Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just interviewed the other day. everyone is SO nice, they act like you bake them cookies every day. the interviews were so varied though. the people i got were the nicest ever and we chit chatted about hopes and dreams. people in other groups got the weakness, failures, latest book, questions. it's only 30 minutes and you spend the rest of the time with other med students touring the facilities, asking questions, eating. Oh and Bob the shuttle driver. Bob is the best. He said that morning that he prayed for all of us to have peace during our interviews. lovely guy. they said we'll know late this week or early next week about acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey do y'all think I should call again after the 15th to follow up with them. I just called a week ago and said they were interested and had interview problems . What you think? I really want an interview here.

Hey do y'all think I should call again after the 15th to follow up with them. I just called a week ago and said they were interested and had interview problems . What you think? I really want an interview here.

I'd wait til after the first of the year. Last I heard, they were waiting to get a final count on where they were in acceptances before offering more interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd wait til after the first of the year. Last I heard, they were waiting to get a final count on where they were in acceptances before offering more interviews.
Any idea on how many people have put deposits down on their acceptances? I'd love to have an idea of how many seats are left.

Sent mine in last week as well. I think the only way to know what percentage of the class is full is to call.

Sent mine in last week as well. I think the only way to know what percentage of the class is full is to call.
Yeah, I probably won't call and bother the admissions office just for that. I'd just love to know my chances, because this is my only interview thus far

Yeah, I probably won't call and bother the admissions office just for that. I'd just love to know my chances, because this is my only interview thus far

Numbers vary from year to year, but I've been told before that approximately 70% of those who interview are offered an acceptance. This includes those pulled off waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
^^ that's what they told us on our interview this year.

Any current students want to comment on the rotation situation?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long from getting a complete email to getting a decision on an interview takes? Do they silently reject pre-interview?

Does anyone know how long from getting a complete email to getting a decision on an interview takes? Do they silently reject pre-interview?
I was complete on 10/24 and received a hold status pre-interview on 11/4

For those of you who have interviewed and been accepted, how long after your interview did you hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed Friday heard back next Thursday.

Anyone read anywhere how many people they interview a cycle?

It varies, but I had to call in for my interview. Also keep in mind, deposits are due this Sunday, so they're not going to be sending out offers until they figure out how many seats they have left.

For those of you who have interviewed and been accepted, how long after your interview did you hear back?

The committee meets the week after the interview, so you'll hear back within a week.

Anyone read anywhere how many people they interview a cycle?

I believe it was 600-700 IIRC.

Based on my crude calculations, they offer roughly 42 interview days with max 12 interviewees per session so ~500?
Hey thanks for the information. I just should of applied earlier. lol

I wonder how full they will be. I know its hard to tell, just want to get an interview. I know my application is good enough (hopefully) Just have to be patient.

Although they said they were interested when I called. What do you guys think of my chances? I should of applied earlier but we were having a new baby and took the mcat late.
GPA 3.71
sGPA3.5
MCAT 24 ( 8/8/8)

EC
Served a two you volunteer mission for my church
Worked as an EMT in an emergency department full time since August 2013 .
Done research and our research was published. (Organic Chem)
Started a Pre med club and ran a blood drive at my school.
Random volunteering with my church.
Volunteered at Cancer society
Over thirty hours shadowing.
Some other random things.

Let me know, I know I have some weak points , MCAT, but was working full time and summer school and a new baby. Was a crazy time. Thanks for the heads head.

Although they said they were interested when I called. What do you guys think of my chances? I should of applied earlier but we were having a new baby and took the mcat late.
GPA 3.71
sGPA3.5
MCAT 24 ( 8/8/8)

EC
Worked as an EMT in an emergency department full time since last August.

Let me know, I know I have some weak points , MCAT, but was working full time and summer school and a new baby. Was a crazy time. Thanks for the heads head.
I just took 4 level physiology class (B+) , 4 level neuroscience (A-), Human structure and function class (B+), ecology (A-) and was working full time at the hospital during the semester.

GPA 3.71
sGPA3.5
MCAT 24 ( 8/8/8)

EC
Worked as an EMT in an emergency department full time since August 2013 .

They said they were interested, but didn't offer you an interview? I just want to make sure I'm reading that right.

They said they were interested, but didn't offer you an interview? I just want to make sure I'm reading that right.
Yeah I called them and the lady looked up my profile and she told me that they were interested in me and they had interview problems. She said , "look in your email"

Going to be giving up my 1/12 interview in a few minutes.

I'm interviewing this upcoming Monday. it would be awesome to hear back by Thursday! Best early Christmas present ever!!! :D

Given that scheduling mishaps don't happen, the committee meets every Wednesday to review the previous Friday/Monday interviews. Calls are made that weekend, usually Thursday or Friday, but can be as late as Monday if the Dean had a busy schedule.

Where you going?

I have an acceptance at VCOM-Auburn which aligns incredibly well with my personal and professional goals (specifically sports med/ortho). I am also awaiting news from my in state allo and another allo school that I have ties to.

Do we get a confirmation when they receive our seat deposit? I want to make sure that check doesn't get lost in the mail.

Do we get a confirmation when they receive our seat deposit? I want to make sure that check doesn't get lost in the mail.
I requested that my check be signed for, and as a result received mail confirmation that it was received. It was only like 8 dollars.

I called today because I haven't heard anything since being complete in October! They told me that they were going to call me soon about an interview once they pick a date, but they're waiting to schedule interviews until after December 15! I'm so excited, and I would love to go to school here! :)

I called today because I haven't heard anything since being complete in October! They told me that they were going to call me soon about an interview once they pick a date, but they're waiting to schedule interviews until after December 15! I'm so excited, and I would love to go to school here! :)

Just be patient. We are currently in finals week and there has been some administration changes so as you can imagine it is quite busy here. There will be one more round of interviews left for this year on 12/15/14. Then interviews will resume on 1/9/15. For those that are worried about interviewing late or had late completion on their submissions do not panic. I too was a late submission and did not interview until February. I was not wait listed and know of many more that interviewed after me who got direct admission. At this current moment the class of 2019 is not even half full. Good luck to those who have applied.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I called them and the lady looked up my profile and she told me that they were interested in me and they had interview problems. She said , "look in your email"

Have you received an email yet? I'm sure there is more to your post, but without assuming anything I'm curious on whom you spoke with. Usually when you call they do not indicate they are "interested" in you. They usually will indicate that you are due for an interview and will either set one up over the phone or send you an email with available dates. I know that all the interview dates have been selected and they are currently filling January spots. Feel free to message me if you need some help on who to reach at LMU-DCOM to inquire about your status. Good luck otherwise.

Are you allowed to bring someone with you on your interview day? My dad is driving driving out with me and id hate to make him do whatever ny himself all day. Thanks,

Are you allowed to bring someone with you on your interview day? My dad is driving driving out with me and id hate to make him do whatever ny himself all day. Thanks,

I wondered the same thing. I'm leaving my wife at home, I'd feel bad putting her through a 10 hour drive just to sit in a hotel room, then drive another 10 back

He is welcome to all interview day activities except for actually being in the room with you while you interview (30 minutes).

I wondered the same thing. I'm leaving my wife at home, I'd feel bad putting her through a 10 hour drive just to sit in a hotel room, then drive another 10 back

Bring them along if you want, its a really nice experience and delicious free lunch. Plus Bob!

Edit: my brother drove with me and didn't want to sit with the med students while we ate so Bob came and sat with him and they chatted for like an hour. Such a cool guy.

Hi all, I'm Interviewing Monday 12/15 as well. I'm excited to see the campus. I hear so many great things about the school and it's friendly atmosphere.

Hi all, I'm Interviewing Monday 12/15 as well. I'm excited to see the campus. I hear so many great things about the school and it's friendly atmosphere.

Good luck on the interview. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Bring them along if you want, its a really nice experience and delicious free lunch. Plus Bob!

Edit: my brother drove with me and didn't want to sit with the med students while we ate so Bob came and sat with him and they chatted for like an hour. Such a cool guy.
Thanks!! one more question. For the dinner with current med students the night before, did they ever mention what time it is?

My parents flew in with me and they joined us for the tour and lunch--they just showed up after the interview. I was mortified but they really liked that they got to see the place and have some questions answered.

Amy last minute tips for the interview? From what i gather it's pretty low key? Ive been stressing tryin to brush up on research i haven't worked on since four years ago haha