see this on my tour (and I'm not sure whether to be concerned about it or not). Do current med students have an opinion on whether this is an important feature for a medical school to have or not?

We don't have one on campus but there is one nearby that is used. From my understanding, we don't use it often. It would be nice to have but it's not number one on my priority list. If it's important to you, NSU has a great one.

Hi everyone if I'm still on a pre secondary hold, is it advised to get in contact with the school or is it best to just wait my turn?

Withdrawing my II for 11/20, I hope that it goes to one of you peeps :)

Hi everyone if I'm still on a pre secondary hold, is it advised to get in contact with the school or is it best to just wait my turn?
Just call them and ask what's up. Be polite.

After waiting a few weeks without a secondary, I called in to verify receipt of my application. They sent me the secondary 15 minutes after we hung up.

Accepted!!! Interviewed in August and selected regular decision

Accepted!! Notified by email from Annette - interviewed 9/11.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Great school but I will be declining the offer, hope one of you all gets it.

Complete early august, Interviewed late August

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what they said during interview about them changing the rotations? I forgot, and need to make a decision about this school in 2 weeks

After waiting a few weeks without a secondary, I called in to verify receipt of my application. They sent me the secondary 15 minutes after we hung up.

Did you get an email confirming receipt of your primary? I've been waiting a week with no confirmation.

Hey everyone! So I have been accepted to a few schools so far but being a Florida resident I would really like to get an II from LECOM-B. Do you think it would be too much for me to contact the dean of the school by email and let him know how interested I am in attending this school? I would preferably like to stay in Florida and tuition would be cheaper for being instate here compared to other schools and they seem to have a good match rate. I was notified online that my app would be re-reviewed in 60 days and that was about 60 days ago. What do you all think? Too pushy to email him?

Hey everyone! So I have been accepted to a few schools so far but being a Florida resident I would really like to get an II from LECOM-B. Do you think it would be too much for me to contact the dean of the school by email and let him know how interested I am in attending this school? I would preferably like to stay in Florida and tuition would be cheaper for being instate here compared to other schools and they seem to have a good match rate. I was notified online that my app would be re-reviewed in 60 days and that was about 60 days ago. What do you all think? Too pushy to email him?

It really couldnt hurt to write a letter of intent/or interest in the school!! I was accepted to this school and I am seriously thinking of going, even though I have been accepted to 4 other places!! I think you should definitely try, it never hurts!

It really couldnt hurt to write a letter of intent/or interest in the school!! I was accepted to this school and I am seriously thinking of going, even though I have been accepted to 4 other places!! I think you should definitely try, it never hurts!
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? And are you IS?

First II! Complete like last Monday. Stats: cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.5, MCAT 505: 130/122/127/126, 4 years in BioPharma

Congrats!! How were you notified your app was complete? Also, how long after submitting were you marked complete?

All by email
Complete recieved 10/26
Processed 10/27
II extended 11/3

How long after you submitted the secondary did the complete email come through? I got the "We received your supplemental application for the D.O. Program at the LECOMBradenton Campus, a payment receipt with the subject "Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation", will be sent to your mailbox upon completion of the payment transaction. Until you receive an e-mail with this subject, your card has not been charged" email the minute I submitted my secondary-- is that the "complete" email or is it something different? The portal says my app is complete, but I haven't received any emails.

How long after you submitted the secondary did the complete email come through? I got the "We received your supplemental application for the D.O. Program at the LECOMBradenton Campus, a payment receipt with the subject "Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation", will be sent to your mailbox upon completion of the payment transaction. Until you receive an e-mail with this subject, your card has not been charged" email the minute I submitted my secondary-- is that the "complete" email or is it something different? The portal says my app is complete, but I haven't received any emails.
It was same day. I would call if its been a while. Calling and talking to a person helps 99% of the time

Via Annette - accepted Nov. 11!!! $1,500 nonrefundable check (applied to tuition) is due Dec. 15th. Definitely securing that spot. PM me if you have questions about LECOM-B or would like to know my thoughts on the school.
*unable to PM you, but congrats! Any advice for the interview??

I just secured my spot this week for LECOM! Anyone know if there is a fb group for accepted students for LECOM-Bradenton Class of 2020?