Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wasn't the envelope so small for an acceptance??? Really freaked me out before I opened it. Haha!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
2nd app submitted: 8/11
II: 8/13
Interviewed: 8/29
Current Status: 'Your application is under review' - This changed last Thursday (9/25) from the 'Thank you for interviewing...' and I'm still waiting for an update. Nervous to the high heavens

Guess we have to wait for our rejection letter a little longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got home from my WVSOM interview and found my LECOM letter. ACCEPTED AHHHHHH GONNA BE A DOCTOR!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
Just got home from my WVSOM interview and found my LECOM letter. ACCEPTED AHHHHHH GONNA BE A DOCTOR!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
WOOOOO Awesome!!!! Congrats!! How was WVSOM interview? I have one there coming up, too!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! CA resident. Interviewed 9/5

YAYAY :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
I am happy for everyone but now getting nervous because so many people are being accepted and I'm not interviewing til October 10. Ahhh! I might have to stop reading the forums!

Stopped getting accepted until I get accepted...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wasn't the envelope so small for an acceptance??? Really freaked me out before I opened it. Haha!

I had the opposite thought. It seemed thick. A total rejection would probably just be a page or two. Anything more than that seemed like good news.

Stopped getting accepted until I get accepted...
I wish your answer were here, too. You better tell me when you get your first acceptance, so I will stop fretting about you.

I am happy for everyone but now getting nervous because so many people are being accepted and I'm not interviewing til October 10. Ahhh! I might have to stop reading the forums!

Don't panic. Remember that some people who get accepted will get other acceptances elsewhere, as well. They will not all go to LECOM. That will mean seats will open up. You don't need lots of seats to be open... just one for you.

Just so you all know:
Submitted 6/3, complete 7/8, II 7/11, interview 8/8, accepted 9/29!

[
I had the opposite thought. It seemed thick. A total rejection would probably just be a page or two. Anything more than that seemed like good news.

I wish your answer were here, too. You better tell me when you get your first acceptance, so I will stop fretting about you.

Don't panic. Remember that some people who get accepted will get other acceptances elsewhere, as well. They will not all go to LECOM. That will mean seats will open up. You don't need lots of seats to be open... just one for you.

Advice I got from an Osteopathic physician.............The dust will not settle until April. (or even later!) As Promethean stated, some will get accepted elsewhere and seats will open up at many schools! Bumping is going to occur. Some members in this physician's class were contacted the day before classes began who were place on the alternate list and offered a seat. It is not over until it is over. Bumping is going to happen at every school. Even those who submit their deposit of 1500 dollars might go elsewhere if LECOM is not their first choice and they get acceptance to their number 1. It is very early. It is great to know this early but the majority will not know until months from now! Do not give up faith. You did the best you could do. Prepare for the best and hope for the best!

Addition to my comment above..................EVERYONE fill out the fafsa form in January............................whether you heard or not! Some will be called late!

Just so you all know:
Submitted 6/3, complete 7/8, II 7/11, interview 8/8, accepted 9/29!
I was exactly like you except my interview date was a week before. It is a four month timetable for sure! Glad I do not have to go through this again! It ended up great but hard on the nerves. I went into an interview at another school and could not believe what came out of my mouth because of my anxiety. I can laugh about it now but it was not funny at the time!

Thanks, everyone. I know it is early and I got my apps in a little later than I wanted to because I got married mid August! Just keep swimming... just keep swimming!

Thanks, everyone. I know it is early and I got my apps in a little later than I wanted to because I got married mid August! Just keep swimming... just keep swimming!

Amazing :)

2nd app submitted: 8/11
II: 8/13
Interviewed: 8/29
Current Status: 'Your application is under review' - This changed last Thursday (9/25) from the 'Thank you for interviewing...' and I'm still waiting for an update. Nervous to the high heavens

I just contacted LECOM's admissions committee. I was afraid that I had accidentally missed opting for early decision. She confirmed to me that I am being considered for ED. They supposedly haven't made decisions for everyone yet (including mine) and will do in a week or two.

I just contacted LECOM's admissions committee. I was afraid that I had accidentally missed opting for early decision. She confirmed to me that I am being considered for ED. They supposedly haven't made decisions for everyone yet (including mine) and will do in a week or two.

A week or two? What about that whole 'ED means by September 30th'?? Ugh, I wonder why we got put in the 'postpone until later' stack. I need to go Clorox my desk at work, now. All of this anxiety makes me the cleanest person ever.

A week or two? What about that whole 'ED means by September 30th'?? Ugh, I wonder why we got put in the 'postpone until later' stack. I need to go Clorox my desk at work, now. All of this anxiety makes me the cleanest person ever.

It means it's an rejection for us.

lololol...totally know what you mean. I think Sept 30th was just a median date. Some people found out earlier, and some will find out later. What will be, will be...you have nothing that you can do in your hands to change what's meant to happen. Enjoy the cleaning meantime :).

So deposit for me due Oct 27, when are transcripts due though ?

Is LECOM your top choice?

Not quite but PCOM will give me a decision in November. So I have to at minimum send the deposit. I need to know if I should send transcripts as well

Not quite but PCOM will give me a decision in November. So I have to at minimum send the deposit. I need to know if I should send transcripts as well
They want your final transcripts by July or Junes 1st I believe. It's in the matriculation agreement. But if you've graduated I guess you can send it in now.

Final transcripts due July 1, if I recall correctly. You certainly don't need to send them with your deposit. They only become relevant if you are going to go there.

So, @ah24m , you are going to make the deposit, but hold out hope for PCOM? I can understand that. I don't share that sentiment, but I get it. For me, the first school that said yes was the right one for me.

I have received a II from LECOM. Would my chances be greatly diminished if I interviewed in December?

Final transcripts due July 1, if I recall correctly. You certainly don't need to send them with your deposit. They only become relevant if you are going to go there.

So, @ah24m , you are going to make the deposit, but hold out hope for PCOM? I can understand that. I don't share that sentiment, but I get it. For me, the first school that said yes was the right one for me.

That's correct. I love both schools but I have close family who attend Temple in Philly, and I'm looking to push specialization, and in the city and PCOM the opportunities are slightly better than at LECOM.

If rejected from PCOM I totally would have no qualms about attending LECOM, my very close second choice. And I totally wish you guys luck there!

Just sucks that I'll be out 1500 if accepted to PCOM, but I knew this was an option. I chose ED only because of my own impatience and because I didn't want to risk losing my seat...

Last edited:
I interviewed at Seton Hill in March of last year and now I'm a first year. December isn't too late for LECOM.
Great!!! They seem to have a large timeframe of applications. I will book my interview in December then.

Great!!! They seem to have a large timeframe of applications. I will book my interview in December then.
I am sort of regretting scheduling my interview for Oct 10 because that is SO SOON and it is my first one. I wanted to get it done and go in without over-thinking everything, I suppose.

I am sort of regretting scheduling my interview for Oct 10 because that is SO SOON and it is my first one. I wanted to get it done and go in without over-thinking everything, I suppose.
Lecom's interview is the most relaxed interview I have been to. But I was nervous and my insides were shaking. It was my first too.

Lecom's interview is the most relaxed interview I have been to. But I was nervous and my insides were shaking. It was my first too.

Cool!

Last edited:
It did pop my interview cherry and it felt good when it gave me an acceptance aha

Gl everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Yup I was so scared as LECOM was my first. But it was so chill. I don't even know what they saw in me that got me accepted I was pretty unremarkable.

Yup I was so scared as LECOM was my first. But it was so chill. I don't even know what they saw in me that got me accepted I was pretty unremarkable.
Well, considering what I've heard as some interview answers at LECOM, I'm sure you were great!

I am shadowing a DO (gastroenterologist) that mentors LECOM Erie/Seton Hill 3rd and 4th years for the rest of this week. I'm pretty excited and hopefully he can give me some tips!

I really think that the group interview is done mostly as a check to verify that you aren't a total loon, or at least that you can keep it together for an hour long conversation. I believe that if you get invited to an interview this early in the season, they are pretty sure they like you and you are likely to at least get waitlisted. I would expect rejections to be relatively few at this stage of the game. Why would they bother interviewing folks that they aren't pretty sure about, given how many great applicants they have to choose from?

I really think that the group interview is done mostly as a check to verify that you aren't a total loon, or at least that you can keep it together for an hour long conversation. I believe that if you get invited to an interview this early in the season, they are pretty sure they like you and you are likely to at least get waitlisted. I would expect rejections to be relatively few at this stage of the game. Why would they bother interviewing folks that they aren't pretty sure about, given how many great applicants they have to choose from?
But I really do wonder how many acceptances they sent out. Because there were at least 8 interview sessions with at least 20 persons per interview day. My interview day was at least 30+ people. I also felt like I didn't stand out much!

First of his name. OOS, 3.52, 32. Complete 8/13. II 8/21. Interviewed (Erie) 9/19. Missing D.O. letter.

My LECOM interview, my first medical school interview, positively changed my views on medicine. LECOM is a just and honorable institution that breeds professionalism and altruism. The students are approachable and the staff are friendly- all unparalleled in work ethic, all destined for success. LECOM deserves a larger campus and more titles. Regrettably, my lack of a D.O. letter, my distance to House Erie, and my interest in other schools have culminated in my withdrawal.

I just wanted to say, the men and women of LECOM are genuinely interested in helping people realize their dreams of practicing medicine. They care nothing for the arrogance shown by many allopathic schools. They are purely devoted to producing competent healthcare professionals. I am certain that anyone here with the potential and the heart to succeed as a medical student will hear great tidings from LECOM sooner or later. For you neurotic low-borns, they are generous with acceptances and interviews- just as a society characterized by a need for primary care doctors should be. Lord of Light guide you all.

"King Stannis Baratheon, First of his name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, and Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine." A worthy title to behold.

Reactions: 8 users
First of his name. OOS, 3.52, 32. Complete 8/13. II 8/21. Interviewed (Erie) 9/19. Missing D.O. letter.

My LECOM interview, my first medical school interview, positively changed my views on medicine. LECOM is a just and honorable institution that breeds professionalism and altruism. The students are approachable and the staff are friendly- all unparalleled in work ethic, all destined for success. LECOM deserves a larger campus and more titles. Regrettably, my lack of a D.O. letter, my distance to House Erie, and my interest in other schools have culminated in my withdrawal.

I just wanted to say, the men and women of LECOM are genuinely interested in helping people realize their dreams of practicing medicine. They care nothing for the arrogance shown by many allopathic schools. They are purely devoted to producing competent healthcare professionals. I am certain that anyone here with the potential and the heart to succeed as a medical student will hear great tidings from LECOM sooner or later. For you neurotic low-borns, they are generous with acceptances and interviews- just as a society characterized by a need for primary care doctors should be. Lord of Light guide you all.

"King Stannis Baratheon, First of his name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, and Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine." A worthy title to behold.

That's kinda why I want to go there but apparently/obviously, they don't want me.

That's kinda why I want to go there but apparently/obviously, they don't want me.

CHILL OUT and stop being so pessimistic. You say you're joking then post all this negative stuff. Enough.