NC State University C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We do not have a dress code here for classes, you can wear jeans and a t-shirt :) Most our restrictions obviously come in when you are working in one of the hospitals and when we are in our different labs.

All of our lectures are lecture captured during regular meeting hours so that you can review, this does both audio and video (it captures what the professor is projecting from the computer up front). One of my physio professors also does pod-casts as an additional thing for us, which is helpful to catch main points.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know when we would be hearing back? and I heard via email...is that true?!? :rolleyes:

does anyone know when we would be hearing back? and I heard via email...is that true?!? :rolleyes:
When they received my fall transcripts I got an email that non-resident applicants would be notified by February 15th and residents by March 15th

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck OOSers this week! Here's to hoping we hear news soon.. Good*** news of any kind somehow!!

Are decisions being mailed out on the 15 or should we hear by the 15? Anyone know?

Since the 15 is a Sunday, I would think email would come before then, maybe Friday. Ya never know though!

Since the 15 is a Sunday, I would think email would come before then, maybe Friday. Ya never know though!
They've sent out letters in the past so I'm wondering if we should get them this week or next week? Hopefully this week because Monday is a holiday so it could be late next week

When i called the other week they sai they were sending out emails

I will be in NC a few weeks from now and won't be too far from NCSU. Do you guys conduct tours for prospectives?

When i called the other week they sai they were sending out emails
They said the decisions were coming via email or they are just emailing us once the mail the letters?

The person i spoke with said pdf decisions sent via email! But idk if theyre going to do both email and letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
The person i spoke with said pdf decisions sent via email! But idk if theyre going to do both email and letter?
Thank you for the information!! That makes me so nervous for my email this week haha but still very excited, good luck!

Hahha yeah me too! Phone will not leave my side... Thank you, this is my second try so going to need it! Good luck too!!

Hahha yeah me too! Phone will not leave my side... Thank you, this is my second try so going to need it! Good luck too!!
We will be sending out admissions status updates via email. You will receive an email from [email protected] with a pdf file of your admissions letter attached or further information directly in the email. We will not be mailing admissions letters this year. As stated on the timeline website, we will notify non-residents of their admissions decision by February 15th.

hey guys! check your emails bc the emails are being sent out!!!

NCSU c/o 2019!! :soexcited::clap:

Reactions: 2 users
thanks! don't worry, its coming for you guys! i realized after waiting for months after people started hearing, that patience is truly a virtue and it pays off!!

hey guys! check your emails bc the emails are being sent out!!!

NCSU c/o 2019!! :soexcited::clap:
Are you reiterating what the rep from nc state said or do you believe they're being sent out today?

yup, they're sending them out today! well I believe a portion of them. I just received mine around 10:45 this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
yup, they're sending them out today! well I believe a portion of them. I just received mine around 10:45 this morning!
Thank you for the info and congrats! I'd hope they'd send them ALL out today!!

I also received my acceptance this morning around that time!
So excited!!!! NCSU class of 2019!
Hi classmate!! :soexcited:

I'm OOS, btw

Good luck everyone!!!

Alternate as well. Apparently only 50 of us on the wait list.... I am curious how decisions are made with regards to unranked waitlists...

Alternate as well. Apparently only 50 of us on the wait list.... I am curious how decisions are made with regards to unranked waitlists...
I called. He said if someone declines a position the committee meets and decides from there who is best fit. Honestly it sounds like they rank the list but they don't want us all calling to figure out our number so they just tell us it's unranked. I doubt they have time to meet and go over 50 apps every time someone declines a spot.

:( :( :(

Grats to all accepted, :xf: for alternates! If they are doing things like they have in the past, they actually try to replace people who decline with people off the waitlist with similar interests to keep the class balanced - so if someone who was interested in equine decides to go elsewhere, they pull an equine waitlister, etc.

Historically a lot of OOS SDNers who were waitlisted got in, so don't give up hope!

Heart literally ripped out of my chest =( hopelly ppl decline their offers at some point soon!

Congratulations to those who have heard so far and welcome to the Wolfpack! We look forward to meeting you guys during Welcome Weekend/Open House :)

Those on the waitlist... do not lose hope :)

Does any one know the best way to get to NCSU from NYC? I was thinking about driving but it's going to be a long drive lol. Which do you guys suggest? Flying? Driving?

And good luck to those of you still waiting! :)

Does any one know the best way to get to NCSU from NYC? I was thinking about driving but it's going to be a long drive lol. Which do you guys suggest? Flying? Driving?

I've done a similar drive back when I was applying to undergrad from long island to UNC (which time wise should be about the same?)

If I recall correctly, you do Jersey Turnpike to I-95 to I-85, and then there is some other interstate afterwards that is not coming to my head. But drive time was like 7ish hours or so.

It's not a bad drive at all (but I'm personally a fan of car trips and saving money ;) ) but it's definitely an 8 hour trip.

I think the train goes that far north? It definitely runs through here. BUT it would only save you money (I think? Possibly. I'm crazy) and not time. (12 hours?) But its free wifi, at least when I went.
It does go up to NYC. I haven't taken it (but my actor friend has) so I don't know much else.

just a question for current NCSU students- are any of you interested in zoo medicine focus area? I have some questions about the "track"! I can PM you!

just a question for current NCSU students- are any of you interested in zoo medicine focus area? I have some questions about the "track"! I can PM you!
I am not a zoo medicine person so I cannot answer anything for you, sorry :( The following is a link to the "Zoo Medicine Focus" page, I am not sure if you have visited it yet... http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/dvm/zm.html

Sorry I cannot be any more help!

Thanks! @WulfpackChica

Can I actually ask you a question about the curriculum. The site lists about 7 classes for the first year, fall semester. Are those all of the classes that are actually taken, in addition to electives?

I'm zoo focused. I actually want to do small/exotics but liked the flexibility of the track. Chuck me a PM with questions if you want. :)

Thanks! @WulfpackChica

Can I actually ask you a question about the curriculum. The site lists about 7 classes for the first year, fall semester. Are those all of the classes that are actually taken, in addition to electives?
Hey Swongy!

We're undergoing some curricular changes but in the fall, minus electives, we took the following courses this year:
Histology
Small animal Anatomy
Physiology
Infection and immunity
Communications
Introduction to clinical problem solving

In the spring (now):
Physical exam skills
Cases in infection and immunity
Infection and immunity 2
Small group problem solving
Comparative anatomy
Behavior
Physiology 2

I think that's it? Then electives are optional and offered in the evening. Zoo kids usually have to take like 3 I think.