NC State University c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I am planning on applying to NC State this next round and I had a quick couple questions if someone would be kind enough to help me out! (New at this website so sorry if this isn't the best place to ask them but I thought I'd try). My biggest concern is getting the 400 minimum hours required. For example, if I worked in beef nutrition research this summer on a master student's project (who is in turn doing the project under one of my PhD professors), could that count toward the 400 required hours? Also, where can I get a for sure answer on if my animal science department's genetics class would count as a pre-req? Thank you!
Send your questions to: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all the IS students who recently got their acceptances!!

I will be attending the accepted students day and was wondering if we were sent confirmation of registration/a schedule? I tried accessing the google form where I last saw the schedule, but we can't see it anymore because it's no longer accepting responses. Also, to current students who attended, is there a lot of down time (i.e. is it worth it for me to bring my laptop to get some work done)? Thanks!

Congrats to all the IS students who recently got their acceptances!!

I will be attending the accepted students day and was wondering if we were sent confirmation of registration/a schedule? I tried accessing the google form where I last saw the schedule, but we can't see it anymore because it's no longer accepting responses. Also, to current students who attended, is there a lot of down time (i.e. is it worth it for me to bring my laptop to get some work done)? Thanks!

No confirmation of registration, but a schedule was sent as an attachment to the email that had the google doc RSVP form, which I received on 3/10. Lmk if you can't find it and I'd be happy to fwd.

No confirmation of registration, but a schedule was sent as an attachment to the email that had the google doc RSVP form, which I received on 3/10. Lmk if you can't find it and I'd be happy to fwd.
Hmm I don't think OOS got that attachment! Should I PM you my email?

As far as downtime, I wouldn't count on it. If you have some work that you urgently need to do (send emails) you could bring a tablet or small laptop, but I'd focus on the events. No one else usually brings laptops.

If you have some studying you need to do, just print off notes to bring. I think you'll find the downtime limited, though.

If anyone is looking to rent a house close to the school, there is one in my neighborhood up for rent. That doesn't often happen. It would be a 25-minute walk from front door to school locker. You can Google stalk it at 213 Marsh Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27606. Number to call is 919-832-1572, Joyner Realty.

Congrats everyone, I'll be in and out of the school tomorrow but maybe I'll see some of y'all.

Today marks 1 week until APRIL 15, maybe this means less then 2 weeks for any OOS Waitlisters to get notified. So anxious....:dead:

FYI there is a stethoscope sale right now on at AllHeart. My first year we coordinated a class-wide purchase that got us bulk pricing. Think about it. Most of us buy Cardio IIIs.

http://www.allheart.com/all-littmann/c/1184/

Thanks for the heads up! Do you think it's worth it to buy first year? I know I'll have to buy one eventually, just wondering if I should go ahead and buy now or wait until class starts.

Thanks for the heads up! Do you think it's worth it to buy first year? I know I'll have to buy one eventually, just wondering if I should go ahead and buy now or wait until class starts.
I asked about this on the FB group page for C/O 2020 and the 2019 folks (who are also members of the group) said a scope is required first year, definitely second semester, perhaps not necessary first semester. Apparently the price for a Cardio III is around $138 through bulk ordering. So possibly better to wait until school starts and get in on the bulk order. Some folks think a cheaper scope is acceptable, some think it's better to pay for the Cardio III.

OOS wonder if if anyone has been contacted, with an offer from the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys just got accepted off the waitlist, and was wondering if anyone had any input for how good the equine part of the school is? I've not really heard that much about it...

Hey guys just got accepted off the waitlist, and was wondering if anyone had any input for how good the equine part of the school is? I've not really heard that much about it...
I am not sure if any one has gotten back to you but when I visited the campus the equine facility was quite impressive compared to some of the other vet schools that I have been to.