Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
True but what makes you think LECOM is not staffed by highway robbers? After all they do employ ninjas to make sure your dressed they way they like and never bring water in the building....:ninja:

Anyway that looks like a warning to people to let them know you can't just apply to LECOM-B and expect to be considered at LECOM-E without having both schools on AACOMAS and filling a secondary for both... I think you read way to much into that email...

Instead of just speculating on the internet more from others who haven't spoken with Admissions I will call tomorrow and see what they say, regardless. This whole process is highway robbery in terms of cost.

I'll be sure to post here when I speak with Admissions soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Instead of just speculating on the internet more from others who haven't spoken with Admissions I will call tomorrow and see what they say, regardless. This whole process is highway robbery in terms of cost.

Good idea...facts speak louder then speculations.....

You guys make me laugh ;) I've been following this thread and I was wondering why nobody just called to set the record straight. Good on ya Veritas and hopefully they give you a straight answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys make me laugh ;) I've been following this thread and I was wondering why nobody just called to set the record straight. Good on ya Veritas and hopefully they give you a straight answer.

He had to call because if I did and told him he was hosed he would have called anyway. So it a call if you do call if you dont situation. Glad I could entertain.

Hello fellow LECOM-B 2016er, grab a seat next to me: :corny:

To all the current applicants, for what it's worth, I decided to look at my old emails. This is what I found:

I applied to both campus selections on the AACOMAS. A month later, I was contacted by the Bradenton campus to fill out the secondary. I must have just filled out both secondaries without being requested to do so by Erie, because I do not have the same email from Erie saying that they received by AACOMAS app and instructions on completing the secondary. The same day, I received an email from both campuses telling me they had received my application fee ($50 x 2). I also received an email the same day from both campuses telling me they had received my completed secondary application.

Anyways, about a week later I got an email from the Erie campus telling me that they processed my secondary application, also giving me log-in information. I didn't get the same email from the Bradenton campus until a few weeks later (one month after submitting both secondaries and fees). About a week after I got that Bradenton email, I got an interview invitation via email... four days in advance. Went to my interview, rocked it, then waited for about a couple weeks because I didn't have all of my letters in yet... called a couple days after I knew they received my letters and found out that I was accepted.... the rest is history!

Hope that settles some nerves.

To all the current applicants, for what it's worth, I decided to look at my old emails. This is what I found:

I applied to both campus selections on the AACOMAS. A month later, I was contacted by the Bradenton campus to fill out the secondary. I must have just filled out both secondaries without being requested to do so by Erie, because I do not have the same email from Erie saying that they received by AACOMAS app and instructions on completing the secondary. The same day, I received an email from both campuses telling me they had received my application fee ($50 x 2). I also received an email the same day from both campuses telling me they had received my completed secondary application.

Anyways, about a week later I got an email from the Erie campus telling me that they processed my secondary application, also giving me log-in information. I didn't get the same email from the Bradenton campus until a few weeks later (one month after submitting both secondaries and fees). About a week after I got that Bradenton email, I got an interview invitation via email... four days in advance. Went to my interview, rocked it, then waited for about a couple weeks because I didn't have all of my letters in yet... called a couple days after I knew they received my letters and found out that I was accepted.... the rest is history!

:wow: Yep.... way better

Did you ever hear about an interview from Erie? (Or did you just cancel all other apps once you were accepted at Bradenton?).

Did you ever hear about an interview from Erie? (Or did you just cancel all other apps once you were accepted at Bradenton?).

Never heard anything more from Erie other than we received your application, it will be reviewed shortly. I am from Florida so I am almost positive that had something to do with it. I didn't mind, either.

I talked to admissions the other day and they said it will not be a problem.

/topic

I know probably not directed at me, but I'll answer anyhow. I submitted both apps just about simultaneously and had interviews at Erie and Bradenton scheduled about a month apart (so yeah, how did they think that was going to work with a 30 day deposit deadline ;) thankfully Bradenton was first and thankfully I'd rather have come here. After my acceptance I attended one other interview and cancelled the rest after that, including Erie.

Neurolax, are you in Bradenton yet? I'm trying to guess who you might be from the Facebook group. ;) hah.

Received an email to submit the secondary and submitted this morning

I hope so! I'll take you on and raise you Monday...:xf:

winternet.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Never received any emails from LECOM (Erie/Seton Hill and Bradenton) even though my application was released on 6/28. No emails about having received my primary, no emails about secondaries...:( Did they lose my application? Doesn't everyone get a notification email about their primary?

Never received any emails from LECOM (Erie/Seton Hill and Bradenton) even though my application was released on 6/28. No emails about having received my primary, no emails about secondaries...:( Did they lose my application? Doesn't everyone get a notification email about their primary?
I got a confirmation email from Erie saying they received my primary and are processing it. I haven't heard anything since.

Never got an email about my primary, but got the secondary this morning.

Still waiting for secondary. I was really hoping to get it today since I want to fill out one that doesn't have essay questions.

secondary received and submitted :) feels nice not to answer any prompts.

OMG yes I got the secondary email half an hour ago! It was in my spam mail folder for some reason. Does anyone know if LECOM waives secondary fees if you have the AACOMAS fee waiver?

OMG yes I got the secondary email half an hour ago! It was in my spam mail folder for some reason. Does anyone know if LECOM waives secondary fees if you have the AACOMAS fee waiver?

GOOD CALL.. damn i checked my spam folder it was sitting in there

thanks buddy:thumbup:

What happens if I submit the secondary for LECOM-Erie twice accidentally? The first time, I closed the browser accidentally before submitting my payment information, so I filled it out again and submitted, but paid the second time. Apparently, they downloaded the first one too because I remember reading that it says that it was downloaded (even before I paid) and said not to submit another if I had trouble paying. I didn't have trouble paying, but I closed it accidentally the first time so I had to fill it out again. The second time I filled it out I paid. Has this happened to anyone?

What happens if I submit the secondary for LECOM-Erie twice accidentally? The first time, I closed the browser accidentally before submitting my payment information, so I filled it out again and submitted, but paid the second time. Apparently, they downloaded the first one too because I remember reading that it says that it was downloaded (even before I paid) and said not to submit another if I had trouble paying. I didn't have trouble paying, but I closed it accidentally the first time so I had to fill it out again. The second time I filled it out I paid. Has this happened to anyone?

Accidents happen. I'd call them or shoot them an e-mail explaining the matter. I'm sure they'll say its okay and discard the secondary that wasn't paid. But contact them to make sure.

So glad you guys mentioned the spam folder mine was sitting in there too

So glad you guys mentioned the spam folder mine was sitting in there too

Yeah, it threw me for a loop too, because the "new" gmail doesn't even show a spam folder unless you enable it. I bet a lot of applicants are going to be waiting and wondering this go around...wonder why it gets spammed?

Soooo, as students, I wonder if we would get free access to the new medical fitness center at LECOM?

If so, Ive always like LECOM, but its now my new favorite school ;)

Soooo, as students, I wonder if we would get free access to the new medical fitness center at LECOM?

If so, Ive always like LECOM, but its now my new favorite school ;)

Last year during my interview they said the fitness center is part of the tuition :) the facility was awesome! It'd be nice to lift weights in there, get in shape for OMM lab ha.

Sooo I'd really like that secondary :mad:

make sure you check your junk mail for it. If its still not there, wait it out, I'm sure it'll come. When was your primary submitted? mine was 6/24 and got the secondary yesterday.

make sure you check your junk mail for it. If its still not there, wait it out, I'm sure it'll come. When was your primary submitted? mine was 6/24 and got the secondary yesterday.

6/24 as well. Nothin' in junk mail. I'm sure it's on its way i'm just a little anxious ATM.

Secondary submitted...

my favorite secondary yet.....

To the current students..i already have a DO letter but I doubt he covered half of the evaluation questions LECOM has on its evaluator forms. Thoughts?

So I applied to bradenton, not erie, and this morning I received an email from bradenton's email address saying my application is complete for LECOM - Erie. Did anyone else have this happen to them?

Wow I submitted 06/02 and haven't gotten a secondary. I hope it's just because I don't have MCAT scores yet.

Wow I submitted 06/02 and haven't gotten a secondary. I hope it's just because I don't have MCAT scores yet.

It maybe because LECOM does all of it consideration for an interview based on your primary. After they invite you to interview then they want LORs.... So it makes sense that they really need scores before you can go any further

I have been verified and submitted to LECOM-Erie but my MCAT scores are below their minimum, so I am currently studying to retake. Do you think I will get screened out before I receive a secondary? Anyone know who I should email at Erie to hold my application until my new scores come in? I've already emailed Bradenton and they said they would hold my application.

It maybe because LECOM does all of it consideration for an interview based on your primary. After they invite you to interview then they want LORs.... So it makes sense that they really need scores before you can go any further
Cool thanks for the reply.

They don't ask for your LORs until after your interview???

They don't ask for your LORs until after your interview???

precisely. only if you get offered an interview will they need your LOR's. you can get it to them after the interview, but they need them in order to make an acceptance/rejection/waitlist decision.

I have been verified and submitted to LECOM-Erie but my MCAT scores are below their minimum, so I am currently studying to retake. Do you think I will get screened out before I receive a secondary? Anyone know who I should email at Erie to hold my application until my new scores come in? I've already emailed Bradenton and they said they would hold my application.

Id just email admissions...

They don't ask for your LORs until after your interview???[/QUOTE]

No they request your LORs after they invite you to interview and review them after they interview you. LECOM and DMU are some of the fastest schools out there. They are both known to send out acceptances in freaking October.... Yeah they can be really fast or really slow. It depends so don't worry about LORs until LECOM asks you for them. Sending them early is shooting yourself in the foot.

Anyone know if LECOM accepts Canadians? They say they accept internationals on the website, but i just want top know if they actually follow through on it or do like PCOM and not really accept.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

Anyone know if LECOM accepts Canadians? They say they accept internationals on the website, but i just want top know if they actually follow through on it or do like PCOM and not really accept.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

Erie is almost in Canada as it is. If any school is friend to Canooks it is this school.

I was wondering why I had not received my secondary from here, and sure enough, it was in my spam folder. Stupid gmail.