****Legitimate UoP Class of 2017 Thread****

Also finally got the under review email. Hoping to hear back from them within the next week or so.

4th Batch, app received/complete on 7/25.

Members don't see this ad.

I got that review email WEEKS ago but still haven't heard anything since. They have thousands of apps since it is a 3 year school but I figured I should stand out given my scores. Frustration.

Interview Invite today! Soooooo stoked :D :love:
Set for Monday October 21st
CA resident; cGPA 3.44; 25AA
I was second batch but I took the DAT 8/1 so app was complete 8/8 after i sent unofficial scores in

congrats :) im ny and so far i didn't hear of anyone getting it from ny :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else's having his or her UOP application placed on hold (under AADSAS "School Decisions") due to potential missing documents, etc?

Is anyone else's having his or her UOP application placed on hold (under AADSAS "School Decisions") due to potential missing documents, etc?

Yeah I just noticed that on mine too, It says we can check the status of our application on the UOP website, but I don't see any links on their website for this. Has anyone else been able to check their app status on UOP website under DDS?

I couldn't find it either, I'm thinking that was something that was available last year but not sure

I couldn't find it either, I'm thinking that was something that was available last year but not sure

Hey, guys! I'd definitely just call the school directly about missing stuff. Also, I think they used their own portal last year, but not any more. :)

I got that review email WEEKS ago but still haven't heard anything since. They have thousands of apps since it is a 3 year school but I figured I should stand out given my scores. Frustration.

Same here, no response for weeks, even with competitive stats and 1st batch. It's really quite frustrating. :mad:

Same here, no response for weeks, even with competitive stats and 1st batch. It's really quite frustrating.

Yeah I hear you totally. Every time somebody here with lower stats get an interview I'm like WTF why not me???? Are you CA or OOS ?

In the AADSAS portal 'school decisions' tab I see this note for UoP:

"Your application is in review or in process. For more detailed information, please refer to our website at www.dental.pacific.edu and check the application status link under the Doctor of Dental Surgery program."

However I cant seem to find the link on their website? Anyone have the direct link for this?

"Your application is in review or in process. For more detailed information, please refer to our website at www.dental.pacific.edu and check the application status link under the Doctor of Dental Surgery program."

However I cant seem to find the link on their website? Anyone have the direct link for this?

I did the same search to no avail a few days ago - I don't think it exists. I seem to remember someone mentioning that the portal was used last year and has since been discontinued.

I did the same search to no avail a few days ago - I don't think it exists. I seem to remember someone mentioning that the portal was used last year and has since been discontinued.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=934095

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! they had the link last year as I am a re-applicant. We used the link. However, I couldn't find the link this year on their website...Keep us posted if anyone finds it/hears anything from it....

I actually called U of P about that a couple days ago and they said they are no longer using the portal site and have stuck to a more traditional method of notification through AADSAS / e-mail. I also received the under review e-mail a week ago so I'm anxious to see what happens.

Interviews are starting this week Mon/Thurs apparently. Good luck to anyone coming, interview is pretty relaxed so don't stress out:cool:

What are you bringing with you to the interview? Do I need a resume or a full notebook or anything? I was thinking of just bringing a small clutch with my wallet and a small notebook...Is that sufficient?

What are you bringing with you to the interview? Do I need a resume or a full notebook or anything? I was thinking of just bringing a small clutch with my wallet and a small notebook...Is that sufficient?

hu..?:confused: Why would you bring those items?

hu..?:confused: Why would you bring those items?

I have no idea why, but someone mentioned on another thread they were bringing a copy of their resume and application essays and a notebook. J want sure if that was standard or not...I'm not planning on bringing them though

What you're planning to bring is perfect, although all you really need is a pen. You'll be given a folder with your schedule for the day.

This is my first time posting on SDN, but I figured I should try and give back to a community that has helped me so much. I will try to do my part! My interview is scheduled this Monday, September 16th, and I know it is supposed to be a relaxed/conversational affair but I'm still nervous. No one has posted anything about the September 12th interviews that occurred already, so I will try to make a breakdown of my experience after Monday.

The UoP community seems so warm and inviting; I even had the same feeling from the undergraduate school (even if I didn't wind up going). I'll be sure to provide an update as soon as possible, and good luck to you all!

This is my first time posting on SDN, but I figured I should try and give back to a community that has helped me so much. I will try to do my part! My interview is scheduled this Monday, September 16th, and I know it is supposed to be a relaxed/conversational affair but I'm still nervous. No one has posted anything about the September 12th interviews that occurred already, so I will try to make a breakdown of my experience after Monday.

The UoP community seems so warm and inviting; I even had the same feeling from the undergraduate school (even if I didn't wind up going). I'll be sure to provide an update as soon as possible, and good luck to you all!

Congrats on invite! Stats and batch? If you don't mind

If I haven't applied yet would I even have a chance still to get an interview here? I want to meet glimmer1991 ;-p

Congrats on invite! Stats and batch? If you don't mind

I believe I am first batch with a 3.86 sGPA, 3.84 oGPA and TS 26/ AA 26/ PAT 24. My flight leaves in three hours and I am going to drill interview questions and my app into my head so I won't freeze up if I happen to get the one interviewer who drills you with questions (going off of last year's SDN UoP page). I am really hoping for a positive first interview!

I interviewed last week and it was fine, don't be worried about it. Everyone was really friendly and welcoming, very much like their humanistic model suggests. You also don't go straight into an interview, so you have time to calm your nerves if that's an issue.

I believe I am first batch with a 3.86 sGPA, 3.84 oGPA and TS 26/ AA 26/ PAT 24. My flight leaves in three hours and I am going to drill interview questions and my app into my head so I won't freeze up if I happen to get the one interviewer who drills you with questions (going off of last year's SDN UoP page). I am really hoping for a positive first interview!

Wow, congratulations.

Well the interview lived up to the hype.

I arrived about a half hour early since this was my second time to SF and I wasn't confident that I had the bus system down. Upon arrival I took some time to look around and chat with the information desk, as well as take a stop at the gift shop and see what was offered. After checking in, I was given a packet with a schedule and lots of information pertaining to financial aid, scholarships, e-mails, the mission statement, the new building, etc... There was also a paper with a question on it and you were given about 15-30 minutes to write a response. Everyone's question was different when we compared, but none are too hard. I believe it is a test to insure that you can correctly spell and write coherently, if anything. We (8 of us total) were then gathered up and brought to a conference room where Stan informed us of admissions, gave a basic orientation, got to know each of us, and so on and so forth. There was then a Financial Aid orientation where we learned about loans, HPSP, NHSC, etc... Then, depending on your assigned schedule you either started your faculty interview or went on a tour of the campus (some others may have also went into their student interviews at this point, I am not entirely aware since I was the first to be called out of the room for my interview).

My interviewer and I shared a lot of common ground with my own personal dental goals and interests, so we got into heated conversation right away. We talked about travel, humanistic work in other countries, gangrene, how to make a great first impression with your patients, and my future plans. Before I knew it we had gone 10 minutes over the allotted interview time and he was actually called on his phone to bring me back to Student Services. Needless to say, I was very happy with my experience, and we hit it off very well. If I attend this University, I could see myself coming to him for guidance often.

Next I had my student interview, it was very informal and I mainly asked him questions about the rigors of UoP and how stressful the first year is. We sat outside and just chatted for about 20 minutes. Then I ate dinner in the cafeteria and talked with 3 more dental students. After eating, I, and only one of the other interviewees (I don't know if the normal tour size is 2 people), were given a tour of the school by a D2 student, however the tour was sort of moot since the new UoP building will be used next year. The building looks very modern and is equipped with truly state-of-the-art facilities (especially the new sim labs).

Lastly, we had a talk with the Dean and a Q&A session that lasted about another hour and a half total. Finally we filled out a short essay/paragraph about our experience with the entire interview process, thanked those in the Student Services, and left on our merry ways.

Overall, I thought it was a fantastic experience, and the new school has some very interesting features and patents. This interview has definitely affected my decision, and I could see myself being content as well as thrive at UoP.

Hopefully this was thorough enough for everyone, but if any of you have more questions feel free to ask me, and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Finally got the "active review" email. 8th batch haha yay

I got the app received email 7/25 like most people and still haven't received the active review email yet...should I be worried?! Idk if it matters, but I'm from jersey. 3.91/3.96 sGPA/oGPA, 24/26/26 AA/TS/PAT. I have two Cali schools scheduled in mid October and wanted to get this one in too if I qualified for the interview so that I don't have to shell out another ~$400 on airfare... :/

Anybody know if they've sent out interview invites since August?

Anybody know if they've sent out interview invites since August?

Following this thread and the Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection thread, I haven't seen anything.

I meant to write a post last week, but of course got super busy right as I got home from my trip to SF. I interviewed on 9/16 (with the previous poster) and I have to say, pretty much all of my points were already covered!

I was in the other schedule-group than the previous poster, so I had my tour of the school (along with 5 other interviewees), my student interview, lunch, and then my faculty interview. In my student interview, my interviewer asked a lot of the typical questions I was expecting - why dentistry, time management skills, leadership experience, etc. but my faculty interview was the opposite of what I was expecting. It was not an interview really at all. The only question he asked me was about the flooding in my hometown! But it was really laid back and just a natural conversation, so it was a great first interview experience. We talked about the new building, community service opportunities, and the alumni network at UOP among other things.

I also thought that everybody I talked to was genuinely nice and friendly. When I arrived at the school and took the elevator up to the meeting room, I had several students introduce themselves and tell me good luck. The same thing happened while we were eating lunch - current students came over and sat down at our table and wanted to know if we had any questions or if there was anything they could help us with. I definitely felt welcomed, and that was the biggest thing that stuck out to me.

Not about the interview in particular but wanted to share - I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express by Fisherman's Wharf and it was a decent place to stay that isn't on the UOP website as places to stay. I picked it because it was slightly cheaper and it had free breakfast. Also it was close enough to all the touristy stuff that I wanted to do while on my trip to SF. I made the mistake of renting a car, and it was a huge hassle to try to drive anywhere and was extremely expensive to park. So I recommend not repeating my mistake.

The day before my interview I was able to meet with two of my close girlfriends from undergrad who have moved out to SF for work, and they gave me such great advice on neighborhoods to live in and renting a place and just life in the city in general. This post is getting kind of long though, so if anybody is interested in hearing more detail about the interview or the city please PM me!

Those of you who got an interview call, what time did they call u ?

I meant to write a post last week, but of course got super busy right as I got home from my trip to SF. I interviewed on 9/16 (with the previous poster) and I have to say, pretty much all of my points were already covered!

I was in the other schedule-group than the previous poster, so I had my tour of the school (along with 5 other interviewees), my student interview, lunch, and then my faculty interview. In my student interview, my interviewer asked a lot of the typical questions I was expecting - why dentistry, time management skills, leadership experience, etc. but my faculty interview was the opposite of what I was expecting. It was not an interview really at all. The only question he asked me was about the flooding in my hometown! But it was really laid back and just a natural conversation, so it was a great first interview experience. We talked about the new building, community service opportunities, and the alumni network at UOP among other things.

I also thought that everybody I talked to was genuinely nice and friendly. When I arrived at the school and took the elevator up to the meeting room, I had several students introduce themselves and tell me good luck. The same thing happened while we were eating lunch - current students came over and sat down at our table and wanted to know if we had any questions or if there was anything they could help us with. I definitely felt welcomed, and that was the biggest thing that stuck out to me.

Not about the interview in particular but wanted to share - I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express by Fisherman's Wharf and it was a decent place to stay that isn't on the UOP website as places to stay. I picked it because it was slightly cheaper and it had free breakfast. Also it was close enough to all the touristy stuff that I wanted to do while on my trip to SF. I made the mistake of renting a car, and it was a huge hassle to try to drive anywhere and was extremely expensive to park. So I recommend not repeating my mistake.

The day before my interview I was able to meet with two of my close girlfriends from undergrad who have moved out to SF for work, and they gave me such great advice on neighborhoods to live in and renting a place and just life in the city in general. This post is getting kind of long though, so if anybody is interested in hearing more detail about the interview or the city please PM me!

Was it an actual student interview or was it more for you to ask them questions?

It was an actual student interview. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions with other students and faculty, though, so don't worry about that!

Anybody else get an interview invite from here? Looking around on this forum this school seems to be pretty quiet.

is this school going to give out anymore interviews?

Got a call for an interview today! Scheduled for Nov 11th. I'm Canadian but doing undergrad in the US.

4th batch, oGPA 3.5, 22TS 23 AA

And I thought they were all out of pre-Dec interviews.

Congrats everyone! :)

anybody here have an interview during the next couple weeks? it would be cool to know someone who has one the same day as me. pm me please