Lincoln Memorial - DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I'm officially going to DCOM!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how much taking the stethoscope off of the Welch Allyn kit reduces the price of said kit?

Someone previously said it was around 100$. I'm going to look at that e-mail item list tonight and price match on Amazon. I feel like we can get away at around 400$ instead of 900$

Did we figure out if the stuff is even needed?

Reactions: 1 user
Someone previously said it was around 100$. I'm going to look at that e-mail item list tonight and price match on Amazon. I feel like we can get away at around 400$ instead of 900$

Good luck with that. The panoptic ophthalmoscope is 400 by itself. You'd do better trying to find one used on ebay. That's my plan.

Congratulations to all those accepted to LMU-DCOM class of 2019!

If you are still looking for a place to live I have a 3 bedroom 1 bath house for rent in Harrogate that is less than 5 minutes from campus. It is unfurnished, includes front-loading washer and dryer, a storage shed, and large yard. It is perfect for a small family or roommates. No smoking, no pets. $800 a month. Email me for more information and pictures [email protected]

Good luck with that. The panoptic ophthalmoscope is 400 by itself. You'd do better trying to find one used on ebay. That's my plan.
I tried looking for some of the stuff off of the list on amazon myself and holycrapmedschoolisexpensive, haha.

Does anyone know how much utilities typically are up there per month? Also are the university apartments really that bad?

Does anyone know how much utilities typically are up there per month? Also are the university apartments really that bad?
I heard the Uni Inn has thin walls and doors. I bought some acoustic blankets to hang up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, where is that thread that students list the pros/cons of their school. I can't find it

Edit: nvm found it

Last edited:
Anyone hear if the alternate list is still moving or not?

Anyone hear if the alternate list is still moving or not?

I called on Thursday, and Mrs. Martin said that they were still planning on offering around 2o spots this month and 20 spots next month. It seems like they are just now starting to move it in earnest.

Reactions: 4 users
I called on Thursday, and Mrs. Martin said that they were still planning on offering around 2o spots this month and 20 spots next month. It seems like they are just now starting to move it in earnest.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the update! That makes me feel better about what is going on.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the DCOM ones are pretty old :\

I just graduated and did one a little earlier in the year (it was actually a response to a pm, but I posted it in the pros/cons thread because I thought it would help others too....so it's not in the traditional format but I think it will give you a pretty good idea of the school).

Very minor update but remember how during our interviews the committee would meet on Wednesday to review the applications. I asked if there was a similar type day of the week for waitlist applications. I was told there was not a set day of the week but that it would usually be near the end of the week.

Quick question: Is a mac book compatible with the school requirements etc... of a laptop? Thanks

Hey everyone I was accepted yesterday but I have decided to go to a different school. Good luck to all of the wait listers!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone I was accepted yesterday but I have decided to go to a different school. Good luck to all of the wait listers!
How did you find out? Did they call or send a letter or both? Congrats on another school!

Hey they called me and sent me an email almost right after. And they told me they would send a letter through snail mail also. Keep in mind that you only have 24 hours to pay the deposit at least that's what it said in the letter. Hope that helps!

Well, if you're like me and you've had your cell in your pocket just waiting on the call. You can set down somewhere near you instead. I just called Ms. Martin to see if she received some information I sent her, she had and said that today she would be updating the committee with any new information she had and that right now they don't have any spots left. It's a waiting game to see if people will drop their acceptances.

Good luck to all those waiting on spots.

Reactions: 3 users
Well, if you're like me and you've had your cell in your pocket just waiting on the call. You can set down somewhere near you instead. I just called Ms. Martin to see if she received some information I sent her, she had and said that today she would be updating the committee with any new information she had and that right now they don't have any spots left. It's a waiting game to see if people will drop their acceptances.

What happened to the 20 spots this month and 20 spots next moth that spiffysteve mentioned above? Are only the 20 spots this month full or every single spot is full and there was never such a thing as there being 20 and 20?

Reactions: 1 users
What happened to the 20 spots this month and 20 spots next moth that spiffysteve mentioned above? Are only the 20 spots this month full or every single spot is full and there was never such a thing as there being 20 and 20?
i would like to know as well...

i would like to know as well...

:( Sorry everyone, what I posted was literally the entire conversation that lasted at most 30 seconds. I would of loved to of asked her more questions but she seemed a tad busy when I called or on her way to go to lunch. It could be that all June spots were handed out, or what I personally assumed (and only just my opinion) the 20 - 20 spots to mean that it was an average/ estimate based on the past years.

My assumption would be that that was speculation.
I really don't think they'd hold 20 open spots just to give them away next month. That doesn't really make any sense.

Has anyone talked to the school to confirm the spots are all given out?

I GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!! I'm going to be a doctor! I literally got it 7 minutes ago. I'm at work and I think because the building is so thick, it went straight to voicemail. I've listened to the message 3 times already and I still can't believe it. I think I have my happy tears under control now. But I know the second someone makes eye contact with me, I'm just going to loose it. Oh my gosh, there are so many things I've got to do and I'm stuck at work. I haven't told my parents yet, but since they're out of town, I'm going to make a huge poster saying accepted and see if they get it.

All the message said was that I'll get a letter in the snail mail soon with more information. No email yet.

Reactions: 18 users
I GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!! I'm going to be a doctor! I literally got it 7 minutes ago. I'm at work and I think because the building is so thick, it went straight to voicemail. I've listened to the message 3 times already and I still can't believe it. I think I have my happy tears under control now. But I know the second someone makes eye contact with me, I'm just going to loose it. Oh my gosh, there are so many things I've got to do and I'm stuck at work. I haven't told my parents yet, but since they're out of town, I'm going to make a huge poster saying accepted and see if they get it.

All the message said was that I'll get a letter in the snail mail soon with more information. No email yet.
Congrats. And damn, that is like no time at all to prepare!

Congrats. And damn, that is like no time at all to prepare!

Thank you and I know, I almost don't know what do next. It's a little scary because in just a few weeks, I'll be living on my own for the first time ever. I'm just grateful that I've got this amount of time to prepare because in the next few weeks, more people are going to be accepted and they'll have way less time than myself.

Don't worry waitlist folks, your turn is next and if it gets too close, I'll pack you with my things and take you with me.

PS, thanks for the likes everyone. Your highfives are the best :D

Welcome aboard! I look forward to meeting you this fall in class!

Hi folks I am new student at LMU moving from the suburbs of Chicago and I am looking for an apartment for my wife and I. I cannot seem to find any place where they have openings. If anyone knows of any open apartments please let me know.

Hi folks I am new student at LMU moving from the suburbs of Chicago and I am looking for an apartment for my wife and I. I cannot seem to find any place where they have openings. If anyone knows of any open apartments please let me know.
Join the FB page and/or go to dcomdo.com

Welcome!! Search Facebook for LMU-DCOM class of 2019 . We are here to help! Can't wait!

Congrats everyone!!

Last edited:
How does the wait list for this school work? How many students ? Is it Ranked ?

How does the wait list for this school work? How many students ? Is it Ranked ?

It is not ranked. Maybe 100 students ish are placed onto the waitlist after they interview.

Right now the class is full. When a person gives up their seat, the committee will meet up and go through the wait list to see who is the most competitive out of the bunch and then they will call that person.