Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected pre-interview 11/4/15 via snail mail (just opened it today). Completed 9/1o.

OOS-CA. 3.2 GPA, 31 MCAT.

Seems like a great school but a no go for me, good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected pre-interview 11/4/15 via snail mail (just opened it today). Completed 9/1o.

OOS-CA. 3.2 GPA, 31 MCAT.

Seems like a great school but a no go for me, good luck everyone!
Sorry to hear that :/ Best of luck with the rest of your schools and interviews!

Reactions: 1 user
What?! Why? I thought the info books were indicating that they don't accept 2016 MCATs (presumably due to being so late in the cycle)

Members don't see this ad :)
What?! Why? I thought the info books were indicating that they don't accept 2016 MCATs (presumably due to being so late in the cycle)
Well, I am hoping it's just a typo. I'm calling them tomorrow and I'll let you guys know...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well, I am hoping it's just a typo. I'm calling them tomorrow and I'll let you guys know...

It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't accept January 2015 MCATs. I mean, they certainly accept MCAT scores that are 3 years old till the recent ones this year so why exclude a single month? I'm sure it is a typo and meant to say January 2016 because that is more understandable.

It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't accept January 2015 MCATs. I mean, they certainly accept MCAT scores that are 3 years old till the recent ones this year so why exclude a single month? I'm sure it is a typo and meant to say January 2016 because that is more understandable.
I agree...that's why I want to clarify either way. It's also why I freaked out a little lol.

I took the MCAT in January 2015. I have already been accepted this cycle. You guys are fine.
@bakr89

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Should we write this off if we have been complete since August with no interview? I'd love to have a chance to interview here.
I think it's too early...from what I have read on this thread, it seems that there were enough incidents for us to still have hope that someone might still contact us. I am on the same boat too.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time someone has heard from them regarding IIs?

Just out of curiosity when was the last time someone has heard from them regarding IIs?
I don't remember the exact date, but I got my II in late October or early November. Does anyone know if the next adcom meeting will be postponed because of Thanksgiving???

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my II for December 4th, if anyone wants to trade up for an early Dec interview they should jump on it! Good luck to everyone! :)

Do you think it's worth applying here at this point in time? LizzyM - 62, a medical sciences masters, (and from the ccom area)

Don't listen to the haters, I was accepted 3 weeks ago (Chicago Resident) with a lizzyM of 61ish. Definitely not the best applicant but had a great PS, secondary, interview, and non neurotic life experience. Good Luck!

Don't listen to the haters, I was accepted 3 weeks ago (Chicago Resident) with a LizzyM of 61ish. Definitely not the best applicant but had a great PS, secondary, interview, and non neurotic life experience. Good Luck!

Nobody is hating on the guy. We are all giving solid advice here. Also, it isn't that early in the cycle, so the advantage of applying early with lower stats is gone. Nobody said "don't apply here." Realistically, his chances aren't super high unless he has stellar EC's.

Last edited:
II today! Submitted 10/18 and was complete 11/3 due to issues receiving my physician letter. 3.84 GPA, 30 MCAT. Interviewing in January. Excited!

Reactions: 5 users

Last edited:
How soon after your complete date do you guys think it is beneficial to send a letter indicating why you're a goof fit to their school?

How soon after your complete date do you guys think it is beneficial to send a letter indicating why you're a goof fit to their school?
I wouldn't send a letter about why you're a good fit; I think the school values tangible updates more than a letter of "hey, please give me an interview!" Also, I'd wait a few months after completion before trying to update them.

I sent a "good fit" letter before I got an II, but it really wasn't about why I am a good fit for the school. It was more about why I can handle med school based on the things I have accomplished.
For example, during my undergrad, I have taken 21, 25, 27 credit semesters and even 21 credits during the summer. I said that because I was able to do so while not letting my grades slip, that I feel I understand what is required of me in med school.
Tailor your letter in such a way, because in one of the questions for the secondaries, you already say why you think CCOM should choose you.
Hopefully this helps!

I wouldn't send a letter about why you're a good fit; I think the school values tangible updates more than a letter of "hey, please give me an interview!" Also, I'd wait a few months after completion before trying to update them.
I sent a "good fit" letter before I got an II, but it really wasn't about why I am a good fit for the school. It was more about why I can handle med school based on the things I have accomplished.
For example, during my undergrad, I have taken 21, 25, 27 credit semesters and even 21 credits during the summer. I said that because I was able to do so while not letting my grades slip, that I feel I understand what is required of me in med school.
Tailor your letter in such a way, because in one of the questions for the secondaries, you already say why you think CCOM should choose you.
Hopefully this helps!

Thanks guys!

Declined my acceptance. Great school, just not the right fit for me for several reasons. Hope it goes to someone who really wants it!

Declined my acceptance. Great school, just not the right fit for me for several reasons. Hope it goes to someone who really wants it!
Would you mind sharing those reasons :D?

I was accepted to a school in an area with more affordable cost of living, more attractive location to me personally and with multiple hospitals attached to the school itself. Tuition is also significantly cheaper.

I was accepted to a school in an area with more affordable cost of living, more attractive location to me personally and with multiple hospitals attached to the school itself. Tuition is also significantly cheaper.
That makes sense. Best of luck to you in your new school!

Submitted my deposit yesterday... this is getting REAL

Reactions: 8 users
Would anyone who has an II mind sharing what January and February dates were listed/available? I'm living abroad and trying to plan my dates in the US accordingly. Thanks!

Anybody know why its taking longer for physician LOR to be uploaded to be complete? Its completed on AACOMAS

If my AACOMAS was verified on 11/30/15, how soon could I expect a secondary? I know I'm pretty late to the game, just seeing what other's experience was with this

Declined my acceptance to this school. Better fit elsewhere. But I hope one of you gets that seat! Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
They almost certainly mean they don't accept Jan 2016 MCAT scores. Jan 2015 is fine for this cycle.
I got accepted here this round and used my January 2015 score. They meant for last cycle- med students who are in their first year now, couldnt use the Jan 2015 score.

I'll admit off the top that I didn't take the time to browse the 17 pages of the forum for an answer to this question, but was hoping that somebody could provide a quick synopsis and schedule of the interview day for me! Thanks.

So I was complete here early November and I haven't heard back yet and I was wondering if I stand any chance this late in the cycle? Colorado Resident, 3.59cGPA, 3.35sGPA, 504 MCAT (27.5 on old scale)

So I was complete here early November and I haven't heard back yet and I was wondering if I stand any chance this late in the cycle? Colorado Resident, 3.59cGPA, 3.35sGPA, 504 MCAT (27.5 on old scale)
Complete late October with similar stats and still haven't heard anything. I think we're still in the no news is good news stage

Reactions: 2 users
Complete late October with similar stats and still haven't heard anything. I think we're still in the no news is good news stage
I was placed on the interview waitlist at AZCOM so I'm really worried about my chances at this school. I've heard that CCOM is slightly more competitive than AZCOM.

Complete since beginning of July no word... :/

Is there a complete email sent out? I just submitted a secondary to this school and had all other green check marks in the application check-list.

has anyone with mcat <29 heard recently?

Can anyone post a log in url for the secondary. I completed it long ago but I can not seem to find my log in url to sign into the portal