Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mmmm I do not recall reading a checklist in the packet that I received during my interview. Unless you were given an additional packet of documents post-acceptance.

I think I got it when they emailed out all the information on background checks, titers, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I got it when they emailed out all the information on background checks, titers, etc.
I will review that information this weekend. I have not done my background stuff yet, been working a lot lately. Thanks for the info ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes please post when you do find out. Is it just the stuff on certified background, housing, and financing?

Yes please post when you do find out. Is it just the stuff on certified background, housing, and financing?

Don't meant to interrupt, but I have done all of that. That info is more than likely only on back ground check and shot records. The financial aid awards wont be released until April 13th, however they have been given and you have to accept them. Check your LMU email for that. And for housing you have to find your own house unless if you are staying in the university housing. Hope it help and hope I am not wrong.

Last edited:
I don't have this information in my interview packet or emails either. Please keep us updated if you find out more information. Thanks!

I visited this place last week even though I am an applicant for next year's cycle. Janette said they were accepting 200+ students for the upcoming 2015 year. Is that an increase from this year's numbers, and does that increase concern anyone?

I had it written as 242 class size

For this year? That may be entirely true. She made it sound like it was recently increased, which may not be a big deal at all... I'm just skeptical when a school dramatically increases their enrollment for a certain program. Again, it may mean nothing at all.

For this year? That may be entirely true. She made it sound like it was recently increased, which may not be a big deal at all... I'm just skeptical when a school dramatically increases their enrollment for a certain program. Again, it may mean nothing at all.

The class size increased from 205 to 243.

243 is the maximum they can have.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible to get through orientation without a laptop? My macbook is old and I just got a good offer for someone to buy it. I won't have the money to buy a new laptop until our loan money clears (after orientation). I assume orientation is the time when they explain the testing software and other technology information.

Is it possible to get through orientation without a laptop? My macbook is old and I just got a good offer for someone to buy it. I won't have the money to buy a new laptop until our loan money clears (after orientation). I assume orientation is the time when they explain the testing software and other technology information.
You should be fine. I would contact the school. Who knows, they may have you do something on your laptop that requires you to have it. I don't imagine that being the case, but anything is possible.

Any news on the match list here for 2014?

If may seem like a bummer but at the very least it is not a rejection. If you really want to go to the school just know that for past 2 years about 60 or about 50% get off the waitlist. It's a very good number going for us. Send a LOI, keep them updated, stay positive, and have a plan B ready.
This is good advice. I'm a current first year at DCOM that was on the waiting list last year. I interviewed in March, and was accepted in early June. I agree with what others have said so far. Try to stay positive, this school differs from others in that the wait list does have significant movement. Make sure you send in a LOI and really spell out why you want to be here. Any significant updates you can send will help as well. I always sent my updates, ie my graduate school course grades, to Janettte Martin. She will respond to each update you send and also keep you posted on wait list movement. Last year there was very little movement until after the deadline to submit the deposit for accepted students. I'm not sure when that is this year, but last year it was mid to late May I believe. Good luck to anyone on the list, and please feel free to send me a private message if you'd like any further suggestions.

Reactions: 1 user
This is good advice. I'm a current first year at DCOM that was on the waiting list last year. I interviewed in March, and was accepted in early June. I agree with what others have said so far. Try to stay positive, this school differs from others in that the wait list does have significant movement. Make sure you send in a LOI and really spell out why you want to be here. Any significant updates you can send will help as well. I always sent my updates, ie my graduate school course grades, to Janettte Martin. She will respond to each update you send and also keep you posted on wait list movement. Last year there was very little movement until after the deadline to submit the deposit for accepted students. I'm not sure when that is this year, but last year it was mid to late May I believe. Good luck to anyone on the list, and please feel free to send me a private message if you'd like any further suggestions.
Late May just seems like a lonnnngggg time from now...especially after waiting since February

Coming to Middlesboro, KY to see the house I rented this weekend. Excited, wohoo.

Reactions: 1 user
what are the best rotation locations at dcom? Are there any really bad ones that should be avoided?

Late May just seems like a lonnnngggg time from now...especially after waiting since February

I have a good feeling that you will get in. I won't be able to attend this school due to family concerns, so I will be giving up my spot. I'm sure there will be others who won't be able to go like me. I REALLY liked this school. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I have a good feeling that you will get in. I won't be able to attend this school due to family concerns, so I will be giving up my spot. I'm sure there will be others who won't be able to go like me. I REALLY liked this school. :)
Sorry you have to give up your spot here, especially since you like it so much. Where will you be attending instead?

Anyone have an idea how long the wait list normally is? I was just added TO the wait list on 4-8...trying to get a realistic sense of my chances. Thanks!

is everyone getting school insurance? I have the school's health insurance this year but I feel like I'm getting jipped. I'm a newbie with this insurance stuff so I don't really know where the good places would be to look...any idea? thanks!

Has anybody been contacted for an interview invite recently? I have been completed forever (January) and haven't heard anything.

My Stats:
cGPA: 3.65
nsGPA: 3.57
sGPA: 3.47
MCAT: 26 (8,8,10)

LMU Grade Point Averages:
Mean Cumulative GPA 3.45
Mean Non-Science GPA 3.56
Mean Science GPA 3.36
Mean MCAT Composite Total 26-30

When I spoke with admissions, they said they were nearly done interviewing for this year. I recommend that you call their office for the most accurate answer though.

Has anybody been contacted for an interview invite recently? I have been completed forever (January) and haven't heard anything.

My Stats:
cGPA: 3.65
nsGPA: 3.57
sGPA: 3.47
MCAT: 26 (8,8,10)

Mean Cumulative GPA 3.45
Mean Science GPA 3.36

Why is your cGPA higher than both your nsGPA and sGPA?
And where did you get LMU's average stats from?

Why is your cGPA higher than both your nsGPA and sGPA?
And where did you get LMU's average stats from?

Sorry I accidentally switched the non science and cumulative GPA's. And the average stats were from Rebecca Barnett of admissions.

Sorry I accidentally switched the non science and cumulative GPA's. And the average stats were from Rebecca Barnett of admissions.
Hey I hate to bring bad news but next week is last week of interviews I believe. After that, they will start looking to the alternate list 2 weeks after the last interview (Friday).

Give them a call, maybe someone will drop out of these last two-three interviews.

Hey I hate to bring bad news but next week is last week of interviews I believe. After that, they will start looking to the alternate list 2 weeks after the last interview (Friday).

Give them a call, maybe someone will drop out of these last two-three interviews.

Yea, I would say calling and getting the info directly from them is the right thing to do.

My friend interviewed last week and he didn't receive the phone call. Is it safe to assume that my friend wasn't accepted?

My friend interviewed last week and he didn't receive the phone call. Is it safe to assume that my friend wasn't accepted?
Yes, unfortunately. Calls always go out on Thursday or Friday to let the applicants from the previous week know. He will get a letter in the mail letting him know what's going on. That doesn't mean, though, that he's out for good. He could still be put on the wait list and would only know from the letter.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, unfortunately. Calls always go out on Thursday or Friday to let the applicants from the previous week know. He will get a letter in the mail letting him know what's going on. That doesn't mean, though, that he's out for good. He could still be put on the wait list and would only know from the letter.

I think he is pretty accurate about the situation.

I interviewed last week (4/7) and didn't get the call until yesterday, so your friend could still be good :)

I was wondering if someone could offer me honest advice? I'm very interested in LMU-DCOM and will be applying for the 2015 cycle starting this June. I have a 3.8c/3.6s GPA with tomes of ec, leadership, and am now working for a DO in her private practice. My only set back is that I have a 23 MCAT (10vr/8b/5p), but I'm retaking this June 5th hoping to get my physical sciences up a few pts. Does LMU-DCOM take the highest of each section? Or are all scores just considered? I keep reading that they have a 24 MCAT avg. so I just wanted to check with a few students! I really like this school and want to make sure there's nothing in my app that will hurt me! Also, I will apply june 1, at midnight just to get my app in early!

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone could offer me honest advice? I'm very interested in LMU-DCOM and will be applying for the 2015 cycle starting this June. I have a 3.8c/3.6s GPA with tomes of ec, leadership, and am now working for a DO in her private practice. My only set back is that I have a 23 MCAT (10vr/8b/5p), but I'm retaking this June 5th hoping to get my physical sciences up a few pts. Does LMU-DCOM take the highest of each section? Or are all scores just considered? I keep reading that they have a 24 MCAT avg. so I just wanted to check with a few students! I really like this school and want to make sure there's nothing in my app that will hurt me! Also, I will apply june 1, at midnight just to get my app in early!

Thanks in advanced!
They look at all of your MCAT scores when considering your application. That being said, a 23 is not a total application killer, especially if you improve on your retake. I'd say make sure you don't let your bio or verbal score drop and improve your physical science score. Also make sure you apply as early as you can. One of the great things about LMU-DCOM's admissions is they look at your whole file rather than just your MCAT score. So in my opinion you have a good shot once you improve your score a bit.

They look at all of your MCAT scores when considering your application. That being said, a 23 is not a total application killer, especially if you improve on your retake. I'd say make sure you don't let your bio or verbal score drop and improve your physical science score. Also make sure you apply as early as you can. One of the great things about LMU-DCOM's admissions is they look at your whole file rather than just your MCAT score. So in my opinion you have a good shot once you improve your score a bit.

I've actually heard they're MCAT average is climbing towards more of a 26. Definitely, repeat the MCAT. If you do better on the 2nd one, there shouldn't be too much of an issue. I know plenty of people that took their mcat 2-3x and got in. Their gpas were lower than yours.

I've actually heard they're MCAT average is climbing towards more of a 26. Definitely, repeat the MCAT. If you do better on the 2nd one, there shouldn't be too much of an issue. I know plenty of people that took their mcat 2-3x and got in. Their gpas were lower than yours.

As what DoctorSwoleMD said, the MCAT average is currently above 26

Mean Cumulative GPA 3.45
Mean Science GPA 3.36

And this stat is probably from the class of 2017. According to historical trends of this school, the stats (MCAT/GPA) for the class of 2019 will only be higher.

For the students who go here: What's LMU's test schedule like?

I've been accepted to multiple schools. Still, I ask because I am very close with my family, find that family support has helped me through tough times in school, and would like to see them more often than Thanksgiving and Christmas. I live in New York and also have a young nephew here whom I have helped raise once my brother passed away. I hope that I could commute at least two or three weekends each semester to see my family and nephew back home. Thanks :)